NIKE AIR TRAINER 1.2 MID....Fall '10 PICS****

Still can't find 13's in the colorway I want. I'm glad these don't have the funky toebox the previous ones did. They are great shoes that are perfect for all around. I want a pair to teach tennis in. Gosh, I just with I could get some Zooom though homies!

Sz 13's are out there. Ordered a few weeks ago via some outlet (I wish I could remember). No luck @ Finishline's?

prostaffer, drop me a PM and maybe I can help. I'm a 12-13.

Another day browsing around christmas shopping in these tr 1.2s. I think my 04 zoom trainers and 00 at1s are getting a bit jealous. These just feel right on the feet. Running and Gym use may be a whole other story but the casual comfort is there. The upper is stiff, but at the same time soft. And I think my favorite aspect is the weight. I'm not a man to usually compare by the ounce, but if you're into that, I made mention of that a few pages back. These are LIGHT on your feet. I wish they had a lace lock up top. I wear them unlaced. They also have a zoom trainer 1 vibe with the one piece inner sock sleeve. I wear my zoom's unlaced as well. Your feet just stay in that shoe no matter what. A slipper feel somewhat.

Consider me the #1 spokesman for these (below $75 only... still not worth retail imo)

Last week I saw and felt the bright cactus tr1s and I still had to pass on those. The shiny grey patent leather and the accordion like "popping" and flexing of the upper is just a total buzz kill. These tr1.2s actually improved that design

That's the reason I'm in love with these. All the reasons you listed for these shoes being great are the reasons I loved my 04 zoom trainers. I actually love the lower cut of these. I trained and did everything in those 04 unlaced because they were amazing with no need for lacing. Perfect fit.

Originally Posted by SteelerBill

Gentlemen.....coupla questions for you....

First, I saw the sample Polamalu's...are those PE?  Or will they be made available at some point?

I train in the SC 2010's - and own this colorway:

nike-trainer-1-2-mid-white-volt.jpg

And am considering this colorway - does anyone own this colorway? Is that silver really pronounced?

Nike-Trainer-1.2-Mid-%E2%80%93-Black-Metallic-Silver.jpg

Thank you.

This is a so so colorway, silver is pronounced. Finishline has them marked down LOW on their site. Hope this helps...

Thank you gentlemen....I did order the Livestrong's (Black and Gold of course) and am still considering the Black and Silver - just like 'em because they are different.

Someone posted earlier to look around your gym to see the type of shoes being worn....good point....lot's of running shoes although I am seeing more Nike Free's - personally I work out in either SC2010 or Nike Free's....love 'em both.....

I guess it's no secret now.
http://sportsworldinc.com...1/Nike-Fall-footwear.pdf
page 36. I don't think they are even thread worthy

NIKE TRAINER 1.3 MID
Fall 2011 release. Starting Late June/Early July
e231584466cbccb954184aec91ffeb46ac5518e.jpg

b0835a554a2069b6c05dc84eb06a1492816eb4d.jpg

7e4358ad4a27638fc709cbbebcd2edf3cf7917d.jpg

54335d41415e643ecc44ca52b29cc3775752920.jpg

Looks like some sort of blue chip TB shoe. and to think I was possibly gonna sell off some of my zoom trainer stash. I guess the stock piling continues.

I don't know if any colorways can help this shoe either. I love basic, but this just doesnt seem like an athletic shoe at all. It's hard to put into words how I would describe that shoe..

It's just so sad.

Let's talk about lost potential.

2003, Tinker had some sketches of what would eventually be the zoom air trainer 1 mid.
These sketches featured some shark tooth/exaggerated zoom haven forefoot and heel elements.
c392573462603c1dc93bee9ab431bc30c2e3040.jpg

Top left shows it best. The 2000 zoom haven was far less exaggerated.
The 2000 zoom haven with the outrigger design that almost all basketball shoes are based off of now
airzoomhaven.jpg

The overly exaggerated outrigger from the sketch obviously didn't make it into the final product a full year later. In fact, that element never made it into any cross trainer....

2006 roles around and the first zoom kobes feature a similar outrigger element as the one 3 years prior. This time on a basketball shoe. A few years later and the KOBE IV and then V and now VI all seemingly have that streamlined outrigger. Even 2010s Hyperdunks feature that element. Given, Tinkers original sketch above wasn't the greatest, but the vision was there. It just never got realized on a cross trainer. You could pretty much blame or thank the Nike Kobe line for giving us what Nike cross trainer division couldn't.

To this day, you could almost say kobe's now= tinkers envisioned cross trainers of this era.

The whole upper of the Kobe IV has literally the same setup as the air trainer 1, just more high tech. Throw on a forefoot strap on the KOBE line, and we would basically have what should be the true performance signature cross trainers by Nike.

i just may buy my first kobe with this all finally being realized, especially with knowing what the next year has in store for us.

^It's funny you mention that. Being a trainer and Kobe fan I can't help compare the two. Since the IV, the Kobe is more of a training shoe than a traditional basketball shoe....which I love. You could go as far as the cushioning as the ZTT and Kobe V/VI have the same Zoom placement.

Originally Posted by johngotty

Yeah, I ain't feeling those much at all. 

serious understatement. I got back from having a few drinks and wondered if I had 20 drinks and was just seeing things.  Positively horrendous.  Making me very glad I stockpiled 1.2s and trainer 1s.

As I told Wally this yesterday, but W.T.F?
Nike making their supposedly top-tier trainer line shoes look like 3rd-tier ones.  Are they just gonna rely on getting top athletes to endorse the shoes?  This is ridiculous.

There was so much potential in the 1.2's too...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SteelerBill

Random thought....just received my Livestrong Trainer's and for some reason they feel bulkier and even heavier than my other pair of 1.2's....am I imagining this?
Dunno. Mine don't feel particularly heavier, maybe slightly. I don't think the leather joints are nearly as light as the nubuck types, at least in my mind that's how the difference feels. 

this just may confuse some people...

A sz13 nylon canvas like material forefoot and ankle padding pair (white grey volt) weighs about 15.25 ounces.
A sz12 chlorophyll synthetic leather forefoot pair weighs just 15 ounces. Almost no difference. But one is a different size.

Comparing other shoes weights (2000 at1 sz 12 vs sz 13), the difference is almost an entire ounce.

You could then infer that a sz12 volt pair could weigh around 14.25 ounces, .75 ounces less than a comparable counterpart... So maybe materials are a difference.

Just so you know, a empty soda can weighs around .75 ounces.. So we aren't talking numbers that are really distinguishable

Back
Top Bottom