NIKE AIR TRAINER 1.2 MID....Fall '10 PICS****

Bigger pics.
nike-trainer-1.2-july-2010-2.jpg

nike-trainer-1.2-july-2010-3.jpg
nike-trainer-1.2-july-2010-1.jpg
nike-trainer-1.2-july-2010-4.jpg
nike-trainer-1.2-july-2010-5.jpg

Why no Zoom Why?!?!

but really though I will get these. My tennis trainers are almost done after a good long run.

Hope these show up on ID.

I'm really looking forward to these. Much better than the Trainer 1s in my opinion. Hopefully these do not run small like those did.

I wonder what the Many colorway will look like. I'm assuming he will get a version of these too.

Enh, I'm not sold on the design just yet. I wanna see some different color combos.

the TR1 from last year is officially dead. It looks like the 1.2 will be the next step.

Some Holiday 2010 colorways:
adf351b549766c90c370c58fb510a823bac6ca5.jpg

The Fall lineup from page 1:
48525324fc6b0c05c67b95e4b96c0d05f8c2f49.jpg

In four months time, there will be 9 colorways out not including any of the limited edition PEs we may see. This overabundance is causing really cheap prices on selected colorways.

hmmm. I think these are the same ones as the GRs that are in the catalog photos and featured above with the green outrigger parts.. The style codes seem to match up. But all these websites seem to indicate these are only going to select Nike stores. I would not buy early, or spend more.. wait it out until July when its everywhere

Not saying I would get some, but these are cool. Nike's done justice to the trainer line the past two years.

Well besides the retros :smh

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

In four months time, there will be 9 colorways out not including any of the limited edition PEs we may see. This overabundance is causing really cheap prices on selected colorways.

But won't that make them an 'easy cop'? You were complaining about this problem not too long ago..

Originally Posted by elunomaestro

But won't that make them an 'easy cop'? You were complaining about this problem not too long ago..
Well I believe it's all about balance. Nike is more about extremes. It's great for consumers in the short term as we all pick up models for cheap and Anytown USA has the ability to stock these. But soon, Nike will say, "we tried and the market just couldn't support the products" or whatever excuses they want. Then there will be a 5-10 year void on training products. (They have a great history of backing/supporting certain models and letting them STRIVE, as others are left to fend for themselves. If they want something to succeed, it will happen. Is this happening here?)

If they had just kept it simple to 1-3 colorways and let people's minds and eyes create that "iconic" colorway, everything would be fine. Here it's like, "Ya'll asked for it, here's your 35 different colorway trainers. get them while you can. We've appeased your genre. Now leave us alone for the next decade." They've basically pushed a 15 year void in releases into just a 18 month span. It

I guess choice and variety is good but I can see how this over saturation will kill off trainers for another half-full decade. It doesn't have to be this way.
------------------------
On another note, this Chicago based blog has some nice NIKE 2010 TRAINING MEDIA SUMMIT info including videos:
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chi...raining-shoes---listening-to-the-athlete.html
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago-fit-club/2010/05/hey-chicago-yesterday-i-reviewed.html

He makes a great point about today's trainers being different for the various athletes out there. I'm still of the mold that trainers= cross trainers built for the GYM. But none of them are built for that true gym use. Free based shoes are great at strengthening muscles and all of these do just that.

Just as it was hard for me to grasp this new concept of  nike "training", once you do, you can appreciate what these shoes can do for you in an off season "training" sort of way.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Originally Posted by elunomaestro

Well I believe it's all about balance. Nike is more about extremes. It's great for consumers in the short term as we all pick up models for cheap and Anytown USA has the ability to stock these. But soon, Nike will say, "we tried and the market just couldn't support the products" or whatever excuses they want. Then there will be a 5-10 year void on training products. (They have a great history of backing/supporting certain models and letting them STRIVE, as others are left to fend for themselves. If they want something to succeed, it will happen. Is this happening here?)

If they had just kept it simple to 1-3 colorways and let people's minds and eyes create that "iconic" colorway, everything would be fine. Here it's like, "Ya'll asked for it, here's your 35 different colorway trainers. get them while you can. We've appeased your genre. Now leave us alone for the next decade." They've basically pushed a 15 year void in releases into just a 18 month span. It

I guess choice and variety is good but I can see how this over saturation will kill off trainers for another half-full decade. It doesn't have to be this way.
------------------------
On another note, this Chicago based blog has some nice NIKE 2010 TRAINING MEDIA SUMMIT info including videos:
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chi...raining-shoes---listening-to-the-athlete.html
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago-fit-club/2010/05/hey-chicago-yesterday-i-reviewed.html

He makes a great point about today's trainers being different for the various athletes out there. I'm still of the mold that trainers= cross trainers built for the GYM. But none of them are built for that true gym use. Free based shoes are great at strengthening muscles and all of these do just that.

Just as it was hard for me to grasp this new concept of  nike "training", once you do, you can appreciate what these shoes can do for you in an off season "training" sort of way.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Interesting perspective that I didn't even consider. Yeah you're right. They're going to be like, yeah, well we tried. Let's go back to basketball and running.

^^Take it from a cat who use to work retail ... the kids want new kicks real fast these days ... 1-3 colorways in a half year/ year period ... if that was the case AF1's would be just like they were when I was a kids ... White/navy, White/red,White/black, White/silver .... just my 2 cents ... I like the multiple color ways

Back
Top Bottom