NIKE AIR TRAINER 1.2 MID....Fall '10 PICS****

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Fresh/GZA/DMX....how do these fit? I'm snaggin' my first pair soon.

Ron,

As far as I can tell, these are very similar from a sizing perspective to the Trainer 1s from last year.  I will know for sure by weeks end once 1.2s arrive, but I would probably go 1/2 size up.  Will advise further once I try them on.  All that being said, my exp. with the 1s is that the toe box area is somewhat cramped and that the midfoot is fairly narrow as well.  If you don't mind the "cramped in" feeling, then maybe go with your true size. Depends really on where your foot is big and small. 

Originally Posted by 9thWonder23kid

^^^ sounds like going 1/2 sz up is the way to go. They fit like the Trainer 1 from last year

Gracias...

Bryscooplaygrifhold wrote:
FLINTGREY wrote:
Fresh/GZA/DMX....how do these fit? I'm snaggin' my first pair soon.

Ron,

As far as I can tell, these are very similar from a sizing perspective to the Trainer 1s from last year.  I will know for sure by weeks end once 1.2s arrive, but I would probably go 1/2 size up.  Will advise further once I try them on.  All that being said, my exp. with the 1s is that the toe box area is somewhat cramped and that the midfoot is fairly narrow as well.  If you don't mind the "cramped in" feeling, then maybe go with your true size. Depends really on where your foot is big and small.  

Thanks Rich.  Yeah, those Chloros are screaming "buy me!"  
tongue.gif

Does anyone know the weight on these shoes? Without forefoot air, an upper that looks to be as thin as paper, and synthetic materials, are we on the threshold of a 10 oz shoe?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Does anyone know the weight on these shoes? Without forefoot air, an upper that looks to be as thin as paper, and synthetic materials, are we on the threshold of a 10 oz shoe?
I'm going metric.
Trainer 1.2

US10.5 = 346g ~ 12.2oz

for comparison...

Zoom Tennis Trainer

US10.5 = 397g

skillzboy44 wrote:
ok so i've been deciding on those chlorophylls or the nolan's.. or cop em' both.. 

Get the Ryan's now as the stock might be limited.  The chloros are prob a GR, and as such, you can prob wait for them to hit the outlets or F&F.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I'm going metric.
Trainer 1.2

US10.5 = 346g ~ 12.2oz

for comparison...

Zoom Tennis Trainer

US10.5 = 397g

skillzboy44 wrote:
ok so i've been deciding on those chlorophylls or the nolan's.. or cop em' both.. 
Thanks I knew you would throw in a comparison shoe
pimp.gif

I'll stick back to oz.s for this next comparison.

Basically the new trainer 1.2 is 1.8 oz.s lighter than the tennis trainer.

If we follow that same thinking, a sz. 13 old TR1 weighs 14.25 oz. with a sz. 13 tennis trainer weighing 16 oz...

The same 1.8 oz. difference.

What this means:
-Flywire provides no more of a significant lightener than synthetic suedes or leathers.
-Last years TR1 weighs about the same as this years model, even with a flimsier upper on the newer model..

Nike lies again.

I've already proven that a 2009 at1 chloro with all of the synthetic materials is the same weight as a 2000 real material at1, yet Nike's designers make the claims that today's synthetic materials are lighter, stronger, and better than past stuff. I don't get it. I think the key word is that today's materials are also cheaper. But I digress

I agree Wally.. rocked my nolan ryans today.  Got a few compliments.  Wore the bos yesterday and had a lot of people comment on them.  Must be that bright blue!  Can't wait for some more players...

those chloros do look nice, but with that crappy synthetic stuff at the toe and collar I'm gonna have to pass. I donated my TR1s from last year to the Salvation Army cuz they just didn't feel right.

Not feelin the 1.2 at all and I loved the TR 1's last year. I'd rather stock up on the Free Run + .... great shoe.

Originally Posted by Vinsanity

HEY EASTBAY REP WHAT HAPPEN WITH THE SCHMIDT COLORWAY???.....ARE THEY GOIN 2B PUT UP OR ARE THEY GONE ALREADY????....I WANTED TO ADD THEM TO MY ORDER IF I CALL AND GIVE THEM THE PRODUCT NUMBER WILL IT BE IN THE SYSTEM FOR ME TO ORDER OVER THE PHONE.......THANKS
The Schmidt (07766614 - Team Red/White/University Blue) colorway is up on our website now.

EastbayRep - Ray

I was in Vegas over the weekend and was hoping to find a pair of Griffey's in the Champ's there since my local stores didn't get them. No luck in store but a real helpful sales associated had me take my shoe off (I was wearing mine that day), looked up the info and found a pair in Cali. Paid on Saturday and kicks made to me in TN today. Super happy right now.

Also, after wearing both the Trainer 1's and 1.2's over the weekend and doing a lot of walking, Trainer 1's from last year trump the 1.2's in comfort.

Originally Posted by johngotty

I was in Vegas over the weekend and was hoping to find a pair of Griffey's in the Champ's there since my local stores didn't get them. No luck in store but a real helpful sales associated had me take my shoe off (I was wearing mine that day), looked up the info and found a pair in Cali. Paid on Saturday and kicks made to me in TN today. Super happy right now.

Also, after wearing both the Trainer 1's and 1.2's over the weekend and doing a lot of walking, Trainer 1's from last year trump the 1.2's in comfort.
Get the hell outta here!  Now thats service!  How come I've never ran into sales like that... ever?
I, too, wore my 1.2's over the weekend and while they're comfy, I found the SC2010's and TR1's more comfortable.  Still, I'm happy with em nonetheless.

I have not worn my 1.2's but just from trying them on they feel bulkier and certainly stiffer than last years trainer 1s.  They also seem even narrower and shorter than last years shoe.  I wear an 11.5 in both, and feel like a 12 would not be unreasonable in the 1.2s due to how short and narrow they feel.  Maybe its just me and my dumb foot.  Waiting patiently on the Tebows.  Hoping they will be way overlooked with all the Kobe hype on Friday.

Could it be the ultra soft and thick insole that the TR1s had? I almost felt like that was the illusion that was created with that model. Do the 1.2s have that same type of insole? flip flop foam wears down. it's whats underneath that that should be the main focus. maybe the 12.s went back to that route?

Wally - Not sure.

1.2's are sturdy while the 1's seem to be softer, more cushiony for sure. Trainer 1.2's remind me of older Trainer models while 1's feel very padded. I guess it depends on which you prefer.

i been hittin refresh on ndc since 10pm till now 1:46 and havent seen them yet either!!!!

i been hittin refresh on ndc since 10pm till now 1:46 and havent seen them yet either!!!!

Back
Top Bottom