Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

827D4788-90EC-47B4-BAF3-ACA988D68688.jpeg

Still waiting for these

The Trail 2s have nothing in common with the Pegasus. It's almost like they took the wide, all-react Infinity midsole and slapped the Wildhorse 6 inspired upper and short length lugs on it. It's an oddball really. Past running a lot of gravel roads, I can't find a use for them. Even then, I might reconsider since they run hot and there are road shoes from other brands that would be better choices IMO. They aren't good on singletrack or technical terrain. They look cool though.

If you had to have a trail shoe with a swoosh on it, I would go with the WH6 every time. It's a lot of fun, comfortable, and does well on singletrack and manicured trails.

PXL_20200921_160321091.jpg

The Trail 2s have nothing in common with the Pegasus. It's almost like they took the wide, all-react Infinity midsole and slapped the Wildhorse 6 inspired upper and short length lugs on it. It's an oddball really. Past running a lot of gravel roads, I can't find a use for them. Even then, I might reconsider since they run hot and there are road shoes from other brands that would be better choices IMO. They aren't good on singletrack or technical terrain. They look cool though.

If you had to have a trail shoe with a swoosh on it, I would go with the WH6 every time. It's a lot of fun, comfortable, and does well on singletrack and manicured trails.

I’d agree - the 2s seem overbuilt. I happened to get a pair of Trail 36s on the cheap before I knew I was moving to a place where my daily runs would be on gravel and dirt roads. I’m sure a regular Peg could do the job, but these are like my favorite road Pegs (33/34) with bigger lugs and better fit. I also swap in the WH4s every so often, but the Trail 36s are right at home. Love the zoom, and I’m still wary about the react, especially when I’ve read that temperature really makes a difference and my winter is going to be in the teens. Now I’m just thinking of getting the Goretex version of them from the outlet to be ready for a bit of snow.

Zoom Structure available on NDC for members now

1600712889837.png

FAST TRAINING FOR THE COMMITTED RUNNER.

A favorite returns. Made for the runner looking for a shoe they can wear daily, the Nike Air Zoom Structure 23 keeps you cushioned with a plush, ventilated design. It's been built with a purpose—to give you a fast, secure and trusted training partner for your miles.

Breathable Support

Perforations at the forefoot and midfoot add ventilated support to the upper. A woven heel delivers a secure fit to help keep your foot in place.

Cushioned Responsiveness

A Zoom Air unit in the forefoot offers responsive cushioning. Every step helps create energy return to help drive you forward. It combines with a foam midsole for a plush feeling as your foot hits the ground.

Runner-Informed Transition

Data from hundreds of runners helped inform the crash pad placement at the heel. It helps provide extra cushioning for heel-to-toe transitions.

More Benefits

• A plush tongue and collar deliver comfort for your foot.

Product Details

• Synthetic and textile materials in upper
  • Offset: 8mm (Forefoot: 14mm/Heel: 22mm)
  • Not intended for use as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
  • Shown: Black/Anthracite/White
  • Style: CZ6720-001

Zoom Structure available on NDC for members now

1600712889837.png

FAST TRAINING FOR THE COMMITTED RUNNER.

A favorite returns. Made for the runner looking for a shoe they can wear daily, the Nike Air Zoom Structure 23 keeps you cushioned with a plush, ventilated design. It's been built with a purpose—to give you a fast, secure and trusted training partner for your miles.

Breathable Support

Perforations at the forefoot and midfoot add ventilated support to the upper. A woven heel delivers a secure fit to help keep your foot in place.

Cushioned Responsiveness

A Zoom Air unit in the forefoot offers responsive cushioning. Every step helps create energy return to help drive you forward. It combines with a foam midsole for a plush feeling as your foot hits the ground.

Runner-Informed Transition

Data from hundreds of runners helped inform the crash pad placement at the heel. It helps provide extra cushioning for heel-to-toe transitions.

More Benefits

• A plush tongue and collar deliver comfort for your foot.

Product Details

• Synthetic and textile materials in upper
  • Offset: 8mm (Forefoot: 14mm/Heel: 22mm)
  • Not intended for use as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
  • Shown: Black/Anthracite/White
  • Style: CZ6720-001
I’m going to grab these on Thursday when the Tempo Next release. I have a 10% off code that works for these and I hope it works for the Tempo as well.

Good to know it has a "foam midsole"...
I agree there should be a little more description, particularly in 2020 when materials are more relevant. I saw a review somewhere on FB which indicated these were soft and felt similar to the Vomero 13. Can’t wait to try them.

I agree there should be a little more description, particularly in 2020 when materials are more relevant. I saw a review somewhere on FB which indicated these were soft and felt similar to the Vomero 13. Can’t wait to try them.
It's even more strange that the vagueness is coming from Nike. I assume it's Cushlon or Lunarlon, if only because those older foams seem to go unnamed in recent lower price-point models. Fingers crossed that it's on the softer side!

its typical nike actually, if it isnt their new tech like react or zoomx, you'd have to guess on what rubber it is

even with the renew line, from what i understand its just repurposed lunarlon but id be damned if nike ever mentions that in their campaign

Wow in the review the dude says the structure 23 are softer than the Peg 37, miler and vomero 14. Might have to cop if a interesting cw appears

i definitely think there's a place for the peg trail 2. it's a great trail/road hybrid with an unheralded amount of cushioning for a nike trail shoe - this is something that cannot be understated. i live in socal, where a lot of the trails - both single track, double track, and fire road - are buffed out and fast. the peg trail 2 excels on this type of terrain, as well as for anyone who cranks out high miles. long runs are a dream with this shoe - i'd imagine this would be a serious one to consider for a 50K or longer trail race.

is it great on technical terrain? no. also, i'm not a huge fan of the too tall stack height. i'm sure people who have worn hokas would be fine with it, but for someone who's owned every wildhorse and kiger from 1-6, in general i prefer my shoes to have a bit more proprioception. it's a tradeoff for sure, but i think many would make that trade.

that being said, i'm with you - the WH6 is my fave of the bunch and my go to for trails. there's nothing it can't conquer - the only thing is my outsole is starting to wear down after 450+ miles.

Last edited:
i definitely think there's a place for the peg trail 2. it's a great trail/road hybrid with an unheralded amount of cushioning for a nike trail shoe - this is something that cannot be understated. i live in socal, where a lot of the trails - both single track, double track, and fire road - are buffed out and fast. the peg trail 2 excels on this type of terrain, as well as for anyone who cranks out high miles. long runs are a dream with this shoe - i'd imagine this would be a serious one to consider for a 50K or longer trail race.

is it great on technical terrain? no. also, i'm not a huge fan of the too tall stack height. i'm sure people who have worn hokas would be fine with it, but for someone who's owned every wildhorse and kiger from 1-6, in general i prefer my shoes to have a bit more proprioception. it's a tradeoff for sure, but i think many would make that trade.

that being said, i'm with you - the WH6 is my fave of the bunch and my go to for trails. there's nothing it can't conquer - the only thing is my outsole is starting to wear down after 450+ miles.

I gotta say my experience is way different to the two of you. And I’m writing this in case there are others like me who either own or are considering these two shoes: I don’t run trails, I mostly run on the road and sometimes on the sand. I got both WH6 and PT2 for sand running.

I’ve done about 50 miles in each now, always 5 miles on sand, 5 miles back on the road.

The Pegasus Trails 2 are an absolute joy, especially when you get back on the road. The sensation of the bounce of that React foam after you’ve been (literally) pounding the sand, is simply exhilarating. So much so that I’ve been considering getting another pair just for road running (as crazy as that may sound to you).

As for the WH6, once you get back on the road it’s as if my feet have been beat up. They get sore on the sand, there’s a lot of slippage in the toe box and I have to bend my toes sometimes to avoid the abrasion. I am sad to say that I wish I hadn’t gotten and am reserving them for walking. Absolutely beautiful shoe though. I would rock them for fashion alone.

These have launched in Japan so fingers crossed they'll make their way elsewhere soon.

79b3e753-da56-4f2e-ae57-966609468329.jpg

I really want this color way. I may be forced to order these from Nike Japan if I don't get an official US release... I can't hold out any longer...

Tempted to order a NBY just for the soles for this idea...

Jordan 89 Racer X Pegasus 37
Jordan 89 Racer X Pegasus 37 - Black Red Cement.jpg

From the IG pics, the Cool Grey topline seems to look a lot lighter than the rendering...

When are those yellow gtx releasing? Really want to get a pair to replace my wild horse 3 gtx

Back
Top Bottom