Nike Air Max Hyperposite, New $225 Foamposite Shoe in 2012

i like them but i dont like the price, 200 is too steep for me
yea 220 + tax is too much.. i think sneakers in general are overpriced i think there needs to be some checks and balances to keep nike from driving up prices, eventually sneakers are gonna be 2 - 300 a pair for every pair.

Amar'e rocking Fireberry at Nike Shanghai Festival of Sport 2012 (really glad to meet him in person)

Kinda hoping they make a Royal Blue/Black Hyperposite tribute to Penny 1's or something....

anyone actually play ball in these yet?
nerd.gif
YEs sir....

like I was telling andfat I believe earlier... Im 6'3 205 lbs and play more of a slashing point forward style and these are more than comfy.. they breath and you actually KNOW they are on your feet without feeling like they are heavy.

You know.. what a sneaker USE to be before lets go light crap.  This was an excellent use of Hyperfuse mesh.

What I really dont get is... this is a true performance sneaker and people pay the same amount if not more for the non performance Foam or Foam Pro without blinking.  ITs not like these will last you a few months after harsh wear... they are foams.. They are going to last a LONG minute.

I do admit they are the Foams some of us grew up on being softer but here it works... save for scuffs... as Foams never use to scuff.  I wont be a hypocrite and say its nothing for the price because I didnt pay for mine.. but speaking relatively to the ones who LOVE Foams and pay that high price you've always paid.. these are actually worth it.

The only way these would be better is using the Bron X tooling on the Hyperposites.

YEs sir....

like I was telling andfat I believe earlier... Im 6'3 205 lbs and play more of a slashing point forward style and these are more than comfy.. they breath and you actually KNOW they are on your feet without feeling like they are heavy.

You know.. what a sneaker USE to be before lets go light crap.  This was an excellent use of Hyperfuse mesh.

What I really dont get is... this is a true performance sneaker and people pay the same amount if not more for the non performance Foam or Foam Pro without blinking.  ITs not like these will last you a few months after harsh wear... they are foams.. They are going to last a LONG minute.

I do admit they are the Foams some of us grew up on being softer but here it works... save for scuffs... as Foams never use to scuff.  I wont be a hypocrite and say its nothing for the price because I didnt pay for mine.. but speaking relatively to the ones who LOVE Foams and pay that high price you've always paid.. these are actually worth it.

The only way these would be better is using the Bron X tooling on the Hyperposites.

ooo wasup rocky, did not recognize you with the new username. :pimp: long time no see man....anyway good to know about the hyperposites, sounds like nike finally got back to its roots and released a quality bball shoe.

does anybody know if the charcoal is more greyish or blueish on these? The early pics looked more blue and the more recent ones look grey.

09/08/12 Air Max Hyperposite Charcoal/Atomic Green-Black $225 524862-003

My Fireberry Hyperposites came in the mail today. Nike did the damn thing with these shoes. If you are sleeping on these wake up right now. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. The foam gives my feet a snug and reinforced feel like these kicks were tailor made for me. My feet been comfy all day in them. Its like walking on clouds. Necks were broken and sodium levels were elevated. The Nike Air Max Hyperposite is an instant classic like the Foamposite One was in 97. My Black/Crimson pair comes in tommorow from Eastbay. I cant wait!

My Fireberry Hyperposites came in the mail today. Nike did the damn thing with these shoes. If you are sleeping on these wake up right now. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. The foam gives my feet a snug and reinforced feel like these kicks were tailor made for me. My feet been comfy all day in them. Its like walking on clouds. Necks were broken and sodium levels were elevated. The Nike Air Max Hyperposite is an instant classic like the Foamposite One was in 97. My Black/Crimson pair comes in tommorow from Eastbay. I cant wait!

"......and sodium levels were elevated." :rofl: :rofl:

Nice pic doh

Went to try on the Crimson in preperation for the Fireberry and that Grey/Volt colorway, I was sadly disappointed. They fit pretty bad! I went TTS with my size 13 and they were tight and uncomfortable. Did everybody else go true to size?

Any advice for a better fit, they dont have a 13.5 and 14 is too lose and gonna be damn near impossible to find ya know...

Went to try on the Crimson in preperation for the Fireberry and that Grey/Volt colorway, I was sadly disappointed. They fit pretty bad! I went TTS with my size 13 and they were tight and uncomfortable. Did everybody else go true to size?

Any advice for a better fit, they dont have a 13.5 and 14 is too lose and gonna be damn near impossible to find ya know...

This is just a guess, but I'd imagine you could do 2 things with a size 13

- Find some fairly thin athletic socks. There's some out there that are almost as thin as dress socks, so that would help

- Make sure the laces are all the way loose and walk around in them for a minute. If they still feel painfully tight they're just not gonna work but if thinner socks and a looser lace helps them feel tight but not crushing-your-foot tight, they'll probably break in. Most foams, Lebrons, and a few other Nike Bball shoes with a really snug fit are meant to take the shape of your foot once you wear them around a little.

- Find some fairly thin athletic socks. There's some out there that are almost as thin as dress socks, so that would help
- Make sure the laces are all the way loose and walk around in them for a minute. If they still feel painfully tight they're just not gonna work but if thinner socks and a looser lace helps them feel tight but not crushing-your-foot tight, they'll probably break in. Most foams, Lebrons, and a few other Nike Bball shoes with a really snug fit are meant to take the shape of your foot once you wear them around a little.

Yeah I was wearing normal Nike Dri-Fit tube socks, they are thin as can be like dress socks as you mentioned. I can see my skin tone through portions of the socks. I loosened the laces all the way up yet they were just kinds uncomfortanly tight. I have several pairs of foams and I still havent experienced that break in feel or mold to your foot feel yet, I guess I dont wear them enough in my rotation. :D

I dont know, I'm gonna have to figure something out quick cuz I know for a fact there is going to be atleast one colorway of this Un-Lebron X :rofl: that I;m going to wanna add to my collection.

Thanks for the advice tho, its appreciated. You go TTS?

cant wait for the dark blues and the SOLs

i think these will look good with pants or shorts.

cut is similar to the lebron 8s NICE!

Looking for some more feedback from an on court performance perspective. Appreciate any further input.

Really keen to drop the money on these, but as I'm in Sydney Australia, I'm just unsure about the 17.:nerd:z weight and overall performance etc. They're of course quite pricey so need to be 99% certain.

Current kicks - Hyperenforcers, Hyperdunk 2011's, KD IV's (didn't like them IMO). Never owned any basketball kicks over 14oz and I'm 5"9 - 145lb.

Miguel

Yeah I was wearing normal Nike Dri-Fit tube socks, they are thin as can be like dress socks as you mentioned. I can see my skin tone through portions of the socks. I loosened the laces all the way up yet they were just kinds uncomfortanly tight. I have several pairs of foams and I still havent experienced that break in feel or mold to your foot feel yet, I guess I dont wear them enough in my rotation.
happy.gif

I dont know, I'm gonna have to figure something out quick cuz I know for a fact there is going to be atleast one colorway of this Un-Lebron X
roll.gif
that I;m going to wanna add to my collection.

Thanks for the advice tho, its appreciated. You go TTS?
Peru, they're more narrow than any foam-related shoe to date. I went TTS with the Crimsons. Took a few wears to break in, but I tried half size up and I had about a half inch more space I didn't need in the toebox, so I opted for TTS... They kinda break in, but its not unbearably uncomfortable.

Peru, they're more narrow than any foam-related shoe to date. I went TTS with the Crimsons. Took a few wears to break in, but I tried half size up and I had about a half inch more space I didn't need in the toebox, so I opted for TTS... They kinda break in, but its not unbearably uncomfortable.

Ok cool, I'll just have to go TTS and hope they do fit a little better once I wear them a bit. Thanks for the input.

again, these are FOAMS which means 9/10x u will need to go .5 up on sizing to get the fit and comfort u want. no different than foam 1/pro, duncans, foamdomes, zoom rookies and bakin posite boots. foam doesn't stretch like leather so u have to take that into account. unlike leather shoes, if foams are even .5 too small they are completely unwearable, meaning unbearable! flightposites are the only real exception that i know of, which fit TTS. :wink:

rock, what u mean "tooling?"

@zero23, these are nowhere near as narrow as zoom rookies!

Last edited:
again, these are FOAMS which means 9/10x u will need to go .5 up on sizing to get the fit and comfort u want. no different than foam 1/pro, duncans, foamdomes, zoom rookies and bakin posite boots. flightposites are the only real exception that i know of, which fit TTS.
wink.gif

I can go TTS in everything including the Zoom Rookies, but for some reason these pinch at the base of my pinky toe. I dunno, it's weird sizing but I'm OK with every other foam shoe. 

again, these are FOAMS which means 9/10x u will need to go .5 up on sizing to get the fit and comfort u want. no different than foam 1/pro, duncans, foamdomes, zoom rookies and bakin posite boots. foam doesn't stretch like leather so u have to take that into account. unlike leather shoes, if foams are even .5 too small they are completely unwearable, meaning unbearable! flightposites are the only real exception that i know of, which fit TTS. :wink:

^ THIS as Ive said before go a half size up like lebron 9s if you intend playin ball in these.

Ive been ballin in them couple of weeks now and they hold up well, if your coming from a KD iv/Hyperdunk/Hyperfuse/Kobe shoe these are gonna feel like bricks on your feet,(I have baled in these other shoes myself) they are set high off the ground with the 360 air so court feel wont be anything like these zoom air shoes. They are also quite warm on foot when ballin - compared to the LBJ 9 elite they have less breath ability for sure.

On the upside the grip is very good on these as is the support (better than elite 9s) the foam material gives a protective feel for when your feet get stood on & for toe kicks etc better than the pro combat stuff inside the 9s.

I briefly played in the air max hyperdunk 2011s earlier this yr (CB PE) and I would say these are quite closely matched. Its not the best ballin shoe for court feel and weight but it does preform well on support, comfort and durability (my crimsons still look DS)

I think hes talking about the type of cushioning.

Back
Top Bottom