Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Foot Locker says it's still got 7.5 In Store.

But none are local...any way to find out if that store can ship to me?

DammnDee a fool. He talked so much trash about the Metallic Vs but was hyping up the Gold Coin Vs and I just don't get bruh, The gold coins are cool and all and I understand that everyone has their own opinion but dude just trashed the BM5s just because they had the NA on the back.

DammnDee a fool. He talked so much trash about the Metallic Vs but was hyping up the Gold Coin Vs and I just don't get bruh, The gold coins are cool and all and I understand that everyone has their own opinion but dude just trashed the BM5s just because they had the NA on the back.
for being 220 and nothing special

damndee really annoyed me with that video. Metallic 5s nothing special? come on man. Yet picks up the cold coin as if they are better. the price difference is 30 bucks. Jeez, and he exagerattes them sitting. Im from NJ and they arent sitting. If anything size 11 or 13 or 8 or 8.5 that are left. But not sitting as in gna be here for a while

Wear your shoes guys! I put these on for a couple of hours after not rocking them for a while and it's just a matter of time before they crumble. Now retired. R.I.P.
I've rocked the Metallics several times now and just love them. They look so damn good especially while they're still icy. Just enjoy your shoes and have no regrets.

View media item 2138740
in that pic it looks like the paint is just chipping, did the midsole actually have a crack in it?

in that pic it looks like the paint is just chipping, did the midsole actually have a crack in it?

Look closely at the midsole area. All of the yellowish stuff you see that looks like paint cracking is actually the PU starting to disintegrate. In person it looks almost like some yellowish bread crumbs. Google some pictures of either OG or '99/'00 4s and 5s to see the yellowish crumbs I'm talking about on pairs that have completely crumbled. The upper is ok but the PU on my pair will crumble on me if I keep rocking them. I'll take another picture zoomed in to the midsole so it can be better seen. I wanted to get as much of the shoe in the shot.

Here is a picture showing the yellowish crumbs/dust when a pair fully crumbles. All of that stuff that looks like pain chipping is actually the stuff that can be seen in this done pair of fire reds. What you see on my pair is how it starts. If I keep wearing it the midsole will get worse and worse until I'm left with something like this in street soon.

View media item 2141284

I wore my black tongue fire reds from '06 on Friday and they were still ok, but the caros aren't. I did wear the fire reds less, but both were stored the same and had been worn every couple of years.

I want to tripple up, but don't want midsole to crumble! How long should I keep them DS before wearing them!

I want to tripple up, but don't want midsole to crumble! How long should I keep them DS before wearing them!

I still wear my '06 Grapes and '07 Metallics, it really all depends. My OG 16's (2001) didn't crumble, but the soles just separated fully last weekend. Always keep a back-up pair of something or some flip flops in the trunk when I'm rocking teenage kicks though!

Last edited:

Like cdynasty24 said it depends. Depends on storage, climate and other things. 4 yrs is totally safe. Probably even 5. With most of these shoes prone to this happening I've heard it's always good to wear them a few times and then store them. Give them some air, one in a while and make sure the air unit isn't foggy. If the air unit is foggy use a low heat blow dryer to clear the fog before wearing.

Some Jordans are more prone to sole separation which can be solved with a strong glue like E-6000. This has happened to my flint XIIIs from '05 and the early dub zeros from '06-'07.

Maybe someone who has better methods of storing shoes can give their opinion. I know some store them without the box in plastic bins among other things. Some think the tissue paper if there is any can cause some damage as well. There's some good info out there but it may not be practical depending on how much room you have. At a minimum I keep every shoe in the box and never leave them anywhere else even if I'm wearing it a lot.

TTS like the 2013 Grape Vs, for me. The ankle collar has more padding so it may feel lighter in that area, but my foot feels snug, not cramped, but snug in my TTS 11

Back
Top Bottom