Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

dude on twitter said jordan made too many and it's ruining the exlusitivity of them.
mean.gif
He needs to find a very tall bridge, and, well, you know the rest.....

Saw em in person today. All the shoe stores in my mall has FSR which is great to see.

Passed

I just didnt have that feeling that I HAD to have them.

I guess after buying them two times already theres really not desire for them anymore

I couldnt give a **** about a Nike Air on the back

Damn I felt the same way I was anticipating them too even left out out to go get them but the excitement just wasn't there
I haven't got excited for a pair of mike in a while

This is what happens when hypebeasts and 'fashion' people hop on sneakers for the moment. They want things that are exclusive and different to give them status. It's not about the shoes for them. Same people that claim JB is done and adidas is taking over. What any brand is doing now will never change what Nike did in 1990. This sneaker will always be a classic for sneaker people no matter how often they release and how many pairs are made. The masses can feel free to keep it moving.

Anybody going to throw white laces In a double pair like mike did them vs the Bucks? For some reason I loved how they looked. Lol since I only grabbed 1 pair I won't be doing it.

People have been doing this since 1990. Not me though.

my two villa pairs shipped. hopefully no shipping problems. looks like villa dont have good shipping policies

220 each.

not exactly uk prices but hey im in cali no tax or shipping is a big win

I do see that some people are passing due to xyz. It never fails...since these are flooded and "sitting"...now some people are turned away from them. Price is never the factor, exclusivity is.

I agree people are not buying because it is not exclusive and not much hype but these are my favorite models and I bought two pairs. Dont care if they sit or even hit outlets. If they go on sale again on outlets. I would buy another. I think they did such a great job with these. Sad how people are passing on them. Great great shoe IMO

imstill curious on that mold rumore. was it true or was dude just blowing hot smoke out his ***?

If they only made 1 pair these wouldn't be exclusive. It's a mostly black sneaker. Hoards of people still have their 2007 and 2011 pairs in good shape.

Finally, some 2016 vs. 1990 comparison pics. I did the best I could considering I can't really take the OGs out of the box (cardboard coffin) anymore.

First, the boxes themselves (1990 on top). They're both hinged on the left side. Very similar except for the branding:

View media item 2111971

On to the shoes. Wider shot of 2016 vs. 1990. If you can't tell which one is which, you're beyond any help I could possibly provide:

View media item 2111974

Here is a side by side look at the Durabuck (2016 on top). In looks, it's pretty much identical. The difference is in how it feels. The OG is smoother, not quite the feeling of smooth full grain leather but close. The 2016 feels VERY slightly fuzzy. Both feel extremely durable.

View media item 2111978

Durabuck shot with some light:

View media item 2111981

Lateral (shark teeth) side by side comparison:

View media item 2111982

Medial (shark fin) side by side comparison:

View media item 2111986

Lateral with flash:

View media item 2111987

More side by side Durabuck (2016 to the right):

View media item 2111991

Now the tongue comparison (2016 on top). They're basically the same exact color. The major difference is in feel. The 1990s feel like Durabuck coated in whatever the reflective material is (I think Tinker actually did confirm it as 3M). The 2016s are harder and kind of synthetic (plastic-y) feeling. The material gives off an almost constant satin like sheen in pretty much any light conditions:

View media item 2111998

Annnd...the money shot, showing that the 2016 reflectiveness seems to slightly surpass the OGs (2016 on top):

View media item 2112000

That's all I got for now. I'll do a 2016 vs. 2000 comparison in a bit. I'm taking some stuff out of the shoe room that I'm getting rid of and I have to take shots of that too.

Back
Top Bottom