Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

True, but still seems like what we're getting is clearly much lighter....Not that any of us care to any extend that we won't cop, but just pointing out the facts.
Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 3.12.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 3.16.27 PM.png

Versus 2022:
Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 3.17.44 PM.png

Not a criticism per se; just an observation for the fun of the game ;-).

See, this is how JB messes people up. They used that awful black print and brainwash people.

Exactly. This is what happens when they make stupid changes for no reason. People legit forget how the shoe is supposed to look.

Same dopes who think low-cut patent on XIs is how it's supposed to be.

True, but still seems like what we're getting is clearly much lighter....Not that any of us care to any extend that we won't cop, but just pointing out the facts.
Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 3.12.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 3.16.27 PM.png

Versus 2022:
Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 3.17.44 PM.png

Not a criticism per se; just an observation for the fun of the game ;-).

Yup could be lighting and/or filters as well

It could be all that, but did any of us truly expect them to match the color exactly? At least this is better than the previous retros--not that that's saying much.

It’s funny how thick the lines on the second pair are, close to the cement print they use now.

My No. 1 complaint about retro IIIs going back more than 20 years now (along with some of the terrible shapes they've given us throughout those years). It's not going to stop me from buying a pair of these and enjoying the hell out of them, but it's such an obvious detail they could no doubt easily correct. It's triply annoying when these clowns use the correct style of elephant-print lines on some of the damn retro boxes. I mean, talk about a troll job. Gotta love when the box matches the OGs but the shoes somehow can't do the same. Total jokers working over there, man :lol:

99116C48-E536-4ECB-8026-E69C1655B4BC.jpeg
B8CD292A-F51B-4C18-B254-FDDFE7A3DE50.jpeg
42AE2453-311B-457B-B692-8589F68B6272.png

I see a huge difference in the 07/13 pairs vs a slight difference in the 2022. I really just don’t see a reason to complain about these. These are about as good as one could hope for and it should be obvious to anyone that they’re head and shoulders above every other FR3 retro.

AJ4s are still a mess and definitely need a lot of attention. These don’t.

Perhaps. Though I thought generally things fade/lighten over time...heh ;-).
Oxidation and age tends to make things darker over time in most cases. Regardless the 2022 is intended to look like the OG which it does. Also lighting plays a huge factor in those comparison pics up there too (2022 pic taken outside while the OG pic is clearly taken inside). I think people are just subconsciously thinking the EP should be darker because that’s what they’ve unfortunately been used to seeing on the FR3 all these years due to JBs botched retros.

Back
Top Bottom