NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

:rofl: This not ironic to you??? Man.

Anyway, every Jordan OG retro thread is like this. Literally goes the same way every single release. Much respect to those passing, stick to your guns. What I'll never understand is spending an upwards of $200 on a pair of sneakers that I think is "Butchered trash". Just makes you look hypocritical honestly.
The infrared 6 thread did not go like this. Nor did the playoff 11 thread. I wonder what those 2 had in common?

15 years of this lol. Im not saying the 2020 are perfect, but at least it ain't this.
Air-Jordan-4-Retro-Military-Blue-2006-Product.jpg

JB needs to re-retro the Military

its been awhile,,im sure most of the cats here hasn't worn their 2012 pair,,,sport them now before its separates and powder all over the place

The infrared 6 thread did not go like this. Nor did the playoff 11 thread. I wonder what those 2 had in common?

So there wasn't pages on pages on of people in the Infrared thread talkin about how their pair better have the contrast heels that haven't been seen since the 00 retro? Most people were satisfied, but there were still people in their going dumb hard, let's not rewrite history :lol:
In the Playoff 11 threads, there was mad people saying the red was still off. Yeah it's not as bad as threads for the 3s and 4s, but it's the same thing every OG thread. Go in the Neutral Grey 1s thread and see people having a heart attack over the toe boxes :lol:

I care about the quality aspects. That's exactly why I hopped on Ebay and got a solid pair. Everyone can do this if they really want to.

I'm probably just not as mad as some at JB because a lot of the stuff they've come out with lately has been good. I didn't have to go to Ebay to get my Infared or DMP 6s, my playoff 11s or FR 5s. These are some of the releases I've cared deeply about the most over the last couple years and they've been done well. There's no question these releases are miles ahead of what they had been doing. Many around here want to have it out on these 4s yet not give credit for the aforementioned releases. I think a lot of people on here are kind of done bothering to try and take them seriously. I think a lot of the issue is simply that you can't completely recreate the old days or go back to those times. I think that's where a lot of it comes from. I'm almost 40 years ago so the excitement just isn't the same as when all these kicks first dropped. It's fun but it will never under any circumstance feel exactly the same. I think a lot of people on here struggle with that. I know I do at times.

The Air Jordan 4 is butchered, period. Beyond the Egg McMuffin toe box, the collar height, wing placement, netting and leather quality all leave much to be desired. Garbage crafted with an evenness/slant is still garbage.

Fact of the matter is, an individual merely expressed his indifference to an aspect of the shoe, meanwhile those haranguing him, and others with sentiments similar to his, seem to ignore the fact that they're exhibiting indifference to other egregious issues with this specific release, and general-release 4s as a whole, by continually buying what this company refuses to correct despite being equipped with the knowhow and resources to come to much closer approximations of how the model once appeared and felt.

You cannot cherry-pick your outrage in the face of the outrageous.

So there wasn't pages on pages on of people in the Infrared thread talkin about how their pair better have the contrast heels that haven't been seen since the 00 retro? Most people were satisfied, but there were still people in their going dumb hard, let's not rewrite history :lol:
In the Playoff 11 threads, there was mad people saying the red was still off. Yeah it's not as bad as threads for the 3s and 4s, but it's the same thing every OG thread. Go in the Neutral Grey 1s thread and see people having a heart attack over the toe boxes :lol:
Yes, people were pointing those things out because some people care about details and this is a sneaker enthusiast site.

Nobody was talking about passing on playoff 11s because of the color red. The color WAS off but the shoe overall was so excellent that even the most nitpicky among us was able to completely overlook that. Pointing out a difference is different than complaining.

And yes, the neutral grey 1 toe box is HORRENDOUS based on pictures we’ve seen.

The Air Jordan 4 is butchered, period. Beyond the Egg McMuffin toe box, the collar height, wing placement, netting and leather quality all leave much to be desired. Garbage crafted with an evenness/slant is still garbage.

Fact of the matter is, an individual merely expressed his indifference to an aspect of the shoe, meanwhile those haranguing him, and others with sentiments similar to his, seem to ignore the fact that they're exhibiting indifference to other egregious issues with this specific release, and general-release 4s as a whole, by continually buying what this company refuses to correct despite being equipped with the knowhow and resources to come to much closer approximations of how the model once appeared and felt.

You cannot cherry-pick your outrage in the face of the outrageous.
I don't have any problem at all with people not liking these or thinking JB sucks. So be it if you feel that way. Talking down to people and being insulting toward them is not ok. It just isn't necessary. I'm sure each and every one of them uses ******* products in one regard or another. Trying to tell people what they should and should not like is asinine and childish. Telling people they aren't true 'sneakerheads' if they like these is middle school stuff.

Maybe I am not seeing post, but where did anyone tell someone what they should or should not like? Also, who said someone isn’t a ”true sneakerhead” (that term is cringe :lol:)?
It has been said that "your a mindless consumer" "your not old enough to know when MJ played in them" "you are the problem" " JB loves buyers like YOU" I mean, what the **** does that mean? :lol: . Those are examples of what is being said to members in here. Which ties back to the post Benny and myself have said. Why come at the member in any way just because they like them? Its all good to dislike a sneaker. We all have those times. I hate the new 9s, so I wont buy em till they fix em. Its THAT SIMPLE. But I sure wont look down on people or give insults to people that like em. Whats the point in that? Thats all this is.

It has been said that "your a mindless consumer" "your not old enough to know when MJ played in them" "you are the problem" " JB loves buyers like YOU" I mean, what the **** does that mean? :lol: . Those are examples of what is being said to members in here. Which ties back to the post Benny and myself have said. Why come at the member in any way just because they like them? Its all good to dislike a sneaker. We all have those times. I hate the new 9s, so I wont buy em till they fix em. Its THAT SIMPLE. But I sure wont look down on people or give insults to people that like em. Whats the point in that? Thats all this is.

Everything you just posted is misquoted and taken out of context, which happens way too often here. Nowhere in any of my post did I tell someone what they should or should not like, nor did I or anyone say “you’re not old enough to know when MJ played in them”. If you derived all of that from my post, then the insecurity shoe fits you like a glove.

The bottom line is these shoes (and the majority of recent retros) have been a huge leap forward from anything mid 2000s-2014.

I’m not sure if i’ll even cop on release day or just grab a pair off eBay, because there are some pairs where the toe is significantly better or worse lol.. The 2020 silver tongue 5s also had this issue. Huge differences in toe boxes.

Everything you just posted is misquoted and taken out of context, which happens way too often here. Nowhere in any of my post did I tell someone what they should or should not like, nor did I or anyone say “you’re not old enough to know when MJ played in them”. If you derived all of that from my post, then the insecurity shoe fits you like a glove.
OK, you can keep with that energy. But for a shoe you apparently do not like, you seem to want to stay with. If you want to back track all the quotes, be my guest. The insecurity angle is cute though. And I was not going off just your posts btw.

Can't wait for the day some fool comes up to me on the street while I'm wearing these to critique the toe box, netting, wing placement, insole depth, stitching thread material, distance between the I and K on the heel tab or whatever else nonsense has been ranted about AD NAUSEUM on this thread for months. Oh wait, that won't happen because they're just shoes for crissakes.

"I DEMAND AN IDENTICAL RE-CREATION OF A 30 YEAR OLD SHOE OR IT'S TRASH, DAMMIT!" - Half of this thread

OK, you can keep with that energy. But for a shoe you apparently do not like, you seem to want to stay with. If you want to back track all the quotes, be my guest. The insecurity angle is cute though. And I was not going off just your posts btw.

When I asked where the post were that said what members should like and dislike, I was genuinely curious. I didn’t expect you to take things I said out of context in an attempt to make your point. The funny thing about all of this is you and Benny feel a certain type of way when a handful of us in here express our disappointment with this shoe. We all wanted this release to be great and yet JB dropped the ball again. I am not interested in JB just releasing something that’s somewhat better than their previous ****** retros. I get that there are individuals who truly don’t care what JB release and will buy it. I’m not in that group and will voice it here. Again I’m not telling you or anyone in here what they should or should not like. What I am saying is don’t take things personal when my opinion doesn’t validate your purchase.

When I asked where the post were that said what members should like and dislike, I was genuinely curious. I didn’t expect you to take things I said out of context in an attempt to make your point. The funny thing about all of this is you and Benny feel a certain type of way when a handful of us in here express our disappointment with this shoe. We all wanted this release to be great and yet JB dropped the ball again. I am not interested in JB just releasing something that’s somewhat better than their previous ****ty retros. I get that there are individuals who truly don’t care what JB release and will buy it. I’m not in that group and will voice it here. Again I’m not telling you or anyone in here what they should or should not like. What I am saying is don’t take things personal when my opinion doesn’t validate your purchase.
And all I am saying is dont vilify a person that may not look at these the same way YOU do. I agree with all you say. I want great true retros also. But I just know what it is at this point. I want disappointment expressed. I just do not feel like its right to knock on people the like em as they are. THATS ALL IM SAYING.
Knock the shoe ALL DAY LONG if you want. But dont knock the PERSON that likes them.

Don’t think anyone is looking for you to validate anyone’s purchase. It’s the ones in the thread that pound their fist on the table and say your part of the problem if I purchase this shoe. That’s truly asinine to think that way. Am I disappointed they aren’t 1:1 or close to it? Absolutely. I’m also 34 yr old dad of three, and who knows where I’ll be or when the next release will be. I’m not going to waste time worrying about that. I’m looking forward to these.

518E4FEC-57DB-4D2A-8134-8AD579AFA5D6.jpeg F7316095-82E0-490B-9813-699A6522BFA0.jpeg 8A3C8B38-694E-4A32-9A56-EC2AA63F6F0E.jpeg 8DA008FB-36AC-4CF6-8F3F-E2321307AB34.jpeg AFF78CA7-A9F4-4003-8D60-597C706CECF3.jpeg C4C14A79-4FA2-4790-9661-C606D814EE6D.jpeg 0FDD40FD-A81D-4919-BAFE-C160953BB0EE.jpeg
Went through my camera roll and had pics from the previous release and all OG colorways from 2012 and in all honesty do these trump the 2020 release, 2016 white cements or 2019 bred 4? I honestly just want ppl to look at them and tell me if we are going in the right direction? I had to touch up the paint and iron my breds and fire reds several times. The suede on breds were really far from nubuck, it was more like felt that would crease really bad . The fire reds leather was really thin and creased like I wore them 10 times after 1 wear with force fields in. The heel tabs would also dig into your heel since they were pretty stiff. I sold them out of frustration. Please remember this is back in 2012, when resale was ridiculous and everything was selling out instantly. Just give them a look and tell me about the shape.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom