Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

20180711_172935.jpg
I need a way to whiten the netting and mesh on my left shoe :smh:

Holly crap; how were they stored that one shoe is so diff from the other?

*sigh* I did something bone headed. Used a bleach pen on it when I got a lil stain.

Saw something on YT where you can use an airbrush gun and paint it back white. Might go that route.

I’m hearing this little popping sound on the right shoe of one of my pairs everytime I’m walking. Sounds like it’s coming from the front of the shoe. Ish is annoying. Anyone else have or heard of this kind of issue?

It’s a known problem, the insole is squeaking, usually right under the ball of the foot.

If you just wear them it’ll stretch and break in over time and go away, If you want a “fix it now” solution you can pull out the insole and put baby powder (talcum) underneath.

I’m hearing this little popping sound on the right shoe of one of my pairs everytime I’m walking. Sounds like it’s coming from the front of the shoe. Ish is annoying. Anyone else have or heard of this kind of issue?

I've reported this problem many times in here. It's super annoying; made me not want to wear the shoes. I hesitated taking out the insole as it was so glued down. I did, however, and applied baby powder to the forefoot area. Not it's perfect, and I'm wanting to wear them a lot more now. The popping/clicking was occurring only after a few hours of wear after they warmed up I assume. I did have to reapply the powder after half a dozen wears; hopefully it will not re-occur once sufficient powder has worked its way in. Let me know if this helps you!

*sigh* I did something bone headed. Used a bleach pen on it when I got a lil stain.

Saw something on YT where you can use an airbrush gun and paint it back white. Might go that route.

You bleached the whole area? Ouch....hope you're able to fix it. I'm surprised the bleach caused it to yellow.

No, I bleached the spot and that yellowed. Thought the 40 volume cream method would work on it but it made the whole area yellow instead smh

the mesh netting on my pair yellowed quite a bit too. i repainted them with angelus flat white leather paint and they came out looking fresh out of the box new. i applied multiple coats allowing several hours to fully dry between coats.

Anyone have mis match leather on the toe guard? One is tumbled and soft and the other is smooth and hard. Not as clear in pics, but noticeable in looks and feel in person. Am I the only one with this flaw? lol.

Attachments

• Wc4s.JPG
    Wc4s.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 84
Anyone have mis match leather on the toe guard? One is tumbled and soft and the other is smooth and hard. Not as clear in pics, but noticeable in looks and feel in person. Am I the only one with this flaw? lol.
I had something similar on one of my pairs on the heel collar. It drove me insane but luckily the other pairs I got are perfect.

I've reported this problem many times in here. It's super annoying; made me not want to wear the shoes. I hesitated taking out the insole as it was so glued down. I did, however, and applied baby powder to the forefoot area. Not it's perfect, and I'm wanting to wear them a lot more now. The popping/clicking was occurring only after a few hours of wear after they warmed up I assume. I did have to reapply the powder after half a dozen wears; hopefully it will not re-occur once sufficient powder has worked its way in. Let me know if this helps you!
I have the same problem with this shoe and the AJ 13 Chicagos. I thought I had stepped on something sticky or had a pebble stuck on the outsole. It all makes sense now.

I have the same problem with this shoe and the AJ 13 Chicagos. I thought I had stepped on something sticky or had a pebble stuck on the outsole. It all makes sense now.

I thought it was a stuck pebble too when it first happened! Probably when the shoe warms up the glue loosens in a small spot and leaves a small Air pocket. So either powder or gluing it down would help. So lame.

I had something similar on one of my pairs on the heel collar. It drove me insane but luckily the other pairs I got are perfect.

Yeah the two different mis match leather on the left and right shoe bothers me, I think my heel collar has different leather between the two too smh lol. Oh well....I remember everyone had a bunch of flaws on their pairs like paint chips, pen marks, uneven leather cuts, etc. So fortunately the rest of my shoe is perfect so I guess somethings gotta give.

Wish these had the black Motorsport or white Cement 5 leather. I wouldn’t mind the slight tumble

Back
Top Bottom