Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

The only reason to double up is that you would trash your shoes in months and you want to have that second pair to use later. reality is the polyurethane mid soles don't last more than 4-5 years unworn. JB is always retroing anyway, by the time you are done with the first pair there will be another retro.

What's hilarious is that pair looks like the fakes we saw before the 2011 pair dropped. The fakes might've even had a better shape :rofl:

The only reason to double up is that you would trash your shoes in months and you want to have that second pair to use later. reality is the polyurethane mid soles don't last more than 4-5 years unworn. JB is always retroing anyway, by the time you are done with the first pair there will be another retro.
The next retro might see another price increase though. I'm thinking about doubling up just to avoid the salt of sticker shock the next time around. 

What's hilarious is that pair looks like the fakes we saw before the 2011 pair dropped. The fakes might've even had a better shape
roll.gif
If you find the right factory you can get some incredible fakes. The only problem with fakes is they deteriorate a lot faster. But trust me if I could find a good spot that had spot on fakes for $70 or less I'd cop all day long over the banana boat iron leather stuff JB gives us these days.

I find it somewhat funny how people are declaring that they're going to get one or two pairs...as though it will be that easy!  Despite the issues with shape, I want a pair b/c it's the first Jordan I owned in '89.  Although I spend the whole time I had them wishing I had the black cements (we didn't call them BREDs back then ;-).  So much so that I painted my WCs black and basically ruined them.   At least I did that after about 10 months (of daily wear), at a time when it was one pair of shoes per year, then toss them and buy a new pair.  i.e. Only wore them for 2 more months before getting the black metallic 5s.  I just hope I can get one pair at release time.  Despite the nostalgic value, I will NOT pay reseller prices.  

Hopefully I can score just one pair. Would look nice in between my WC3 88's and my 00 Infrared VI's.

The shape isn't changing folks; is that not obvious by now?! ;-) I honestly don't think that we can tell the quality of the leather in the pics, but I doubt it's anything like the '12, or others that people have complained about. Likely won't be premium, or even as good as OG or '99, but should better than horrible (ha!).

sold my 4th and last 2012 pair about 2 months ago. All four went for good amounts, I'm ready, let's roll baby.

Last edited:

Now the toe on these look much better, but that tongue. Is that a shin guard?
JB gotta cater to the tongue poppers. I was into that too at first until I realized how corny it looks. there are only a few models that actually look good like that. I love seeing people try to rock 11s with the tongue popped. gives me a good laugh
laugh.gif

JB gotta cater to the tongue poppers. I was into that too at first until I realized how corny it looks. there are only a few models that actually look good like that. I love seeing people try to rock 11s with the tongue popped. gives me a good laugh
laugh.gif
i think the 4 is one of the models that makes it difficult to not have the tongue popped since i wear pants with a pretty small leg opening 

This minus the Maroons. Hoping to take an extremely long hiatus after February. We all know how that ends up working out though. Lol...

True, but as far as Jordans go I can't see anything pulling me back out. Unless it's Metallic 5s for black friday (fingers crossed) or Space Jams for the holiday 11 release

The next retro might see another price increase though. I'm thinking about doubling up just to avoid the salt of sticker shock the next time around. 
by then i'm done with buying retros...actually by next year the blk/red XII drops i'll be done with retros. unless they do the blk/wht again in og cw...who knows when my 04 will fall apart. lol

At this point I'm hoping they come out with a respectable pair of Black/Cement 3's with Nike Air on the back. That's about the only Jordan I want these days.

I'm not ready for the mass hysteria with OG branded BC3's. Those will won't drop for a while because Nike knows that's a big ace to drop

But...

Aren't we getting OG branded BC4's toward the end of 2016 :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom