Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "UNC" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

So dude wants to give me $50 and DS UNC's for a DS pair of black infrared 6's....should I do it?

If it were me and I didn't have UNC's I would. I prefer 1's over all the rest so....... on the flip side you might can sell the 6's for a bit more, just gotta find the right buyer.

So dude wants to give me $50 and DS UNC's for a DS pair of black infrared 6's....should I do it?

In my opinion, he is basically offering you $225 for your Infrared 6s ($175 retail price w/tax on the UNC's plus 50).

I value DS Black Infrared 6s at 250-260. I wouldnt do it because you can easily find UNC 1s for 220 or less, i'd rather buy the 1s if I had the cash and keep the 6s.

I'd counter offer with another tradeable pair that you own

So wouldn't mv of the 1s and cash = mv of the vi's? The whole mv thing is over thinking it. If both traders are satisfied with the agreement everybody should be happy. Who wants to sell a shoe they don't want to then go find a shoe they want to come up 10 bucks?

You miss the point. San Marcos, TX market certainly aint Los Angeles and in my neck of the woods, 11s 12s 13s did NOT sit. Even 6s 7s and 8s sold out. In fact, I had to put my Black/Red playoff 7s on layaway because sizes were going fast.

Your attempts at sarcasm display your ignorance. If you were just a kid from '92-98, there's nothing you can do to convince me you "experienced" the air jordan sneaker frenzy to its fullest extent in those days.

You must be in your 40s or your mind is gone.

Cool grey 11s caused a riot at fox hills but before that everything was available.

Sports authority, JC Penny, moms and pops, etc...all had Js on discount, not just outlets in tx

Cool grey 11s caused a riot at fox hills but before that everything was available.

Sports authority, JC Penny, moms and pops, etc...all had Js on discount, not just outlets in tx
the only problem with your CG argument is that they released during the retro era and were at the very end if not after MJ stopped playing and the argument (i believe) was about OG releases and no OG jordan through 13 sold out first day, you usually had a week like in my area but not every area is the same so results may vary depending on topography

Stick to the OG topic homeboy. From the beginning, I've been referring to a specific time period - '95 to '98. Let me "edshoecate" you some more since you clearly are illiterate. I will repeat what I said on my og post: OG 11s 12s 13s sold out while 15s 17s and some 14s sat and wemt on clearance.

You keep referencing the time frame of 2001-2003 because 1) it fits ur argument that jordans sat during this time, 2) you clearly remember these years because these were the years you finally had money to buy on your own, and 3) you know very little about the time frame I was originally referencing, which is, wait for it....wait for it....1995 thru 1998.

Go back to my original post and READ IT VERBATIM before you speak your sarcasm.

"Delusions of grandeur" according to you....hahaha...you weren't even old enough to own a credit card in '96 let alone cop a pair of j's on your own.

Stick to the script homie - '95-'98. Forget the early '00s, we all know 16s and 17s weren't in demand. But tell me what u know about the culture and hype around L.A surrounding the original 12s from '96-97 - apparently not much because you keep bringing up og 17s from '02 and og cool grey 11s from '01 when its clear I never once said og cg 11s and og 17s sold out.

Lol

the only problem with your CG argument is that they released during the retro era and were at the very end if not after MJ stopped playing and the argument (i believe) was about OG releases and no OG jordan through 13 sold out first day, you usually had a week like in my area but not every area is the same so results may vary depending on topography

I think you meant geography, not topography. But well said bro, in my market og's sold out within a few days to maybe one week, depending on the colorway. But my point was always that when MJ returned for his second three peat run, the hype surrounding his sneakers resurfaced at unprecedented heights. And some people here were just too young back then to understand what I mean.

These cats think copping multiple pairs of j's started in '05 when the Sb craze was generating steam lol

If it were me and I didn't have UNC's I would. I prefer 1's over all the rest so....... on the flip side you might can sell the 6's for a bit more, just gotta find the right buyer.

In my opinion, he is basically offering you $225 for your Infrared 6s ($175 retail price w/tax on the UNC's plus 50).

I value DS Black Infrared 6s at 250-260. I wouldnt do it because you can easily find UNC 1s for 220 or less, i'd rather buy the 1s if I had the cash and keep the 6s.

I'd counter offer with another tradeable pair that you own

So wouldn't mv of the 1s and cash = mv of the vi's? The whole mv thing is over thinking it. If both traders are satisfied with the agreement everybody should be happy. Who wants to sell a shoe they don't want to then go find a shoe they want to come up 10 bucks?

Everyone making a good point and I appreciate the feedback. I'm torn cuz 1's are my favorite of all time but the black infrared 6's hold a special place too...I think the 1's will see more wear time though

I think you meant geography, not topography. But well said bro, in my market og's sold out within a few days to maybe one week, depending on the colorway. But my point was always that when MJ returned for his second three peat run, the hype surrounding his sneakers resurfaced at unprecedented heights. And some people here were just too young back then to understand what I mean.

These cats think copping multiple pairs of j's started in '05 when the Sb craze was generating steam lol
yeah geography for sure lol topography, anyways i just remember being a kid (8th grade when the XIs came out) and falling in love with the black/red XI but never saw anyone rocking the concords or columbias around my way but i know that they all went on sale around my way and could be had (depending on size availability) for close to $50 in some cases but i grew up poor and never had nikes until high school but let me tell you if i was working i would have had them all and maybe multiples

Stick to the OG topic homeboy. From the beginning, I've been referring to a specific time period - '95 to '98. Let me "edshoecate" you some more since you clearly are illiterate. I will repeat what I said on my og post: OG 11s 12s 13s sold out while 15s 17s and some 14s sat and wemt on clearance.

You keep referencing the time frame of 2001-2003 because 1) it fits ur argument that jordans sat during this time, 2) you clearly remember these years because these were the years you finally had money to buy on your own, and 3) you know very little about the time frame I was originally referencing, which is, wait for it....wait for it....1995 thru 1998.

"Delusions of grandeur" according to you....hahaha...you weren't even old enough to own a credit card in '96 let alone cop a pair of j's on your own.

Stick to the script homie - '95-'98. Forget the early '00s, we all know 16s and 17s weren't in demand. But tell me what u know about the culture and hype around L.A surrounding the original 12s from '96-97 - apparently not much because you keep bringing up og 17s from '02 and og cool grey 11s from '01 when its clear I never once said og cg 11s and og 17s sold out.

Lol

You need advice on trades yet you're the reselling encyclopedia since its inception?

Your reading comprehension is below basic.

CG XIs in context of when Jordan's became a problem in regards to reselling.

Since you like to skip over what I said, I'll repeat it.

11s were always a problem and it was a week after sell out.

You keep spewing out these fables of a time that never existed.

I wasn't born in 95, genius. I grew up watching Jordan and buying his shoes. I was employed at 15. $400 a month bought my shoes.

Obsidian 12s were the only problem and that's cause they sold out a month after release.

Los Angeles>Long Beach. What market is bigger and better represents reality?

Same argument folks in Montana use about availability now is the same crutch you're using to push this fable of reselling glory days in Long Beach.

Whiplash suits you...

Last edited:

Lol

giphy.gif

Im speaking in the context of when Jordan's started to be a problem to obtain...and that was just 11s. Other Jordan's sat in LOS ANGELES.

You need advice on trades yet you're the reselling encyclopedia since its inception?

Your reading comprehension is below basic.

CG XIs in context of when Jordan's became a problem in regards to reselling.

Since you like to skip over what I said, I'll repeat it.

11s were always a problem and it was a week after sell out.

You keep spewing out these fables of a time that never existed.

I wasn't born in 95, genius. I grew up watching Jordan and buying his shoes. I was employed at 15. $400 a month bought my shoes.

Obsidian 12s were the only problem and that's cause they sold out a month after release.

Los Angeles>Long Beach. What market is bigger and better represents reality?

Same argument folks in Montana use about availability now is the same crutch you're using to push this fable of reselling glory days in Long Beach.

Whiplash suits you...

Lol...I lived in L.A. in the 80s and 90s and the other house I own now is in long beach.

Like I said, anyone who was in high school in '95-98 doesnt have the credibility to say they know for sure that 12s and 13s sat on shelves.

You, my friend, are a bonafide idiot.

Go back to school, learn how to comprehend English, and keep harping on jordans from 2002.

I bet you didnt even play high school basketball

Edshoecator....people like you are the reason L.A. has a bad reputation for being unfriendly and stuck up. I was miniding my own business and spoke of my experience with J's in the 90s and u came out initially and immediately started talking to me with a sense of sarcastic arrogance. To put it mildly, you were basically already talkin s*** the very first time you responded to my original comment.

For lack of a better term, you are a simply a stupid hater who probably hangs out at RIF three times a week tryin to flex. Pathetic.

Edshoecator....people like you are the reason L.A. has a bad reputation for being unfriendly and stuck up. I was miniding my own business and spoke of my experience with J's in the 90s and u came out initially and immediately started talking to me with a sense of sarcastic arrogance. To put it mildly, you were basically already talkin s*** the very first time you responded to my original comment.

For lack of a better term, you are a simply a stupid hater who probably hangs out at RIF three times a week tryin to flex. Pathetic.
Don't sweat it bro, he was like that towards me.  I'm minding my own business then he decides to chime in from a disposition of strict arrogance and snobby/uppity attitude as if he is the great creator Allah of shoes.

I'm from LA... we're a friendly bunch.  We never make it to bball games on time... suck at driving in the rain and MOST of those who aren't LA transplants are pretty chill...

I probably saw you and didn't even know.

I was sneaking in with footlocker shirts to get ahead of the line lol.

Spent the night before at a wss in the hood.

Like I said, pathetic.

People laugh at the clown who falls in line wearing a footlocker shirt hoping he can "get through." Lol

What the clown doesnt realize is that he's only fooling himself

Don't sweat it bro, he was like that towards me.  I'm minding my own business then he decides to chime in from a disposition of strict arrogance and snobby/uppity attitude as if he is the great creator Allah of shoes.

I'm from LA... we're a friendly bunch.  We never make it to bball games on time... suck at driving in the rain and MOST of those who aren't LA transplants are pretty chill...

Yeah I hear u bro, he's one of "those" - the type of dude who would act completely different if you were in front of him face to face.

You know what they say....in a crowd of 10, there's always at least one hater.

Ed should shoecate us all on what is fact vs fiction, since he's apparently the only one who knows anything about everything.

Your name is edshoecater and you got passed it. I'd rather get past it.

Back
Top Bottom