Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
this has to be THE stupidest, not to mention prejudice, thing I've heard all week. Jordan are "stigmatized" bc there is never enough to go around, which is obviously done intentionally.
All the negative that happens is a direct result of limited availability. Therefore jordan/Nike is to blame. They could easily remedy all of this, but as has already been stated, they don't want to.
Wait a minute...Let me see if I'm comprehending this correctly.  Blame Nike for all the negative actions that people do because its their fault for providing limited quantities? 

So we may as well applaud those who rob and murder for food or wealth because of the lack of jobs the government has provided for every single citizen or non in this country...

Wrong is wrong regardless of motive.  Perhaps we think differently, money doesn't move me....

Last edited:
After taking a look at one of my XI low black/red today that I hadn't looked at yet......my hopes aren't too high for my pair of 1's getting here on Friday.  

Wait a minute...Let me see if I'm comprehending this correctly.  Blame Nike for all the negative actions that people do because its their fault for providing limited quantities? 

So we may as well applaud those who rob and murder for food or wealth because of the lack of jobs the government has provided for every single citizen or non in this country...

Wrong is wrong regardless of motive.  Perhaps we think differently, money doesn't move me....
i was just saying this to nicekicks on twitter. to act like its a sneaker industry problem is ignorant and extremely extremely unhealthy. who's to blame for illegal drug robberies? cartier glasses robberies? they are variables to a larger problem.

when a little old lady gets her purse robbed, is it a purse industry problem? i blame the united states mint for printing limited quantities of money. they need to print enough for everyone that wants some. if they printed more money, there would be less robberies.

simpletons. 
mean.gif

Last edited:

anyone in Houston cop from City Gear off of Beechnut in the H?

1 person? supposedly they were sold within the past hour...

manager even had the nerve to take my name down and ask me what am I trying to pay retail or...............i was like i am willing to pay whatever(LIE)...before that she tells me these shoes are going for $700 on ebay....

CITY GEAR BEECHNUT IS FULL OF IT...keep in mind i just left the store prior to them supposedly getting their shipment....manager was on the phone outside talking to someone, that's when I knew something was up...homie called and asked if they had em they said yea cmon...im at the grocery store right across the street, so i head back up there...they tell me sold out, they only got 'LIKE 5 PAIRS'..."people were lurking in the lot waiting on them"...i didnt see anyone...

ALL THEIR PAIRS ARE IN THAT BUILDING STILL, ALL WILL BE OUT OF THAT BUILDING BY TONIGHT! 

CITY GEAR BEECHNUT = SCAMMERS
City Gear Mesa was the same way...

We actually camped out there the day of release and was told they didn't have their pairs yet and that they'll post it on IG when they get them in.. I called them that afternoon and they said they still haven't got them in and to call back on Monday so I called back first thing Monday morning (10:05am) and the manager/owner said they were sold out!! SMDH

NEVER WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH CITY GEAR MESA AGAIN 

I stop messing with PG because of this very reason...

This was actually the first time I've ever stepped a foot into City Gear location... 

I was still able to pick up a couple of GS sizes for the effort so that makes it a little better but definitely a lesson learned... 

This thread is just like the Royal thread

-a OG colorway that people thought would be readily available
-nike cancels the online release like it did for the Royals
-traffic crashes the other sites that do have them
-a lot of salt and bitterness after the shoes sell out
-high resell price after the release
-people holding onto false hope that nike will release these and that the price will drop

Only difference is that more pairs were allocated in America instead of overseas. And people were only paying 300-325 after the release of Royals. It took a few months for them to jump in value

Once the market gets flooded with Questionable pairs and they fix the flaws, retail pairs will go up even more. What's driving up the prices are Asians paying top dollar for them for resell purposes. This is the most accurate retro of the Chicago 1s period and there are a lot of people who collect OG retro 1 highs. Also many people had this colorway back in 1985, I'd say it was even the most popular. When you try to find 1985 1s on eBay, Chicagos pop up the most.

I've been meaning to post the family picture since I got these on release day smh but here they are! I still can't believe I have every retro OG 1 All DS!...(I don't count black and golds. That speckle sole is NOT OG nor was it present on either sample!) without further adieu...

For the record this thread was TOO entertaining....with that being said see y'all in the UNC thread.
wear your kicks

Still can't believe that I sold one of my pairs for $400 right out of the store. I'm running my second pair to the ground this summer. I like how its creasing up already. The third pair is on ice til next summer or if/when I can pull this trade off. I can honestly say that I lucked the fuvk up with this release

Raise your hand if you actually gotten a restock of a shoe u missed out on and really wanted tbh....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom