Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Just seen/held these at HOH on my lunch break. Apparently they've gotten their shipments in. While they're nice in person I will advise not to go in thinking these will be of great leather quality or anything. Leather on these is decent at best. I also noticed the black ankle collar leather is stiff almost like 2013s smh. A far cry from its counterparts like 94s, banneds, 2013 royals, black/whites and frags etc. The only thing I can see "remastered" on these is the foam tougne, nike air tag and the fact that they come un-lacced. Not what I was exactly expecting in terms of "quality", still nice though. Wish the red popped a lil more like 94s. Just my observation from what I seen just now. Still need two but won't trip if I end up with just one.
 From the pictures and videos i've seen of the Chi's this comes as a surprise to me. The quality looked just as good as the lasers / frags in all the pics / videos. That's kind of a let down, but of course that doesn't mean i'm gonna pass..

From the pictures and videos i've seen of the Chi's this comes as a surprise to me. The quality looked just as good as the lasers / frags in all the pics / videos. That's kind of a let down, but of course that doesn't mean i'm gonna pass..

at the very least the leather will be like the lasers (which was exactly like the frags :lol: )... i can't see these being a disappointment quality wise..

two will be copped!!

at the very least the leather will be like the lasers (which was exactly like the frags
laugh.gif
)... i can't see these being a disappointment quality wise..

two will be copped!!
Yep I have the frags, the leather is awesome IMO.  I agree with you about the quality, read the post I quoted though.

at the very least the leather will be like the lasers (which was exactly like the frags :lol: )... i can't see these being a disappointment quality wise..

two will be copped!!

I'm not saying the leather is horrible just not great either. And what people need to understand about the lasers in particular is that the leather on those is actually different and thinner probably due to the laser printing "premium" astetic that they carry. I agree that the leather on lasers is nice and to me it's fair to say that the leather on lasers is better (and softer) than the leather on the these 2015 Chi's from what I was able to observe. Especially when you compare the softness of the leather on the ankle collars. Lasers are way softer. Was looking for that "grainy genuine leather" look/feel and I just didn't see or feel much of that at all. Idk I'll let you guys be the judge once you have em in hand if your able to get a pair. I'm sure there will be different opinions.

Yep I have the frags, the leather is awesome IMO.  I agree with you about the quality, read the post I quoted though.

yeah i peeped and I agree with you sentiments---i too had reason to believe they would be no different than the most recent released remastered joints... i think we as 'lovers of 1s' have to break away from comparing newly released 1s to their 20+ year old original forms or anomaly releases like "Banneds" though lol...we're probably never getting Banned quality for the price point we're at now :rolleyes -- i've just accepted that much ahaha..

we've been getting good quality OG 1s..i don't do too much complaining nowadays (maybe that's me).. lol

I'm not saying the leather is horrible just not great either. And what people need to understand about the lasers in particular is that the leather on those is actually different and thinner probably due to the laser printing "premium" astetic that they carry. I agree that the leather on lasers is nice and to me it's fair to say that the leather on lasers is better (and softer) than the leather on the these 2015 Chi's from what I was able to observe. Especially when you compare the softness of the leather on the ankle collars. Lasers are way softer. Was looking for that "grainy genuine leather" look/feel and I just didn't see or feel much of that at all. Idk I'll let you guys be the judge once you have em in hand if your able to get a pair. I'm sure there will be different opinions.

laser leather pretty much matches frags in all areas of the shoe.. maybe things changed on the chicagos for some reason that's unknown.. just like the tongue you mentioned that more padded than normal..

View media item 1531438

So ready probably doing atcs for online and then going to the probable 20 sneaker stores in my 10-20 mile radius for raffles. Lol if I come away with 10 pairs I'll probably buy them all up

So ready probably doing atcs for online and then going to the probable 20 sneaker stores in my 10-20 mile radius for raffles. Lol if I come away with 10 pairs I'll probably buy them all up
cop 10 pairs then flip em all and get them yeezy boost 
laugh.gif

you deserve them champ 

Last edited:
How dumb are you

I'll give oops ugh greedy resellers like you make me sick pls don't quote me again
I want a pair my man and I wear my 1s so don't think im like one of those resellers .

HMU tinkbritt18@gmail.com. @airedweezy  

EDIT: Please hit me up via email if you are able to cop multiple pairs I need a sz 10.5 and if you could do so I have DS pairs I could let go for retail .

Show a sneakerhead some love

Last edited:
yeah i peeped and I agree with you sentiments---i too had reason to believe they would be no different than the most recent released remastered joints... i think we as 'lovers of 1s' have to break away from comparing newly released 1s to their 20+ year old original forms or anomaly releases like "Banneds" though lol...we're probably never getting Banned quality for the price point we're at now
eyes.gif
-- i've just accepted that much ahaha..

we've been getting good quality OG 1s..i don't do too much complaining nowadays (maybe that's me).. lol
True

I agree. I swear, quality snobs :smh:

The quality on breds, royals, and shadows were good enough for me. I don't need better. These didn't having that chi quality.

If only some of you dudes were as picky with the women you choose.

:lol:

On the internet they are

never owned pair of jordan 1s these will be my first :smile:

(Grumpy old man voice) And that's just the problem here. I wager that this will be the first pair of 1s for hundreds of people, unfortunately. As if competing with resellers isn't already enough.

Wishing folks would go back to copping IIIs/XIs...

Back
Top Bottom