Nike Air Griffey Max 1 white/black/mid navy/stealth March 2013???

im happy Nike is paying attention the the Griffey line.. but those are the colorways they come up with?

Actually feelin the black/golds tho

Trying to take the optimistic view... and it's that with all these colorways coming, surely they'll put one out that I actually like?  Still waiting on the Griffey PE's.  

Not for nothing but I'd definitely take those Black/Golds over those lame "Denver Broncos" crayola edition.

I think it's too late....BEEN butchered..smh

NO!!!

The Griffey 1 retros have always been solid. Take away those platinum joints from a few years back & they weren't even that bad.....the 1s have always been a favorite of mines & one of the best Nike sneaker models ever.

photomay08113008.jpg

photomay08113108.jpg

Hell, even the GS colorways have been decent up until this RECENT butchering. The question is, who the hell is responsible for all this patent leather & multi-colored nonsense....Gentry or some other buffoon? It don't even matter. I'll add Seahawks to the collection down the line & keep it moving.

Last edited:
I regret not getting that red Cincinnati Red's :frown:

The black and gold had potential, but they ruined it. The swoosh looks to be pretty dope.

I think if the upper was mostly black with just a gold swoosh and some accents they would have been dope but the way they are now is too overdone.

NO!!!

The Griffey 1 retros have always been solid. Take away those platinum joints from a few years back & they weren't even that bad.....the 1s have always been a favorite of mines & one of the best Nike sneaker models ever.

Meh. The Reds were a great Retro+, and the black/infrared or whatever were decent - like good enough to make me consider them when they hit outlet prices.

Now, frankly, one and a half good Retro+ colorways IS better than Nike usually does these days. But, I wouldn't go overboard.

Everybody has their own taste.....but name the eye sore in that bunch?

photomay08113108.jpg

Even Home Run Derby's were solid. Somebody new is responsible for jacking up these new colorways.

photomay08113108.jpg

Even Home Run Derby's were solid. Somebody new is responsible for jacking up these new colorways.
Honestly, EVERY pair in that pic is dope. I have 4 of them myself, but these new color ways are complete garbage compared to those^^

photomay08113108.jpg

The Orions, or whatever they are called, may not be full blown "eyesores" but they did not need to be made.

Then you have the 3 OG CWs, plus a pair of 2s in there.

I acknowledged the Cincy pair as dope and the hot red pair as okay.

Everything else has been flop city, as far as I'm concerned - including the homerun derby and the Seahawks.

are we posting pics of our Griffeys?

For the 1s I have the Freshwaters, Emeralds, Cincinnatis, Home Run Derbys, and Infareds/Hot reds...

View media item 402775

not tryin to go off topic of the thread, just thought it could relate cause of the 1s in there :nerd:

edit: reason why some of the 1s aren't laced is because I haven't got around to putting them back in

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom