Nike Air Foamposite One 'Weatherman' $250 MSRP Release 08/30/13

oh now i get it!...my sneakers are supposed to have future resell value.....here i was thinking you buy what you will wear. 
mean.gif

....who cares what its future worth is...unless you r a reseller.....but i guess for the right price everyone is a reseller, huh?

Oh, people are supposed to quiver because you use the dreaded r-word. Look, when somebody else values something more than you do, you sell it. That's nothing but basic economics. No need to read any more into things.

Most foams re sell for 350-400 in my area..
I dont see these not selling out..
maybe not first day..
but they wont sit for a week..
And i can  see these being re-sold for 400 easily..
quality on these is top notch rather you think the CW is garbage or not..
If you buy sneakers based on quality rather than hype then this is a no brainer cop

Well, if you think they are ugly, they are a no-go regardless of quality. And, I'm sure the quality is quite subpar - this is Nike in 2013, let's slow here. Some of us remember first-hand Nike quality going back to the 80s. The best you could argue - and I don't know - is that these are relatively less crappy than other crap, quality-wise.

And, where do you live? And, what are you using as reference for price points? Put up any pair of GR Foams released in the past 5 years - (Coppers included) for $400 in the B/S forum here and see if anybody PMs you!!

Smh this argument is insanity.
What foams are going 350-400? Releases within the last year? Only one I can see selling at that price is pinks.
No camo, no white out, royal blues, suns.. nothing near those prices. Heck the metallic reds from years ago are at the top of that range. Stealth are going for less than that. Even the highly sought after copper foams are only at 450 and they're what... 4 years old?

At least I'm not the only one. It's like some of these people exist in a parallel universe.

all yall talking about value and future value are not sneakerheads, you are either a reseller or future reseller! Real sneakerheads buy and wear their kicks and care less who has em...its the losers that cop based on how much they can get for it in a couple years.

Am i going to get to make another person famous today?

I could care less about what curtdiggler thinks constitutes a "sneakerhead" anyway. Real "sneakerheads" don't call themselves sneakerheads. How about that?

I've worn Tiffanys to go paintballing. I've barhopped in "45" Spacejam samples. Trust - I've beat your grails.

Everybody is a future reseller to some degree or another.

I've most likely been doing this since you were in diapers. I buy what I like, but I can't wear everything I buy. I work an office job. I could wear a different pair of sneakers every Saturday and Sunday for more than a decade... so some stuff just will not get rocked. Sometimes, you just wind up getting rid of stuff you never wore. If you can get more than you paid, that's a cool little bonus.

In 1994, first gen AJ 1 -3 retros sat forever. If I bought 6 pairs each of '94 AJ1s and 3s for 39.99 because I loved them and nobody wanted them, what am I supposed to do 12 years later when I still have multiple untouched pairs and people offering 500+ for pairs? Am I supposed to just keep them until they crumble? Should I sell them at 39.99? Should I wear them even though I have other pairs with plenty of life? If you value what I have more than I do, the only rational thing for me to do is sell it to you.

Let me know how noble you are when somebody offers 15 times what you paid for something.

View media item 556982Everybody has a price...

Last edited:

I could care less about what curtdiggler thinks constitutes a "sneakerhead" anyway. Real "sneakerheads" don't call themselves sneakerheads. How about that?

I've worn Tiffanys to go paintballing. I've barhopped in "45" Spacejam samples. Trust - I've beat your grails.

I've most likely been doing this since you were in diapers. I buy what I like, but I can't wear everything I buy. I work an office job. I could wear a different pair of sneakers every Saturday and Sunday for more than a decade... so some stuff just will not get rocked. Sometimes, you just wind up getting rid of stuff you never wore. If you can get more than you paid, that's a cool little bonus.

In 1994, first gen AJ 1 -3 retros sat forever. If I bought 6 pairs each of '94 AJ1s and 3s for 39.99 because I loved them and nobody wanted them, what am I supposed to do 12 years later when I still have multiple untouched pairs and people offering 500+ for pairs? Am I supposed to just keep them until they crumble? Should I sell them at 39.99? Should I wear them even though I have other pairs with plenty of life? If you value what I have more than I do, the only rational thing for me to do is sell it to you.

Let me know how noble you are when somebody offers 15 times what you paid for something.

Everybody has a price...
Basically.

And I dont see the appeal of wearing a weather map on your shoes.

It's horrendous what Nike has done to the foamposite

Bip.. well put. Another example, I paid 229 for my db6s when they released and now people are paying 700-1000 for used pairs. I've worn mine many times. Are they worth 1000 to me? F no, I'll unload em to somebody that does want em that bad! This makes me a reseller right?

And yes, I've bought and sold MANY pairs of shoes. I started in this game over ten years ago. You learn the ropes over the years just like anything else

Son, I'm your English teacher's English Teacher. That's just how I speak - like an adult who is educated enough to earn a comfortable living and not have to resort to hyping up garbage sneakers on social forums to turn like $40 profits. The question is why you trying so hard to sound cool. I rocked OG Royals in Queens house and 1st Gen Pearl retros in grad school - so either way you lose... dunny.
Whoa -

View media item 556729
My g, you got a 5K credit limit. Watch out y'all, you really putting that "Bank" in Bank Sinatra with that copper card. You sign up for that outside at the kiosk of your community college freshman orientation?

900x900px-LL-8651dfec_cmonson2.jpeg

BTW, the person in the bad *** pic isNeil DeGrasse Tyson - he's an astrophysicist - he must be MEGA corny, B.

SON....

I mostly stay in the JB forum, but I jumped into this weatherman foam thread for a second just to see some people might be afraid that they won't be able to cop a pair.

However, I came across this post and have now read the entire thread. I don't know how I've never come across BIP, but duke got my laughing out loud in my cubicle...neighboring workers are coming over asking me what's so funny

He said "I'm your english teacher's english teacher"...Then said his credit card is a community college orientation joint...TheKid had that card...10 years ago. And it damn sure is like 24% apr. But for real though...why feel saucy for a 5k credit limit though? Cant even buy a Scion with that...

Peace

Everybody has a price...

Wise words from a decent man.

Foam topics are so funny now

I used to see the same heads in every topic while the rest of the world and NT thought they were bulky or ugly. Now it's a bunch of new people with no foams older than two or three years old calling themselves foam heads.

I really hate that the galaxy foam ever released. Plus now they're actually selling foams for $250?

I remember going a little early for the coppers and everyone in line was from DC or New York. It's amazing how a little press and high resell prices can change things so quickly.

These are the hot galaxy like releases Gentry was hyped over :rolleyes

Last edited:
Walked into dtlr today burning some time and it happened to be when they were handing n out guaranteed tickets. Figures it would be for a release I'm not really interested in. Grabbed one in case they actually look better in person

I remember years ago when variants and fakes first started to flood the scene with the likes of spongebob nikes and whatnot. These foams reminds me of the original variants.

Back
Top Bottom