Nike Air Foamposite One - Metallic Pewter/Black (Spring 2011 - CounterKicks.com)

Originally Posted by BinYe

Sometimes, i wish i could come in here and stunt with my outrageously discounted prices.

But i'm like a baby with no umbilical cord... cuz i got no connect.

Pair still in transit, should be here monday. Speaking of monday...

"Thursday comes before Friday, Friday... you know what it is, YEAH!!!"

I don't understand why people brag so hard about getting discounts. I've never got a discount, but I don't really care. Being rich > getting a discount. lol. Seriously though, dudes floss that discount hard. Posting up screenshots of discounted orders and so on. lol Why? I don't get it man.

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Just came from a footlocker in Manhattan, got a full restock this morning...I assume this will be happening for others in nyc...
to add to this. the lady at footlocker yesterday told me they were getting a restock of size 8 - 13 totaling 30 pairs today. this was at white marsh mall, MD

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

.I don't understand why people brag so hard about getting discounts. I've never got a discount, but I don't really care. Being rich > getting a discount.
What?

Rich people don't pay full price for much of anything, let alone post on message boards.  The more you make -- or the more known you are -- the less you come out of pocket, if at all, for much outside of property and exotic cars.

That's an American fact.

What are you talking about?

#nocorrelation

laugh.gif

Sometimes, i wish i could come in here and stunt with my outrageously discounted prices.

I don't understand why people brag so hard about getting discounts. I've never got a discount, but I don't really care. Being rich > getting a discount. lol. Seriously though, dudes floss that discount hard. Posting up screenshots of discounted orders and so on. lol Why? I don't get it man.

Some people just get happy they get what they wanted on the low and they would like to share. Whether this is bragging or not, it is how you perceive it. I look at those posts and think job well done sir! No hate from me. Also remember when things release online it's just as hard for swoosh customers to cop as it is for NDC customers, so when something limited is purchased, it feels like winning the jackpot, so you feel like you want to share your accomplishments.

Being rich means you can't save money?

Being rich means you can't shop smart and spend smart?

You sound like them rich dudes who squander their money and end up back in the same place where they came from

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

.I don't understand why people brag so hard about getting discounts. I've never got a discount, but I don't really care. Being rich > getting a discount.
What?

Rich people don't pay full price for much of anything, let alone post on message boards.  The more you make -- or the more known you are -- the less you come out of pocket, if at all, for much outside of property and exotic cars.

That's an American fact.

#nocorrelation

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What?

That's an American fact.

#nocorrelation

laugh.gif

Didn't see your response cause I was writing mine up, but I'm glad you feel the same way I do about dudes comments.

Some of the stuff I read on NT is just absurd.

Half those rich dudes are rich cause they saved, invested, and spent smart.

Like Hazel said rich dudes get discounts on everything. Hell if you're marketable rich dude you probably get a lot of stuff free.

And not to get off topic, but being "rich" in the country (for everyone but a very select few) means your debts incurred/owed > your actual capital.

So I pay dudes NO mind.  They floss, talk, but don't own a damn thing.

Check the credits on "rich" people who have filed bankrupt to protect themselves last, er, 5 years alone, or go to a dealership and have them look up "known" folks behind on their car payment. 
laugh.gif

Back to the topic...

What?

That's an American fact.

#nocorrelation

laugh.gif

Yes, you are correct. Once you get your millionaire's club card you automatically get free Nike shoes. Everybody knows that. When I call Eastbay and place an order, when they tell me my total, I say "Whoa. Hold up buddy. I'm rich". They then apologize and give me my rich people discount. Sometimes they just give it to me for free. Of corse.

^
Give yourself a favor.

STOP.
I just think it's weird that people think that having money means you get things for free. Maybe if you're a movie star or some kind of famous musician or something, but if you're just a regular person who happens to have money, you won't be getting anything for free.

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

Some people just get happy they get what they wanted on the low and they would like to share. Whether this is bragging or not, it is how you perceive it. I look at those posts and think job well done sir! No hate from me. Also remember when things release online it's just as hard for swoosh customers to cop as it is for NDC customers, so when something limited is purchased, it feels like winning the jackpot, so you feel like you want to share your accomplishments.

Being rich means you can't save money?

Being rich means you can't shop smart and spend smart?

You sound like them rich dudes who squander their money and end up back in the same place where they came from
From what I've noticed by browsing NT and ISS is that the people who brag hard about discounts are the ones who work at a shoe store. And brag, yeah they brag damn hard, but they work at a @@%!%$% shoe store. So I guess they have to feel proud about something.

^Harsh.

It's the truth though. I have a extremely well paying job and I have no problem paying retail on a pair of shoes because I did well for myself to not work at a shoe store. For some people, working at Foot Locker is a dream job because "they can cop kicks on the low".

Originally Posted by lateralus1082

^Harsh.

It's the truth though. I have a extremely well paying job and I have no problem paying retail on a pair of shoes because I did well for myself to not work at a shoe store. For some people, working at Foot Locker is a dream job because "they can cop kicks on the low".

I agree with you.It's like you work at a damn shoe store and you know you're getting "insert item name" in stock. In some cases you know you'll have the chance to scoop before customers. It's not like you put in some hard work to get what you wanted. That is def just bragging.Edit - quoted the wrong post, meant to quote your post about most people bragging are the ones working at shoes stores.

What?

That's an American fact.

#nocorrelation

laugh.gif

Yes, you are correct. Once you get your millionaire's club card you automatically get free Nike shoes. Everybody knows that. When I call Eastbay and place an order, when they tell me my total, I say "Whoa. Hold up buddy. I'm rich". They then apologize and give me my rich people discount. Sometimes they just give it to me for free. Of corse.

I think what the other dude is implying is what he's seen on TV or what's well known about celebrities, and it's that they don't have to pay for certain things.  It's one of the "perks" of being famous I guess.

But, what you said is true... for regular rich people at least... I definitely understand what you meant by what you posted... good point!

Onionslice failed with his delivery and I agree with all you guys about saving some cash on a discount ftw, but its also really annoying when you have dudes on these boards constantly gloating how much they saved (we all know the difference btwn showing off a good deal and trying to stunt like an a-hole). SOME PEOPLE are just starving for some e-props or wanna make others feel stupid for paying retail. Luckily Im in a position where I dont need a discount to buy what I like but when that "hook up" comes along every now and again you know Im gonna use it.

i'll put it this way, if you work for nike or footlocker you deserve the perk of getting a discount on items since you do put time and work in for the company.

however it's corny when your on the lower end of the company totem pole making barely over minimum wage and your bragging about a discount. at the end of the day you make about $150-200 a week yet your bragging about a discount. ok now.

it's dudes on here who will brag about how they got a bunch of pairs of a shoe on swoosh for the player price yet get butthurt and complain on here when other members ask them about getting the discount too. if you don't want people messaging you about it then don't put it out there. hell maybe it's just me but when my connects come through for me im content in enjoying the money i saved, i don't see no need to brag about it on here.

So yea my pair came into today from St. Alfred's good looks sneakerst on that heads up....will peep em next week...

*puts number in rolodex for safekeeping*

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Damn. Debating if I should pull the trigger on the Pewter Restock.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

IMO doubling on foams is never really necessary. The only thing on them that really ages is the icey sole, and that happens whether you wear them or not.

Back
Top Bottom