Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by dadbath

Saw the blues yesterday. The midsole paint looks like it will crack as soon as you look at it funny.

flight 89s really never had da cracking problem that jordans had.

It all depends if they start painting the midsole like they do on Jordans.

Have a pair of the RED/WHITE patent leather joints and the midsoles cracked.
granted they are well worn but they did crack.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by dadbath

Saw the blues yesterday. The midsole paint looks like it will crack as soon as you look at it funny.

flight 89s really never had da cracking problem that jordans had.

It all depends if they start painting the midsole like they do on Jordans.

Have a pair of the RED/WHITE patent leather joints and the midsoles cracked.
granted they are well worn but they did crack.

I don't know if anyone has posted yet.

NTNY had both the black/grey and white/royal in stock.

I picked a pair up on Saturday.

I don't know if anyone has posted yet.

NTNY had both the black/grey and white/royal in stock.

I picked a pair up on Saturday.

They creased a little bit within an hr
frown.gif
. Need to get some force fields or whatever they're called

They creased a little bit within an hr
frown.gif
. Need to get some force fields or whatever they're called

Tried them on for an on-foot pic...

Its really cloudy out, plus I'm using my cellphone...

The blue is the same blue on the True Blue 3's...

^
ya, they look real nice though
initially in the catalog pics these looked like they may come out too light blue
but the final product looks just right!

^
ya, they look real nice though
initially in the catalog pics these looked like they may come out too light blue
but the final product looks just right!

Originally Posted by Johnny Appleseed

They look good!

How's the leather quality?

They look good!

Originally Posted by CAto312

They look good!

They're just like any other Nike/Jordan retro shoe releasing now...Cheap, stiff, smooth leather...They fit a little narrower than the 99/00-era retrosPaint is extremely thick, glossy...It will most certainly chip/crackBut, for the price it is a much better deal than the similarly styled Jordan 4....I paid only $57 because my girlfriends sister was able to get them for me with her employee discount @ NT. Regardless, its still a great shoe and its worth the full retail price.

They look good!

They're just like any other Nike/Jordan retro shoe releasing now...Cheap, stiff, smooth leather...They fit a little narrower than the 99/00-era retrosPaint is extremely thick, glossy...It will most certainly chip/crackBut, for the price it is a much better deal than the similarly styled Jordan 4....I paid only $57 because my girlfriends sister was able to get them for me with her employee discount @ NT. Regardless, its still a great shoe and its worth the full retail price.

They look good!

Appreciate the feedback.  I just ordered mine, these are a must have for me.

They look good!

Appreciate the feedback.  I just ordered mine, these are a must have for me.

They look good!

They're just like any other Nike/Jordan retro shoe releasing now...Cheap, stiff, smooth leather...They fit a little narrower than the 99/00-era retrosPaint is extremely thick, glossy...[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]It will most certainly chip/crack[/color]But, for the price it is a much better deal than the similarly styled Jordan 4....I paid only $57 because my girlfriends sister was able to get them for me with her employee discount @ NT. Regardless, its still a great shoe and its worth the full retail price.
Thanks for the pic and review. This is the reason I'm passing. Decided to pick up the Adidas Decade Hi's instead.  The 89s are obviously a cooler looking shoe, but nowadays I'm more concerned with quality and durability. Nike would have so easily gotten my
money on this one if they would have just used a better quality leather like the stuff on the QS SC IIs, but I'm sure then these would have to be labeled "premium" or QS. Anyways...yeah I know, cool story bro.

These are quality and really comfortable
Bluebird-6.jpeg

They look good!

They're just like any other Nike/Jordan retro shoe releasing now...Cheap, stiff, smooth leather...They fit a little narrower than the 99/00-era retrosPaint is extremely thick, glossy...[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]It will most certainly chip/crack[/color]But, for the price it is a much better deal than the similarly styled Jordan 4....I paid only $57 because my girlfriends sister was able to get them for me with her employee discount @ NT. Regardless, its still a great shoe and its worth the full retail price.
Thanks for the pic and review. This is the reason I'm passing. Decided to pick up the Adidas Decade Hi's instead.  The 89s are obviously a cooler looking shoe, but nowadays I'm more concerned with quality and durability. Nike would have so easily gotten my
money on this one if they would have just used a better quality leather like the stuff on the QS SC IIs, but I'm sure then these would have to be labeled "premium" or QS. Anyways...yeah I know, cool story bro.

Bluebird-6.jpeg

I like the decades, because they remind me of the forums, one of my favorite kicks of all time.

Saw the white/blue in person. I liked them better than I thought I would. Normally I'm disappointed by retro releases. Want FTL or FNL so I can use a coupon.

I like the decades, because they remind me of the forums, one of my favorite kicks of all time.

Saw the white/blue in person. I liked them better than I thought I would. Normally I'm disappointed by retro releases. Want FTL or FNL so I can use a coupon.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

They look good!

Good decision. I was definitely prepared to pick up at least one pair of the '89s if the quality was even passable, but after seeing them in person I can't do it. 

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

They look good!

Good decision. I was definitely prepared to pick up at least one pair of the '89s if the quality was even passable, but after seeing them in person I can't do it. 

Originally Posted by jtomisman

any OG colors comin out?

Both new pairs posted (white/dark royal and black/cement) are OG colors.

Peace,
   J

Back
Top Bottom