Nike Air 180 OG

anyone ELSE? this your way of saying you were able to flourish? lol

but yeah, i checked @ 6am EST and all sizes were S/O...

I was able to get my size 10 when they dropped at 3. Had to use my PayPal debit card as my bank card denied purchase twice.

This thread amazes me in a lot of ways. Nike releases a new color way and the thread lights up. Even a grey / light grey / black / red / purple / pink color way (yikes) gets this thread going. Yet no one will discuss the shoe's quality issues like a squeaky 180 air bag. It's like a cult following in here. Could you imagine if Nike released a 95 or better yet a Jordan that developed a squeak in the midsole after many wears? Nike would be crucified. Yet, in this thread thats not the case.

Personally, it makes me want to return my 180s. But again, the silhouette keeps me coming back.

This thread amazes me in a lot of ways. Nike releases a new color way and the thread lights up. Even a grey / light grey / black / red / purple / pink color way (yikes) gets this thread going. Yet no one will discuss the shoe's quality issues like a squeaky 180 air bag. It's like a cult following in here. Could you imagine if Nike released a 95 or better yet a Jordan that developed a squeak in the midsole after many wears? Nike would be crucified. Yet, in this thread thats not the case.

Personally, it makes me want to return my 180s. But again, the silhouette keeps me coming back.
We did discuss the squeaky 180 air bag and how the shoes wrinkle up in the toe box. No sense in dwelling on it.

We did discuss the squeaky 180 air bag and how the shoes wrinkle up in the toe box. No sense in dwelling on it.

Yeah, I suppose you and I had a quick one post dialogue as well as one or 2 others commented such as "ribbit ribbit". :rofl:

The wrinkle toe Im ok with but the squeaks are on another level. I can push on the solar red panels by the air bag and it squeaks like crazy. I wonder if Nike would return them as a defect.

Yeah, I suppose you and I had a quick one post dialogue as well as one or 2 others commented such as "ribbit ribbit". :rofl:

The wrinkle toe Im ok with but the squeaks are on another level. I can push on the solar red panels by the air bag and it squeaks like crazy. I wonder if Nike would return them as a defect.
yes, I mentioned my squeaking pair on page 90 back in July, hence why I felt a quick comment of ribbit ribbit was sufficient for this discussion (in fact, you responded to that post). for that reason, I sold my beat 2013s for like $30 and do not plan on buying any more 180s for the reason of squeaking, even though they are one of my preferred air maxes. if it's your 2018s that are squeaking, you may be eligible to return them to nike and receive a product voucher worth the full retail price.

yes, I mentioned my squeaking pair on page 90 back in July, hence why I felt a quick comment of ribbit ribbit was sufficient for this discussion (in fact, you responded to that post). for that reason, I sold my beat 2013s for like $30 and do not plan on buying any more 180s for the reason of squeaking, even though they are one of my preferred air maxes. if it's your 2018s that are squeaking, you may be eligible to return them to nike and receive a product voucher worth the full retail price.

Ah ok I do remember that now. Glad to know it’s more widespread than just a couple people. I think my pair started squeaking back then but now both shoes are squeaking even more now. It’s much worse as you can tell from the video. Makes me think I’m wearing Vapormax on a wet floor. The only difference is I’m not on a wet floor and the squeaking is coming from inside the shoe. Feels like the outsole and air bag are moving against each other. Seems like the air bag and outsole aren’t even glued together.

Oh really? I may have to do that. That squeaking is quite annoying

ARK ARK yeah, that's exactly how it was for me. I got some used 2013 ultramarines last year, wore them for a few months with no squeaking, then one day they started squeaking by the air unit. not the kind of squeaking I used to get from Jordans either, but they really sounded like a frog croaking (same as your video).

AirLoMax614 AirLoMax614 this was a few years ago, but I had the flight huarache retros brand new from nike (2015). after a few wears, the area where the fabric met the leather at the toebox started ripping apart badly. I got in touch with Nike and they said I was eligible to send the shoes back (I had to pay shipping) and they would look at the shoes and determine if I would get a voucher to use at Nike worth retail value of the shoes. if they didn't think it was eligible for a voucher, they'd either send them back or you had the option to donate them. I don't know if this policy's changed but hit up their live chat.

I’ve had many shoes squeak over the years, mostly SBs. The common fix was to put baby powder under the insoles.
I own three pairs of the current 180 releases, and have no squeaking whatsoever. Come to think of it, I’ve never had any squeaking issues from any of my 180s.

Hopefully my Steadman's don't squeak. I plan on wearing them for the first time this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom