Nike Air 180 OG

There are better shoes to run and workout in, if you want to turn heads then rock these.

Word, I would NEVER run in these unless I wanted a knee or foot injury. I'm prone to leg injuries though. Keep in mind that these have no forefoot air like the 1991 original, and the heel airbag is smaller and filled with a different gas, meaning that this shoe's technology is worse than 22 year old technology. I stick to contemporary sneakers for physical activity, and retro/throwback/whatever you want to call them for chillin' and going out and stuff. Lunarglide 4's are awesome for running

There are better shoes to run and workout in, if you want to turn heads then rock these.
I recommend you going to a local running store and getting properly fitted if your serious about running. As for weightlifting you can wear anything, but try to avoid shoes with big cushions if your doing some type of leg exercise such as squats and deadlifts.

Just got mine in and can't stand the yellowing! looks like crap and magic eraser did nothing. I like the shoe but the yellowing looks terrible. Might just take them back.

Just got mine in and can't stand the yellowing! looks like crap and magic eraser did nothing. I like the shoe but the yellowing looks terrible. Might just take them back.

I just got mine in as well. The yellowing is actually pretty nice considering that these will be worn that would make them look like this anyway. My only gripe is the left air bubble feels slightly less full than the right. Otherwise they are pretty comfy.

Can they please release these opiums again ??? 
nthat.gif

Damn finishline sold out in my size! Hoping NDC gets this release, otherwise ill patiently wait until the outlets get em...

Last edited:
When I returned my pair to finishline today, the manager didn't want to believe me that they were unworn.

He was so thrown off by the yellowing like "why would they do that?" lol

My pair came in today and I have to say that I am impressed. The yellowing is NOT bad on these at all. I barely notice it, it's like a cream color. If you are hesistant because of the yellowing, I would at least pick these up in person to see how you feel about them. Personally, I don't notice the "aging". 

As for sizing, these do run narrow as stated. It could be fixed if the laces were loosened a bit but I couldn't tell because the stock laces are super short. I would not recommend sizing up though because it will be too long. Hopefully they break in with wear and loosen up a bit which I expect happening since these are running shoes

I rocked the ones I got few years back in Hong Kong (I got it at hk's nikestore).

Wanted these so bad but couldn't afford it in middle school lol.

This is probably my top 5 nikes

Has anyone tried to fix/clean the yellowed aged midsoles?

you can clean the outsole by using baby wipes.

they used the same nicotine stained look on the air light vintage that was released the other year and these were cleaned up using wipes.

hope it helps.

you are seriously better off buying a pair from 2005-2006.
wider fit and better materials. the sole has more give and way more comfy than the releases from 2009 onwards. also they dont feel like they are made out of cardboard when wearing them.

just my 2 cents on them.

you can clean the outsole by using baby wipes.

they used the same nicotine stained look on the air light vintage that was released the other year and these were cleaned up using wipes.

hope it helps.

you are seriously better off buying a pair from 2005-2006.
wider fit and better materials. the sole has more give and way more comfy than the releases from 2009 onwards. also they dont feel like they are made out of cardboard when wearing them.

just my 2 cents on them.

Thanks I got a lot of the yellowing off with baby wipes.

Thanks I got a lot of the yellowing off with baby wipes.

no worries.

if u get them really dirty. like a months wear down the line.
then u can wash them... !!!

take inners out. never wash them. the material will come away from the foam.

take laces out..

simply scrub them all over with a stain remover soap bar. on the mesh and sole use a "soft" nailbrush.

then place them in a pillow case with the laces. tie the pillow case. double knot it.

put a towel in machine aswell. place pillow case with 180's in separately. and wash on a 30 on a low spin.

when done pack the toe box with spare pair of socks to keep the shape and leave to dry.

u will get a clean fresh pair.

ive done it on many 180's and a pair of the mrs max 1's the one time.

oh another tip. dont scrub the tongues too much as they will loose shape if u go too mad.

peace

Mine came from FNL and they were very  OG. To the point where Im considering taking them back. Plus they do fit pretty tight. 
frown.gif

Mine came from FNL and they were very OG. To the point where Im considering taking them back. Plus they do fit pretty tight. :frown:

u could try them without the inners mate. it will give your foot a bit more room. its like an extra half a size.

I have to do it to this day with my older 180's. really hard to find sz 10.5 from 2005/2006.

just give it a go u might be surprised. it feels a little weird at first but you get past it.

Back
Top Bottom