NFL Quarterbacks Discussion thread: 2013 Edition

Nobody cries for the hit on a QB like Tom though....and gets it :smh:

Dude is as bad as Crosby and Lebron :lol:

Last edited:
Well the 2012 Patriots were 4th in the NFL in pass attempts and were 2nd in the NFL in rushing attempts.
bingo

dland...2007 we ran it up time to time...but it's been overblown after that. most pats fans in fact grew EXTREMELY frustrated with bill obrien running the ball in situations where we needed points. mcdaniels found a pretty good balance last year in his first year back with us.

i would say we're quite balanced and like running up the score with the running game as well as the passing game
wink.gif

and 50 > 49...then, now, and always
pimp.gif

just like 23 > 22
laugh.gif
Fair enough (to most of this post).  The bolded is putting things in the lightest possible terms though.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
laugh.gif
yep.

That's why I have always held the stance that Peyton's 49 season was far superior to Tom's 50 season.  While Peyton was regularly handing the ball off in the 2nd half of games and sitting out entire 4th quarters (and even sitting all but a drive or two of week 17's game), Brady was launching 50 yard bombs while his games were already out of reach. 

If Peyton was allowed to play and throw as much as Tom did in 2007, he would have had 60 touchdowns.

Last edited:
:lol: at least you're good with the moss' record season > rice's record season *high fives CP* :pimp:

and we can play "if this, then that" all day. if brady played indoors with elite receivers for most of his career, he would have had X amount of TDs...you can go on and on with that stuff.

and :rofl: @ "if peyton was allowed to throw as much"...that dude checks out of runs more than anyone. even waives his fg team off the field. no one remembers that of course.

back to 2007 and running it up. the most egregious game was the one against the ******** and "poor old joe gibbs" (gimme a ******g break :lol: ). but it was cassel who came in and was chucking the ball around and running in TDs late in that game.

Last edited:
I looked at the stats and was surprised to see Brady had 81 more attempts. But he impressively still threw 2 less ints.

:lol: yep.

That's why I have always held the stance that Peyton's 49 season was far superior to Tom's 50 season.  While Peyton was regularly handing the ball off in the 2nd half of games and sitting out entire 4th quarters (and even sitting all but a drive or two of week 17's game), Brady was launching 50 yard bombs while his games were already out of reach. 

If Peyton was allowed to play and throw as much as Tom did in 2007, he would have had 60 touchdowns.

Thank you!

Just one example from that season I'll give, against Detroit on Thanksgiving, dude threw 6 TD's and still had the full 4th quarter to go. My man could have thrown 10 that day if Dungy let him.

Matt Ryan at 6 :rofl: The guy has a HOF TE and two of the best WRs in the game. I'm sure Mark Sanchez is putting up similar numbers with those weapons.

I also think Ben is too high. He's consistent, not bad but not great. Impossible to tackle and gets the job done.
I think Luck will have another good year, RG3 will be brought back to reality. Cam Newton and Flacco are too high, they should be lower on that list. Excited to see Kaep and Russell Wilson. 12 and up are ehhh to me. Most of those QBs are ok or ***. Don't really care about that order.

But for all those guys you say are too high, who goes ahead of them? You can't just move people down without replacing

^ you are 100% right :lol:

I am putting Matthew Stafford, Michael Vick and Jay Cutler over Cam and Flacco. I want to put Romo but I just can't. He's a mess. I also want to put Rivers above Flacco and Cam but I'm not sure if he's earned it because he's been below average as of late.

Also, I have no opinion on Sam Bradford. He hasn't had anything to work with his whole NFL career

:lol: yep.

Thank you!

Just one example from that season I'll give, against Detroit on Thanksgiving, dude threw 6 TD's and still had the full 4th quarter to go. My man could have thrown 10 that day if Dungy let him.

i love the example of peyton on turkey day.

when has brady thrown for six TDs in a game with the sixth coming in the 4th quarter? NEVER. i'm telling you, it's overblown this whole idea of brady running up the score himself in the 4th quarter. the dude's monster TD games have come in the first three quarters.

and the 49er @ Pats game last year is why you never take your foot off the gas...

i dunno if ryan @ 6 is laughable.

obviously brady, peyton, brees, rodgers in there before ryan.

eli is going to be there before ryan i think.

but here's where it's really up in the air imo. you've got ben, who lately hasn't been great, but lately hasn't had a ton of help and he's had changes with the coaching staff to deal with. he's still a tough SOB to play against.

but there isn't anyone else i'm putting ahead of ryan.

not romo, stafford, cutler, rivers, cam, flacco, etc etc

so i can see ryan at 6 or 7. fair imo.

I don't think Ryan is bad but I think 6 is way too generous. As I said, he has Tony Gonzalez, Julio Jones and Roddy White.....life isn't too hard for him. He would be in my top 10 but I'm thinking 9 or 10.

I don't think Ryan is bad but I think 6 is way too generous. As I said, he has Tony Gonzalez, Julio Jones and Roddy White.....life isn't too hard for him. He would be in my top 10 but I'm thinking 9 or 10.

How you sound "He has this guy and this guy and this guy" well who the hell he's suppose to have ? Todd pinkston ? Sit down

Jaws QB rankings so far.

5 Matt Ryan 
6 Drew Brees 
7 Ben Roethlisberger 
8 Eli Manning
9 Matt Schaub
10 Andrew Luck
11 Colin Kaepernick
12 Russell Wilson
13 Robert Griffin III 
14 Jay Cutler 
15 Tony Romo 
16 Matthew Stafford 
17 Philip Rivers
18 Cam Newton
19 Andy Dalton
20 Alex Smith
21 Josh Freeman
22 Sam Bradford 
23 Carson Palmer 
24 Ryan Tannehill
25 Michael Vick
26 Brandon Weeden
27 Christian Ponder
28 Mark Sanchez
29 Chad Henne
30 Kevin Kolb
31 Jake Locker
32 Matt Flynn 

He has Matt Ryan and Joe flacco over Drew Brees 
roll.gif

Last edited:
I mean we'll see what Brees does with Peyton back calling the plays this year. But he wasnt exactly Breesus last year. Which may be accounting for Jaw's ranking.

And he has just as many if not more weapons than Eli and Ryan. So its not like hes doing so much with less talent around him. I probably wouldnt rank them higher than Brees if I had to make a list. But I wouldnt say its an outrage considering eli and ryan are young and getting better while Brees is nearing the end of his career and kinda reached where hes gonna be.

Last edited:
Well Brees looked like trash last year....but Flacco shouldn't be above him..Flacco is only there because of that playoff performance

Andrew Luck shouldn't be ahead of Russell Wilson, NT told me so.

Romo at 15 huh? Cowboy fans gonna looooooove that. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom