NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
B8C29BD9-9BD5-44CE-BE43-8DDC39642B0A.jpeg

just need Brady to sign :nerd:

So an interesting point was made on Get Up yesterday. As I surmised, timing of any LJ deal is the difference between a 23/24 FRP and a 24/25 FRP. The conversation was essentially if you’re the Colts do you:
A) Go with Richardson if he’s available at 4 -‘d you think he’s the guy and he’s available (meaning no one trades up to #3 for him)

B) Go with Will Anderson at #4 if Richardson isn’t available then on Monday make a run at Lamar. Major risk because Ravens could match, leaving Indy with nothing at QB.

C) Trade down for more draft capital and figure out QB later.

D) Go with best fit at 4 and stand Pat at QB.

Durability issues aside the decision is the difference between $33MM guaranteed or $210MM+ guaranteed. B sounds really good in theory but it’s a major gamble because they could up with nothing under center. Because it’s a risky gamble, I could see Irsay doing it :lol:

Thoughts air spider 777 air spider 777 hoosierdaddy317 hoosierdaddy317

Tavon got his bread but it was wrap when yo got picked by Jeff Fisher’s St Louis Rams at the time :smh:

Bruh was wayyyyyyy to small though.

The difference between him and guys like AB, Santana Moss or Tyreek Hill was bulk and physicality.

I feel like Tavon looked slower as a pro too. Or maybe everyone else was equally fast.

Bruh was 5’8” 175 lbs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He looked and played small. Tyreek, and Santana Moss both were like 200lbs and played tough.

Tavon was all finesse. I knew it wouldn’t work

Bruh was wayyyyyyy to small though.

The difference between him and guys like AB, Santana Moss or Tyreek Hill was bulk and physicality.

I feel like Tavon looked slower as a pro too. Or maybe everyone else was equally fast.

Bruh was 5’8” 175 lbs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He looked and played small. Tyreek, and Santana Moss both were like 200lbs and played tough.

Tavon was all finesse. I knew it wouldn’t work
Yes the size was always gon be an issue, he even looks small in the non NFL regular ppl world… But yo never had a chance from Jump…Got drafted to be an outside WR #1 , Fisher had no idea how to be creative with him, his QB’s were Bradford/Bradford’s Injury replacements/Pre McVay Goff …Just all around bad circumstances for a tiny WR who’s assets was speed and versatility :smh: …Another case of drafting somebody based on how they played in college and doing the complete opposite when they touch the league, some teams never learn

His speed and shiftiness was still up there, think he took a punt return to the house a season or 2 ago at like age 30 :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
to be fair to dude, desean showed up at the combine at 169lbs at 5’9

but that’s why certain dudes shouldn’t be used as a comparison point for others

exceptions are exceptions for a reason

And luckily D Jacc got drafted to the right team and coach as well…They knew how to use him from the beginning so the size wasn’t an issue…Run deep routes and avoid all contact :lol: :pimp:

I agree but DJax was a WR his whole life.

frshstunna frshstunna wasn’t Tavon a RB at Dunbar? I think he converted to WR at WVU

I think he had to move to receiver because of Noel Devine (shout out Fort Myers).

Idk it’s just weird because Tyreek was a RB also. Man, those 2004-2012 West Virginia teams were LOADEDDDDEE! Pac-Man, C Henry, Noel, Bruce Irvin, Geno, Pat White, Tavon, etc.

But yeah Jeff Fisher the most stubborn coach ever. He’s had major talent offensively and just screwed up so much talent

DJaxx was more natural at receiver because that was him since his youth. It’s hard as hell to transition to WR, especially if you’re use to have the ball handed to you out the backfield. All of us have played with dudes who move to receiver and have a hard time adjusting

frshstunna frshstunna wasn’t Tavon a RB at Dunbar? I think he converted to WR at WVU

I think he had to move to receiver because of Noel Devine (shout out Fort Myers).

Idk it’s just weird because Tyreek was a RB also. Man, those 2004-2012 West Virginia teams were LOADEDDDDEE! Pac-Man, C Henry, Noel, Bruce Irvin, Geno, Pat White, Tavon, etc.

But yeah Jeff Fisher the most stubborn coach ever. He’s had major talent offensively and just screwed up so much talent

DJaxx was more natural at receiver because that was him since his youth. It’s hard as hell to transition to WR, especially if you’re use to have the ball handed to you out the backfield. All of us have played with dudes who move to receiver and have a hard time adjusting
Yup you right …he played only RB at Dunbar, broke all the MD rushing and TD records…At WVU he actually went back and forth, they started him at WR then he would flip to RB depending on what they needed, but the coach back then was creative and they ran that spread…Everybody in the city was glad he got picked that high but we were all worried how his career would go cuz we knew you just can’t line yo up outside at WR and tell him get busy…I bet Andy Reid woulda had him looking like something

Still think Steadman woulda been solid too if he ain’t get shot :smh: , that was my dawg …WVU squads was TOUGH in the mid to late 00’s, all they did was recruit dudes from Florida and the top players out the mid Atlantic :pimp:

Yup you right …he played only RB at Dunbar, broke all the MD rushing and TD records…At WVU he actually went back and forth, they started him at WR then he would flip to RB depending on what they needed, but the coach back then was creative and they ran that spread…Everybody in the city was glad he got picked that high but we were all worried how his career would go cuz we knew you just can’t line yo up outside at WR and tell him get busy…I bet Andy Reid woulda had him looking like something

Still think Steadman woulda been solid too if he ain’t get shot :smh: , that was my dawg …WVU squads was TOUGH in the mid to late 00’s, all they did was recruit dudes from Florida and the top players out the mid Atlantic :pimp:

Yeah Stedman from the crib. I stay like 20 mins away from where he got shot. Bruh was gone be special

So an interesting point was made on Get Up yesterday. As I surmised, timing of any LJ deal is the difference between a 23/24 FRP and a 24/25 FRP. The conversation was essentially if you’re the Colts do you:
A) Go with Richardson if he’s available at 4 -‘d you think he’s the guy and he’s available (meaning no one trades up to #3 for him)

B) Go with Will Anderson at #4 if Richardson isn’t available then on Monday make a run at Lamar. Major risk because Ravens could match, leaving Indy with nothing at QB.

C) Trade down for more draft capital and figure out QB later.

D) Go with best fit at 4 and stand Pat at QB.

Durability issues aside the decision is the difference between $33MM guaranteed or $210MM+ guaranteed. B sounds really good in theory but it’s a major gamble because they could up with nothing under center. Because it’s a risky gamble, I could see Irsay doing it :lol:

Thoughts air spider 777 air spider 777 hoosierdaddy317 hoosierdaddy317

Tbh I’d love Lamar but Irsay isnt going to shell out that deal.

What I think is going to happen is take whoever best is available at 4 and go from there.

Going to be a gamble but sometimes you gotta throw the dice!

yea djax was always a beast WR

but my thing is the size and speed and how guys translate on different levels.. the functionality of it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom