NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
No love LeBetard?

I love listening to him when he has Bomani and SVG on there
laugh.gif

Straight BS. He technically didn't test positive under the new levels/guidelines. It's like they're making up rules as they go...screw the NFL.

He's right though, after reading into how they handled his samples and the whole nine, he shouldn't be suspended period.

Recently, 49ers outside linebacker Aldon Smith got a nine-game suspension. He was given that punishment because he had a DUI, weapons charges and made a bomb threat at the Los Angeles airport in separate incidents. And he got roughly the same suspension as Gordon.

MORE LOGIC:

The problem is that the NFL has become the NCAA, where punishment generally serves no purpose and follows no logic. The NFL could have easily reduced Gordon's suspension to a game or two, and it would have been fair and nobody would have argued. It would have been a positive gesture to a 23-year-old man who seems serious about getting his life on track. But league officials are not even sure what they want to do anymore. They're throwing darts. That's how the Rice fiasco got out of control, because the league had no idea that handing out year suspensions for marijuana use and two games for knocking out your fiancée wouldn't sit well with eveyrone. Think about it this way: Given a chance to do whatever it pleased with Gordon's reinstatement, the league still gave him a stronger punishment (eight games) than the penalty for domestic violence under the new, stronger policy (six times for a first offense). Think about that for a second.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...sion-shows-nfl-still-tone-deaf-155703802.html

Last edited:
yo that bill polian interview yesterday and how he switched it up was crazy.

like espn/roger called him and told him he better switch his stance on the situation or else they'll fade him

It's not ticking me off, your a mod. Supposed to be held to a higher standard.

He's suspended, get over it.
Even of he did come back y'all winning what? 6-7-8 games?

Or write him a letter to stop smokin that loud

I'm a mod, so I'm not supposed to post NFL-related information here :rofl: got it buddy.

LOL. It's the right call. He was suspended under one set of rules. I don't see the logic in absolving him of wrongdoing because a new set of rules are being introduced. He was aware of the previous rules and knowingly  violated them. 

Last edited:
LOL. It's the right call. He was suspended under one set of rules. I don't see the logic in absolving him of wrongdoing because a new set of rules are being introduced. He was aware of the previous rules and knowingly violated them. 

So the other 19 players who are going to get their suspensions absolved under the same set of circumstances do deserve it?

LOL. It's the right call. He was suspended under one set of rules. I don't see the logic in absolving him of wrongdoing because a new set of rules are being introduced. He was aware of the previous rules and knowingly violated them. 

I don't think you understand what the revised drug policy by the NFLPA is supposed to do. It's supposed to instantly reduce or remove any suspension(s) that was handed out due to failing the drug test under THE OLD THRESHOLD/RULES.

Last edited:
AT is right imo. All the guys who broke the rules, not just Josh, should keep their suspensions.

From this point forward use the new rules. I really don't care either way but you shouldn't be reinstated if new rules come out during the suspension.

AT is right imo. All the guys who broke the rules, not just Josh, should keep their suspensions.

From this point forward use the new rules. I really don't care either way but you shouldn't be reinstated if new rules come out during the suspension.

Edit: nevermind, i misunderstood what he's saying

Last edited:
So the other 19 players who are going to get their suspensions absolved under the same set of circumstances do deserve it?
I don't think that any of them deserve it. You broke the rule that existed at the time, and that you were fully aware of. I understand why Gordon isn't being fully absolved since he is at what, his 3rd strike with this stuff? Especially when his people tried to force the NFL's hand with their "2nd hand smoke" leak, you couldn't have possibly expected them to just let that slide right?
I don't think you understand what the revised drug policy by the NFLPA is supposed to do. It's supposed to instantly reduce or remove any suspension(s) that was handed out due to failing the drug test under THE OLD THRESHOLD/RULES.
No, that's not what it's intent is. The intent is to change an outdated policy and in the future, we won't have to waste our time with these suspensions for guys who wouldn't be punished for this. What you're referencing is a negotiable byproduct of the new policy. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom