NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand Smitty may be on the 'decline' but the panthers should've kept him.

You want someone like that on your team, esp with young WRs.

Pretty sure they cut him exactly because of the opposite of this, he was not a good teammate or mentor to others. They wanted to give Cam and the young guys space.

Last edited:
Really? Had no clue? Never heard anything out of Caro bad.

Then again can't say I've kept up with it.

Any panthers fans care to chime in?

Well there was the incident a few years ago where he broke that dude's jaw over basically throwing a tantrum, ended his career as a rookie.

And I remember this year they basically said they wanted it to become Cam's team, get away from Steve's influence etc. or at least that's how it was being interpreted.

Well there was the incident a few years ago where he broke that dude's jaw over basically throwing a tantrum, ended his career as a rookie.

And I remember this year they basically said they wanted it to become Cam's team, get away from Steve's influence etc. or at least that's how it was being interpreted.
Not a rookie, but the fight with Ken Lucas?

Ken Lucas? definitely wasn't a rookie

Tis true. Dave Gettleman, our GM, basically shipped him out of town because he felt that 89 would be a detrimental factor in the locker room, as well as moving forward with truly making the Panthers Cam's team. Which is fine, given that Smitty wasn't gonna take a pay cut (even after not producing like a #1 anymore), but the execution of it was not IMO.

Others, like Jordan Gross, had their jimmies rustled a bit by Gettleman's approach in terms of handling the roster as well. I still believe this played a factor in Gross' retirement, as he was essentially restructured to a 1 yr/$5M deal last year, && his release following the season was all but guaranteed had he not hung em up.

Supposedly, '14 was gonna be 89's last year in the L too, but that tune changed after he signed with Baltimore. Could be the added motivation from being unceremoniously let go, or could be a bit of revisionist history. I think it's more of the latter, however.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik  

Cardboard jokes aside, I met CT from the MTV Challenges at Paramus Park. Dude is a beast.
Originally Posted by JJs07  

After reading about his background, it's no wonder he's bat **** crazy....
Saw him at Uno's once. Didn't "meet" him though, I thought it was best to leave him the hell alone.

Another reason dogs are the best:
This is exactly how I was on Sunday.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime  

repped.. my buddy enjoys himself a fair share of the tv:
"Sup?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom