NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Wallace is reportedly back in Pittsburgh & may get ready to sign his restricted tender. Hope the Steelers can get his deal done. He's earned his dough & he still hasn't reached his prime yet...C'mom Colbert & Khan, get his deal done...

[h1]Michael Vick's contract guarantees shrink after 2012[/h1]
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick suffered another rib injury when he took a shot from New England Patriots defensive end Jermaine Cunningham in the first quarter of last night's preseason game.

For Vick, it was his second injury in as many preseason games as he exited the opener with a left thumb injury. Injuries are nothing new for the 6-foot, 215-pound Vick, who has only played a full 16-game season one time (2006) in his nine-year career.

Given Vick's injury history, the "NFL AM" crew debated whether or not Vick's contract was a mistake.

Vick earned $20 million last season and will make another $12.5 million in fully guaranteed base salary in 2012. If Vick can stay healthy, and leads the Eagles to the playoffs again, the issue will be moot. However, the Eagles will have a decision to make shortly after Super Bowl XLVII.

Next season, Vick's base salary swells to $15.5 million, $3 million of which is currently guaranteed for injury only. If Vick is on the Eagles' roster on the second day of the 2013 waiver period, which is typically two days after the Super Bowl, that $3 million will become fully guaranteed (for skill, injury and cap).

So if Vick has another injury-plagued season, the Eagles could pay him the $3 million he's owed and get out from under the remaining $12.5 million in salary. If Vick stays healthy, but the team is not happy with his performance level or upcoming cap number ($16.9 million), they could release him after the Super Bowl, save $15.5 million and go with Nick Foles, Mike Kafka or a quarterback to be named later.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-shrink-after-2012?module=HP11_headline_stack

Last edited:
Vick should've been used as RB when he came back. He has lots of talent, but not QB skills. I'm always reminded that Kyle Boller (56.7%) has a better career completion percentage then Vick (56%). Vick needed the last 2 years to catch up to Boller which is really sad if you think about it. Gotta hand to Reid though, that dude can sure find QBs for his system...

Vick should've been used as RB when he came back. He has lots of talent, but not QB skills. I'm always reminded that Kyle Boller (56.7%) has a better career completion percentage then Vick (56%). Vick needed the last 2 years to catch up to Boller which is really sad if you think about it. Gotta hand to Reid though, that dude can sure find QBs for his system...
well dude was the "wildcat" QB when he first came back.. and that was the planning going into the 2nd season (only he was the primary backup now too with mcnabb being traded) UNTIL the 1st game against the packers when kolb went down

but you really think dude would have lasted as a RB if he can't even play a full season as a QB

Last edited:
well dude was the "wildcat" QB when he first came back.. and that was the planning going into the 2nd season (only he was the primary backup now too with mcnabb being traded) UNTIL the 1st game against the packers when kolb went down

but you really think dude would have lasted as a RB if he can't even play a full season as a QB

I think if he bulked up & prepared as an RB possibly or maybe like a Chris Cooley H-back-hybrid-like player or something. He just hasn't shown he can play QB consistently at a high level. He can sure run with the ball though.

Your one of the few (possibly the only) level headed Iggle fan (maybe cause your not from Philly - lol). What do you think? Can Vick turn it around & become the QB they need?

so in 2010 when he was in the running of MVP with Brady, he wasn't a better quarterback that Boller? 

when he put on a performance that only he can do on the ******** on that Monday night or when he SINGLE-handedly put his team on his back and beat the Giants at the Meadowlands he deserved to be a running back?

dude has an average year where his top reciever isn't going hard because he's scared to injured and his number 2 was recovering from a severe ailment and the defense was buns but still manages to play at a high level and he doesn't have good QB skills?

he didn't even get "injured" last night, he was sore. If it was a regular season game he would been back on the field. Matter fact in a regular season game Vick doesn't even throw that pass (which D-Jax still should've caught but whatever) he would've ran right up the middle and slide for a 1st down but now dudes ready to get ready to get rid of him?

Reid is a hell of good QB coach tho but still

comeon.png

i'll see ya'll in september 
mean.gif

I was hoping he could get pass the 10,000 yd mark. Best blocking back I've ever seen. Tough as hell.

What do you think? Can Vick turn it around & become the QB they need?
well he has to stay healthy first..

and realistically this is his last year or two with the team anyways (he's 32 and obviously has an injury history).. and my thinking has always been the team would prepare for that by going with a QB in the 1st round in the next draft (there could be a couple pretty good QBs coming out AND a ton of teams are already committed to young guys.. so my thinking is/was a rodgers type situation could happen again this year)

only way i don't see the eagles taking a QB that high in the next draft, is if vick gets hurt this year THEN foles ends up playing and shows something 

Last edited:
Adam Caplan@caplannfl

Vick's MRI and CT scan today revealed no broken bones and no fractured cartilage. It was determined that he has a contusion of his ribs and of the soft tissue area surrounding it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom