Not open for further replies.
That's my boy [emoji]128546[/emoji]
244accn.jpg

First hall of fame bust with braids
zyahpg.jpg

Mark Sanchez booed at scrimmage
Updated: August 3, 2013, 10:03 PM ET
By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- At times, it looked and sounded like last season for Mark Sanchez. He committed a "Butt Stumble," threw an interception and heard boos Saturday night from the announced crowd of 6,000 at the New York Jets' annual Green & White scrimmage.

"I think that's bullcrap," cornerback Antonio Cromartie said of the fans' reaction to his interception of Sanchez on an overthrown deep pass.

Sanchez salvaged an otherwise shaky performance by launching a 57-yard touchdown pass to Stephen Hill on the final play of the controlled scrimmage, countering a solid night by rookie Geno Smith.

Smith completed nine of 16 passes for 77 yards, with no turnovers. The second-round pick got the start and worked mostly with the first-team offense because it was his turn in the quarterback rotation.

He continued to impress with his poise and arm strength, but he led the offense to only three points in four possessions. After seven practices and one scrimmage, the ballyhooed quarterback competition is too close to call.

Coach Rex Ryan said Smith was "absolutely tremendous" on his first drive, when he hit four straight passes before stalling in the red zone. Ryan said Sanchez had "some good moments and some bad moments."

Actually, there were a few bad ones.

Sanchez (6-for-11, 93 yards) stumbled and fell on his rear end while dropping back to pass, a sack that conjured up comparisons to his infamous "Butt Fumble" from last season. He also overthrew a wide-open Clyde Gates in the end zone.

After the interception, the relatively docile crowd groaned and produced a smattering of boos. This was an idyllic summer night in upstate New York; imagine a fall Sunday at MetLife Stadium. Sanchez shrugged it off.

"Oh, shoot, I don't care," said Sanchez, who incurred the wrath of the home fans last season. "That's the way it goes."

To his credit, Sanchez responded with his best throw of the summer, hitting Hill in stride. It was one of three long touchdown passes on the night.

Third-stringer Greg McElroy threw 47- and 70-yard scores to Ryan Spadola and Vidal Hazelton, respectively.

"It was nice to close it that way and finish strong," said Sanchez, who led the offense to 10 points in five possessions.

The Jets have three practices before they open the preseason next Friday in Detroit. Ryan has yet to name his starter for the game.

"This is the beginning stages, if you will, of the competition," Ryan said. "It'll be interesting when we go to Detroit."

Chris Carter's speech was some powerful stuff.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
He dropped a few bars at the tail end of it too.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Cris Carter and Sapp maintained their composure for most of their speeches, which was kinda surprised.

Was pleasantly surprised by Larry Allen's speech.

laugh.gif
@ Allen saying he knew his future wife was the one after she gave him a 40 oz. on their first date

Dave Robinson had jokes galore during his speech.
laugh.gif

didn't even watch the HOF induction ceremony, off of pure saltiness from Strahan not getting in 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

@cruzzz you can't even be mad he's gonna make it eventually probably next year..imagine how tom jackson feels :smh: when cris carter said it hurts not being selected they put the camera on tom :smh: my guy was fixing his tie looking pretty uncomfortable at that moment

lol just realized cris carter's bust has waves :x :rofl: :nthat:

Last edited:
98 Vikings vs. 07 Patriots?

pats easy

That 1st Pats/Giants SB was the only time I was completely devastated by a non-Texan loss. I didn't watch ESPN for like a month after that (little did I know I'd hardly be watching ESPN now). Moss not getting a ring that year was like that Simpsons episode where Lisa ripped Ralph's heart out :lol: :smh:

That's my boy [emoji]128546[/emoji]
244accn.jpg

First hall of fame bust with braids
zyahpg.jpg

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

These HOF speeches are always good

Last edited:
I think they win the division this year.

I really hope so. Every team in the division has some type of issue including the boys, but I think ours are not as bad as the others for one off season we actually have a plan that looks as if it will work. The whole Jason Garret not calling plays thing is completely overblown IMO, and I also believe moving to the Tampa 2 fits our defensive personnel a lot better than Rob Ryan's 3-4. D ware is in camp reportedly looking better at defensive end than he did at outside line backer, if true that's gonna be SCARY for opposing tackles. Dez Bryant looks to have it all together now too, plus the offensive line although a bit dinged actually looks a lot better than last year so im hopeful we can get at least a 2 game swing from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom