News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Looks like two decent science fiction movies being released in 2013 :pimp:
Haven't been too many good ones lately.

Jamie Foxx shockingly opens up big time about playing Electro, costume and more for The Amazing Spider-Man sequel - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2tr
laugh.gif
i see it

i don't understand why these studios continue to recycle actors for these comic book movies, i mean i know of do but still :lol: :smh:

i don't understand why these studios continue to recycle actors for these comic book movies, i mean i know of do but still :lol: :smh:

Name recognition. They'll bet you 120 million that you'll see a movie with a guy you know in it than so random dude you've never seen before

- Former WWE Star Dave Bautista is up for a role as Drax, The Destroyer in the movie “Guardians of the Galaxy,” a major Marvel Comics movie coming out next summer.

Is it fairly accurate with the character? I mean, batista is a big dude.

Last edited:
Wow, this one is a surprise but a great one.

Guillermo del Toro Confirms DC Comics Project Dark Universe

First rumored by Latino Review last fall, IGN has now confirmed with Guillermo del Toro that plans are underway for a DC Comics ensemble film that will star quite a few of the company's supernatural characters. Similar in lineup to the current "Justice League Dark" series, the film version is being developed with the title Dark Universe and has just hired a mystery writer.

"I'm working on it," del Toro says. "I'm writing the outline and we're already in talks with a writer. A very, very good writer. People are probably going to be happy with who we have chosen. He accepted. I've been courting this writer, who I think is the perfect guy for this job. We're doing it. Hopefully it will happen."

The Pacific Rim director goes on to hint that the lineup for the project includes Swamp Thing, The Demon, John Constantine, Deadman, The Spectre and the father/daughter pair of Zatara and Zatanna.

"The movement for this happened before [The Avengers]," del Toro adds about DC building its own cinematic universe. "They were already galvanized to launch 'Justice League' and they were galvanized to make their universe cohesive... They are really, really, with 'Superman', very, very confident with what they have. They are now feeling they have two pillars. Batman and Superman... There's a foundation that now they can build on."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...toro-confirms-dc-comics-project-dark-universe

It would be awesome if they coudl get Keanu to reprise his role as Constantine.

Last edited:
Keanu sucks. :lol:

They wanted to do Constantine 2, but Matrix 2 and 3 just came out before he filmed it.
Everyone was ******** on him so he said, I'm never doing sequels again.

Bill and Ted 3 is coming out this year or next. >D

I liked Keanu as Neo and I liked him as Constantine.

To be honest, a lot of other actors could have done Neo better but him playing just can't make me imagine anyone else pulling it off the way he did.

I get that. When they say they wanted Will Smith for the part, I just think...'99 Big Willie? That'd suck a lot of the seriousness out of the movie, right?

I loved Constantine, though. That was lowkey one of the best comic book movies. The depiction of hell, the action scenes...the gothic style...the angel, the devil, Papa Midnight, Rachel Weisz...even Shia...all of it was just great. Then I hear there won't be anymore, cuz the media wasn't nice about the Matrix sequels. :smh:

If Guillermo's attached, I'd definitely check out another movie in that world. That's right up his alley.

Guillermo is easily one of my favorite directors. Both Hellboy films were very good and I really wish the 3rd one to complete his vision of the trilogy gets done. Pans Labyrinth was simply an amazing film and Pacific Rim is looking very good. Curious what he has planned for the Incredible Hulk TV Show though but with the addition of JL Dark, he'll be a very busy man and everything he is doing, I simply want to see.

And you're completely right about Will Smith playing Neo, after Keanu you just have the feeling it simply wouldn't be the same film. It is weird that such a terrible actor has made that movie his own.

I also agree that Constantine was very underrated, it was done really well and really wished a sequel was made.

Back
Top Bottom