News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

only reason i dont wanna see EOT is cuz of Tom.

for some reason i just dont wanna suppport any of his films

but it aint just about him. i think the Emily is extra sexy ever since i saw Looper so i might go because of her

havnet seen Oblivion

but as far as the premise goes, i anytime the trailer comes on i always think about this........

id rather see Doomsday go thru it , than Tom Cruise

Charlie Cox is Marvel’s Matt Murdock for their Daredevil Netflix series?

I know this guy from a few things, specifically BE; banging Shcroeder and being the other answer to what's in the box. Not seeing him as DD, specifically MM but I'll give it a chance if true.

Last edited:
I thought they were both ok. The villain in Elysium made it better. One of the best sci-fi villains i've seen in a while because he was such a maniac.

I thought they were both ok. The villain in Elysium made it better. One of the best sci-fi villains i've seen in a while because he was such a maniac.
Agreed, although I think I did like Oblivion a bit more, but I did have higher expectations for Elysium going into that viewing.

Last edited:
The expectations were definitely high due to District 9 which was flat out great. Part of the reason why Elysium was simply a dud.

I loved District 9. As a sci-fi fan, we're lucky if we get one solid to great movie every year or two.

I really liked Sharlto Copley in Elysium. It wasn't District 9, but it still had the social commentary and grittiness. I liked the story and I felt like they did a good job of showing the disparity between the classes. The effects and action sequences were dope too. Especially when Matt Damon and Copley would face off.

Charlie Cox is Marvel’s Matt Murdock for their Daredevil Netflix series?

I know this guy from a few things, specifically BE; banging Shcroeder and being the other answer to what's in the box. Not seeing him as DD, specifically MM but I'll give it a chance if true.

This has been confirmed by Marvel.

Marvel is proud to announce that acclaimed actor Charlie Cox has joined "Marvel's Daredevil," an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Best known for his acclaimed work in "Boardwalk Empire" and "Stardust," Cox will play Matt Murdock, the lead role in this all-new Marvel Television series. Blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, Matt Murdock fights against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City.

Marvel's first original series on Netflix is Executive Produced by series Showrunner Steven S. DeKnight ("Spartacus," "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer," "Angel") and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost," "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer," in addition to writing the first two episodes of "Marvel's Daredevil"), along with Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Smallville," "Heroes").

"Marvel's Daredevil" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios.

I'll just wait cause seeing a picture isn't the same as seeing him in action. Lets all learn from the Quicksilver debacle

Last edited:
I'll just wait cause seeing a picture isn't the same as seeing him in action. Lets all learn from the Quicksilver debacle

People are far less likely to question Marvel. Guardians of the Galaxy is the most wary people have been about Marvel Studios and it is still not that bad.

Kevin Smith's theory on JLCU is that they are only ever doing justice league movies. That way there is no " Why is captain America not in this movie even tho the president is being kidnapped" type drama. There would be the small story, and the larger narrative(Like what Marvel is doing with the Infinity Gauntlet) going on at once. It's also less of a comittment with the actors since they can be superheroes and still have careers.

How would you feel about that?

Kevin Smith's theory on JLCU is that they are only ever doing justice league movies. That way there is no " Why is captain America not in this movie even tho the president is being kidnapped" type drama. There would be the small story, and the larger narrative(Like what Marvel is doing with the Infinity Gauntlet) going on at once. It's also less of a comittment with the actors since they can be superheroes and still have careers.

How would you feel about that?
It makes sense for them to take a completely different approach and is a less of a risk financially because you'll always have your stars in each film but I think it'll lead to fatigue quicker... guess it depends on the turn around

The excerpt i saw wasn't really all that clear to me what he meant..

What a gathered was BvS is essentially the JL origins flick and will be Wonder Woman/Batman/Supes centric.. Each film after that will include the entire cast but'll focus on another member (with the bigger picture lining up slowly)? Like JL 2 (GL, Flash) JL 3 (Manhunter) ?

Like how Avengers was an ensemble film but it focused in on Tony growing into a leader

i watched Avengers: Earth's Mightiest heroes on Netflix because it was so highly recommended to me. Quarter way through season 2. I just wanted to say I had doubts about Ant-Man but they could make the movie really cool if they can top this cartoon, which shouldnt be hard at all. Ant-Man is one of my favorite characters in this show, if not my favorite. Tho it aint a 1 to 1 comparison since the movies are using Scott Lang not Hank Pym.

If they do have wasp they can't make her as annoying as this show tho

I wanted to see hank pym because dude offers a different aspect to things.. He's a pacifist.. And that aspect of things flows well with the origins of ultron

He has the best intentions, but it goes horrible wrong because his idea gets absurdly twisted

Back
Top Bottom