News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Have yall seen "Jumper"? That movie had so much potential. Could have been a good trilogy.
Yeah it was good. I liked it. It wasn't great though and it didn't make the money it needed to get a sequel. There were rumors and some info/plans for the story for a sequel a few years ago but clearly that didn't pan out.

It was a notch above a movie like I Am Number 4 but not by much. I put it in the same category as Next and Push. Had a lot of potential, really good concepts and ideas approached at the right angle but the rest that makes a movie great or really good weren't there. I know Jumper was based on a novel so if you really liked it I think there's more books continuing the story.

Last edited:
anyone going to comic con this year ?
nerd.gif
Bought my tickets from preregistration last month :D

Have yall seen "Jumper"? That movie had so much potential. Could have been a good trilogy.
Yeah it was good. I liked it. It wasn't great though and it didn't make the money it needed to get a sequel. There were rumors and some info/plans for the story for a sequel a few years ago but clearly that didn't pan out.

It was a notch above a movie like I Am Number 4 but not by much. I put it in the same category as Next and Push. Had a lot of potential, really good concepts and ideas approached at the right angle but the rest that makes a movie great or really good weren't there. I know Jumper was based on a novel so if you really liked it I think there's more books continuing the story.

same, I liked the movie but whenever I read reviews about it, makes me question my taste in movies. But I stand by the movies you listed and was hoping for sequels on all of them.

I'd put Chronicle up in that list as well, it did really well at the box office making more than it's budget. The latest I read was that the original writer isn't on board the sequel anymore since Fox just wants to rehash the same plot as the first one. Although the writer's original plot for the sequel seems kind of out there but I still would've looked forward to his version of the sequel

anyone going to comic con this year ? :nerd:
Bought my tickets from preregistration last month :D

lucky man, been trying for a few years now to go but never pans out. Had to try using my phone but was disconnected halfway through so had to start over in the waiting room.

Were you able to purchase upto 3 tickets as well or just for your memberID? Might have to settle for NYCC if I'm able to get passes for those too. I wish they'd make reselling these easier but I know the prices will be crazy if it was allowed.

same, I liked the movie but whenever I read reviews about it, makes me question my taste in movies. But I stand by the movies you listed and was hoping for sequels on all of them.

I'd put Chronicle up in that list as well, it did really well at the box office making more than it's budget. The latest I read was that the original writer isn't on board the sequel anymore since Fox just wants to rehash the same plot as the first one. Although the writer's original plot for the sequel seems kind of out there but I still would've looked forward to his version of the sequel
Yeah I'd group Chronicle in there as well. Last I remember about the sequel was that the director/writer wanted the protagonist to be a female villain with powers or something along those lines.

To me though, Chronicle is still very good as a one and done.

Last edited:
Yeah Jumper was set to be a trilogy and that is why it had Diane Lane and Kirsten Stewart in it as cameos, they were suppose to have a bigger role in the sequels. I'm not sure why the sequels didn't get made, technically made $220m worldwide on a $85m budget but this is probably one of the films that didn't greenlit because domestically it still made less than it's budget (only $80m)? I think most of it is due to Hayden and Rachel being terrible for the roles, at least that's my biggest complaint about the film.

Yeah Jumper was set to be a trilogy and that is why it had Diane Lane and Kirsten Stewart in it as cameos, they were suppose to have a bigger role in the sequels. I'm not sure why the sequels didn't get made, technically made $220m worldwide on a $85m budget but this is probably one of the films that didn't greenlit because domestically it still made less than it's budget (only $80m)? I think most of it is due to Hayden and Rachel being terrible for the roles, at least that's my biggest complaint about the film.
Read the book and its 2 sequels
It's :pimp: :pimp:

People still going to these X-flicks even though there are good superhero movies for you to watch? :smh:

The first wolverine was Ghost Rider status. Didn't see The Wolverine but I don't have to. I KNOW it's garbage

Last edited:
People still going to these X-flicks even though there are good superhero movies for you to watch? :smh:

The first wolverine was Ghost Rider status. Didn't see The Wolverine but I don't have to. I KNOW it's garbage
I sorta kinda enjoyed it
Wouldn't pay for it or anything
Netflix it or wait get a free night code from redbox
It's good enough to see that way

I'll admit even though I'd never go to the theater to watch the movies they're worth the dollar to rent and laugh at. With that said wolv 2 was one of the few NOT worth the dollar. That bad. DBZ the movie and the ghost riders were on that level if it paints the picture for you.

I'll admit even though I'd never go to the theater to watch the movies they're worth the dollar to rent and laugh at. With that said wolv 2 was one of the few NOT worth the dollar. That bad. DBZ the movie and the ghost riders were on that level if it paints the picture for you.

How could it be worse than the first one. I wanted to leave the first one. Never have I been in a movie so bad I wanted to straight up leave. I told y'all when they had that adamntium bullets plotline me and my friends died of laughter. I couldn't contain it. That **** was pure comedy. That movie was just as bad as Elektra.

For the most part if I didnt see it in theatres I waited until a watchable version of the film hit torrent sites. With this film if someone asked me to download it I wouldnt even waste the bandwith.

Halle Berry's part in the DoFP is supposedly just cut to one scene. Anna Paquin's was completely outed from the movie but had a scene in the reshoots. Beast can switch forms on demand. This movie will likely be on Wolverine's level :smh:

Saw the preview of that NOAH movie (the guy with the ark from the bible)
No colored folk in the WHOLE movie :smh:

I feel bad for Emma Watson. She basically been typecast as Hermione to the point where she can't get anything worthwhile. Only movie with her in it that I saw was "This is the End"

Any one like 'A league of extraordinary gentlemen'?

I think the only one who enjoyed it and could of been a cool series.

Went back and watched all the X-Men movies. Halle Berry is horrible as Storm. Almost painful..

^Thats what i been saying. Halle Berry is lucky she has a career after all these career blunders. She trulh had no competition tho hollywood has next to no black movie actresses. Black actors are on a come up tho.

She ain't that good of an actress IMO

I think she is better than JLaw who has what? 2 oscars? JLaw is truly only so sought after because everybody loves her personality. Not a songle role she is great in.

I feel bad for Emma Watson. She basically been typecast as Hermione to the point where she can't get anything worthwhile. Only movie with her in it that I saw was "This is the End"

Who says she can't get anything worthwhile? She was good in Perks of Being a Wallflower and she starred in Bling Ring.. she's also gone to school after Harry Potter and is still only 23.. far from being typecast.

Back
Top Bottom