News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

It doesnt matter how good they are. They make a **** ton of cash. Thats all Disney really cares about
You don't know what you're talking about, why keep talking?

IM movies making a ton of cash won't matter if they have to keep paying RDJR 50+ mill to star in them as opposed to paying guys like Evans and Hemsworth a fraction of that. Not to mention they need to make enough money for the studio so that they can expand their phases from more than 2 movies a year.

Then again stuff like Feige's long term plan (under his current contract) along with Whedon for the MCU is probably something you haven't ever read about.

Last edited:
022675.gif

lol. Tell yourself that

Last edited:
You can be the guy that makes the Iron Man 4 thread for phase 4 since you know all Disney cares about is making a ton of cash.

Last edited:
As long as fox has the rights to the X-Men it really doesnt matter who they cast, the movie will still suck. I haven't seen a movie with her in it yet so I cant say. Right now my top choice is Kerry Washington

Truce, truce. :nerd: :lol:

Can this just happen?

Maybe for the in universe reboot after DOFP. FOX will go for a known name if they have to. She'd be great as Storm.

Then again, with Singer still on the X movies they can still end up universe Wolverine centric and thus ******* it up for all other X-Men.

Last edited:
Can Dr. Strange be a household name tho? like IM..

Kids, adults..everyone wants to be Ironman. I don't know if you can say the same with Strange.

The movie needs to be PERFECT in every form IMO

Speaking as a general audience BTW

lol. They will just recast RDJ. You'd be clowning yourself to think otherwise. There are other charismatic actors out there. Even if the new guy doesn't make them a billion the numbers they have been pulling (With the exception of IH and Cap. TFA) have all been impressive.

Once Guardians pulls in Thor 1 numbers you will see that even without RDJ there is no Way IM is doing less than a half a billion. They are not axing that property for Dr. Strange. If anyone needs to get axed it's Cap. But I'll reserve that one for when the Cap numbers are finalized.

Last edited:

Kids, adults..everyone wants to be Ironman. I don't know if you can say the same with Strange.

Nobody wanted to be Starks till the IM film tho. All it takes is one good film and the right actor and people could love Dr. Strange.

To be fair, IM is like a modern Batman so he is easily likable. Really helped that they got RDJ and he perfect for the role but in the end, who doesn't want to have a mech armor and still be a billionaire playboy when you are done playing with that toy?

Dr. Strange will be more difficult to make a household name but not impossible. I was never really deep into Strange's mythos but he does seem more like a spiritual guide to most than that center of the whole team kind of character, he seems to fit like Cap in a way I guess?

Last edited:
lol. They will just recast RDJ. You'd be clowning yourself to think otherwise. There are other charismatic actors out there. Even if the new guy doesn't make them a billion the numbers they have been pulling (With the exception of IH and Cap. TFA) have all been impressive.

Once Guardians pulls in Thor 1 numbers you will see that even without RDJ there is no Way IM is doing less than a half a billion. They are not axing that property for Dr. Strange. If anyone needs to get axed it's Cap. But I'll reserve that one for when the Cap numbers are finalized.
Still missing the point. Still don't know what you're talking about.

:lol: @ IM doing half a billion without RDJR. You must be confused about who made it a billion dollar franchise. Not only that you're still ignoring what's been said but again no surprise there.

Fact is there are no IM sequels planned and RDJR is only signed on for the rest of the Avengers movies. Meanwhile they've subbed in Guardians and are planning a Dr. Strange movie along with Black Panther.

I don't think they're worried about a question like this given Iron Man was a nobody when they did the first movie. It will be a challenge like anything else but not any harder than getting IM off the ground. That movie was a risk to see if things would work and it really was the screenwriter laid out, Favreau direction, and mainly RDJR rejuvenating his career that made it come together. Several movies later, knowing what works and what doesn't while also learning from their competitors failures. Pretty hard for them not to put their best foot forward for Strange.

Last edited:
Why do you keep quoting me as if I am reading what you have to say? Ugh I guess others are paying you attention.

To be fair, IM is like a modern Batman so he is easily likable. Really helped that they got RDJ and he perfect for the role but in the end, who doesn't want to have a mech armor and still be a billionaire playboy when you are done playing with that toy?

Dr. Strange will be more difficult to make a household name but not impossible. I was never really deep into Strange's mythos but he does seem more like a spiritual guide to most than that center of the whole team kind of character, he seems to fit like Cap in a way I guess?
Exactly. Dr. Strange is a tough sell. No way in hell are they axing IM in favor of Strange.

As for "modern" Batman, I think Batman is the modern Batman

Last edited:
Nah, nothing really modern about Batman. He's had practically the same costume and gadgets and vehicle for practically his 75 year life.

Ironmans armor and techs are pretty much all state of the art, the Batcave doesn't even compare. Hell Ironman has gotten Extremis in which the armor literally crawls out of the skin and covers him, Bats tech doesn't comes close to that. There is also a reason why it took so long for IM movie to be made because it really wasn't possible til the tech makes it possible to cgi his armor while Bats has been kicking but in a leotard since the 60s because that is really all you need for Batman.

You are right. IMs tech is far superior but bats tech isnt ancient technology. He has contacts that give him access to similar information/heads up display as starks. The batmobile been through upgrades over the years, nothing nearly as drastic as the IM suits.

I always thought of starks tech as more futuristic with him having the only copies of his inventions and that is how they make it seem like it could be plausible irl. Whereas bats tech is more easily accessible and pretty much just military technology. At least that is how the films play it off.

Bats tech is definitely not ancient but he has been using a grappling hook for 75 years. :lol:

You'd think he'd have a jet pack or rocket boots by now. :lol:

lol that is for when he needs to be stealthy. I bet you can zipline past someone without them noticing

They joked around about this before. Jet packs are simply not economical (he has the batman beyond suit in storage for when it is practical)

Last edited:
There's an episode on the dark knight cartoon DVD that pretty much showed that batman could pretty much whatever he wants but chooses to keeps things fair. He made the bullet defector thing but after it saved him and nearly killed someone else he vowed to only out his life on the line

I know that, it was a joke of course.

To be fair though, IM has a stealth armor too.

Last edited:
There's an episode on the dark knight cartoon DVD that pretty much showed that batman could pretty much whatever he wants but chooses to keeps things fair. He made the bullet defector thing but after it saved him and nearly killed someone else he vowed to only out his life on the line
Sounds stupid as **** but yeah that's Batman, obsessed crazy man that secretly enjoys all of the death and murder of Gotham so he has time to do something and masks it all with honor, not killing, fighting fair, and other bs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom