New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

You out in the Bay?? It's crazy because I'm a hooper first, and I've been to 3 baseball games this year. I think I've been to 3 NBA games in the last 5 years :rofl:

Nah went to B school there/there a lot for business

Let’s grab a drink next time, you in the city? I stay in Palo Alto every other month

Born in NY, raised in the Bay. Had to witness this in person. Great vibes!!! Ended up going Friday/Saturday.
IMG_7464.jpeg
IMG_7513.jpeg
IMG_7430.jpeg
Some of the best food at a ballpark as well.

Just for debates sake.

For Stanton to get into the Hall of Fame, not first ballot. Just eventually. What’s the HR total?

500? 550? 600?

Everyone over 500 falls into 4 categories.
-In already.
-Steroid allegations (Bonds, ARod, McGwire, Palmiero, Manny),
-not eligible yet (all those guys are getting in)
-Gary Sheffield.

My opinion is 500 alone won’t do it because Stanton’s path would be so disjointed if he gets to 500 due to injuries.

So 550 is an eventual. 600 guarantee 1st ballot.

Just for debates sake.

For Stanton to get into the Hall of Fame, not first ballot. Just eventually. What’s the HR total?

500? 550? 600?

Everyone over 500 falls into 4 categories.
-In already.
-Steroid allegations (Bonds, ARod, McGwire, Palmiero, Manny),
-not eligible yet (all those guys are getting in)
-Gary Sheffield.

My opinion is 500 alone won’t do it because Stanton’s path would be so disjointed if he gets to 500 due to injuries.

So 550 is an eventual. 600 guarantee 1st ballot.
I think I agree. He's only 34 but man the last few years have been tough, I'd just be happy if he got to 500 before his contract is up. 550 may get him there, 600 for sure. But he's aging poorly, I don't see either being reachable. Definitely looks better this year so hope he can have a few good years.

I think I agree. He's only 34 but man the last few years have been tough, I'd just be happy if he got to 500 before his contract is up. 550 may get him there, 600 for sure. But he's aging poorly, I don't see either being reachable. Definitely looks better this year so hope he can have a few good years.

I think he will get some level of chance past this contract. Definitely with another team, but because DH is all 30 now, there will be a couple teams that would bring him in if he's cheap. Where as if this was 2000, 2027 probably would be the end.

133 more seems like a lot. But with how he swings a bat, he will always hit a respectable number out, so long as he's playing. Even with how he looks elsewhere as he ages.

I think 600 is unrealistic because it would require 4 more years of 40 a year + whatever he finishes with in 2024.
But 550, it's not totally unrealistic to see him getting the lion's share in the 3 years after this, and then limp across the finish line over another 2 years. If he chooses to play that long.

500 I think is a lock unless he retires before the Yankee deal is done (3 years left).

I think he will get some level of chance past this contract. Definitely with another team, but because DH is all 30 now, there will be a couple teams that would bring him in if he's cheap. Where as if this was 2000, 2027 probably would be the end.

133 more seems like a lot. But with how he swings a bat, he will always hit a respectable number out, so long as he's playing. Even with how he looks elsewhere as he ages.

I think 600 is unrealistic because it would require 4 more years of 40 a year + whatever he finishes with in 2024.
But 550, it's not totally unrealistic to see him getting the lion's share in the 3 years after this, and then limp across the finish line over another 2 years. If he chooses to play that long.

500 I think is a lock unless he retires before the Yankee deal is done (3 years left).
133 seems doable but he has 150 total as a Yankee and he's been here 6 years. He's aging poorly too. I'd bet against it but hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom