New York Yankees @ Baltimore Orioles.... 5-26 to 5-28

Don't blame Hawkins. We weren't expecting much from him anyway. It was an automatic loss and we all knew it.

Blame Kennedy, Orlenoff, Jeter, and of course, the Yankee management.

We had 4 run leads TWICE!

smh.gif

Besides Mo, our bullpen SUCKS.

And it's been that way for a couple of years now...

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Don't blame Hawkins. We weren't expecting much from him anyway. It was an automatic loss and we all knew it.

Blame Kennedy, Orlenoff, Jeter, and of course, the Yankee management.

We had 4 run leads TWICE!

Lead off double by Damon & he doesn't score.... granted it was raining hard but if we would have scored there then Mo saves thegame.

And yeah... up 4-0 & 8-4... and don't win.

All around just a BAD game.

I found someone as bad as Hawkins.... Mike Timlin
pimp.gif

Near 7 ERA, 3 losses already. Blew another 1 tonight in the bottom of the 9th to Seattle.

Yankees remain 6 back in division, 5.5 back in wild card.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

My friend came up with this one.

"How does LaTroy Hawkins get to Canarsie?"
"He takes the L"

laugh.gif

smh.gif

frown.gif

laugh.gif
thats hella filthy
smh.gif

should have kept joba in the bullpen

"It's amazing that Kennedy and Phil Hughes are both on the DL 52 games into the season. They are a combined 0-7 with a 7.99 ERA. TheYankees are 3-12 in the games they have pitched this season, 22-15 in their other games."
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Gosh DAMN

Kennedy to the DL.... pulled his lat.

Joba possibly starting in his spot on Monday (or going Tuesday with Andy on Monday... or someone being called up)

Your bullpen is gonna be the weakness especially if the Yankees are serious about moving Joba to the starting rotation. That whole situation wasn't handledwell, and teams are going to be licking their chops at the sight of Farnsworth, Hawkins, Veras, etc coming out of the bullpen....At least with Joba you knewwhat you were going to get. I am just surprised that no moves have been made to try to bolster up the starting rotation/bullpen....this just doesn't seemlike a Yankees team of old....the type of squad where EVEN with a slow start in the first 1/2 of the season, you would still know that they would make theplayoffs regardless. There is a lot of baseball yet to be played, but I just don't have the same vibe with this year's Yankee team. Missing thepostseason could be a reality.

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Your bullpen is gonna be the weakness especially if the Yankees are serious about moving Joba to the starting rotation. That whole situation wasn't handled well, and teams are going to be licking their chops at the sight of Farnsworth, Hawkins, Veras, etc coming out of the bullpen....At least with Joba you knew what you were going to get. I am just surprised that no moves have been made to try to bolster up the starting rotation/bullpen....this just doesn't seem like a Yankees team of old....the type of squad where EVEN with a slow start in the first 1/2 of the season, you would still know that they would make the playoffs regardless. There is a lot of baseball yet to be played, but I just don't have the same vibe with this year's Yankee team. Missing the postseason could be a reality.

During the radio broadcast of the game, Suzyn Waldman basically said that Hawkins was brought in just so he can fill in a spot in the bullpen while futurerelievers in the farm (they claim they have a few guys being groomed to join the bullpen in the future...I remember some guy named Humberto Sanchez who issupposed to be [or was supposed to be] the next closer after Mariano).
Hawkins is still gonna make his $3.75 million, so I imagine blowing the gamewon't hurt him. But when this season's over, the Yankees will definitely let him walk.

The Yankees could try to bring up Igawa again if he ever shows any improvement (or if the Yankees want to lose a game) or maybe Chase Wright (as long as hedoesn't face Boston
sick.gif
)

But these bullpen woes can still be pinned on the loss of Bruney. I may sound like a broken record but to be honest, I think he was our best set-up man tofill in for Joba when he goes into the rotation, but too bad we won't see Bruney again until August.
frown.gif

Imagine if the Yankees signed David Wells to a one-year deal...
roll.gif

eyes.gif
Any chance that Hank could change his mind about Joba?

P.S. What the hell does anybody see in Ohlendorf?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

eyes.gif
Any chance that Hank could change his mind about Joba?

P.S. What the hell does anybody see in Ohlendorf?
sick.gif

He should only be a one-inning guy, IMO.

They said this on the radio as well last night: when he pitches more than an inning, everything goes flat. Every pitch just hangs out over the plate.

It also could be because he didn't pitch in a week; Wang (another sinker-baller) couldn't throw his sinker well when he had an extra day of rest(when he had that sore calf). But about Ohlendorf, it was something about his pitching delivery in 1+ inning games that caused his pitches to stray from theideal location or something.

We do have relivers in the minors (Traber, Albaladejo) but they are only there because they either sucked or we had to make room for others. Albaladejo isstill on the DL, is he?

Nice work by Andy getting out of that jam.
A win today would be REAL nice.... a sweep by the O's??
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
come on

Mariano Rivera called a bullpen-only closed-door meeting today in Girardi's office. And according to *the* Suzyn Waldman, Rivera was in there for a longtime.

Probably was sonning Ohlendorf and Hawkins...

Jeter strikes again
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

what the hell is wrong with him.... he MUST be hurt because of being hit on the hand

He was 0 for 18 at one point after getting hit

Back
Top Bottom