[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

right now is a bad time to trade Martinez... his stock has dropped significantly ever since he came to the majors. We should just keep him and give him achance to develop.

Rumor has it that lugo is working out for the mets in the DR

Knew they would grab him when the Sox put him on waviers.

Redding may be the one that is released

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

SHUGES, you couldn't be any more wrong, you're going to say some of those guys had chances when hey had no business in the Majors yet? Or had a few games in during September call ups thrown into the fire when there was NO PEN? C'mon man.
That's what I'm saying though Mez. They weren't ready for the majors = no depth in the minors.
Kunz and Niese were brought up last year when we were in the middle of a pennant race and couldn't stick. And now that we're injury-riddled, they STILLcan't make it.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

right now is a bad time to Martinez... his stock has dropped significantly ever since he came to the majors. We should just keep him and give him a chance to develop.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You guys just want to give up on young players, guys who are not major league ready, for a quick fix.

You can't have it both ways if you're not going to have patience, developing a farm system takes time and lots of patience (trial and error).

If I can recall Reyes had some SEVERE injuries the first few years in the majors, they even made him run differently.......he's been fine ever since. Just because someone has some setbacks doesn't mean they will pan out that way their entire career. Fernando is still basically in a AA mentality right now.

SHUGES, you couldn't be any more wrong, you're going to say some of those guys had chances when hey had no business in the Majors yet? Or had a few games in during September call ups thrown into the fire when there was NO PEN? C'mon man.
So did Jay Payton... Look I'm not trying to get burned again. If we can get an all star between the ages of 24-30 I trade Martinez for him ina heartbeat.

Niese should get called up after Redding is released and Livan gets rocked again in his next start. Hell even if Livan doesn't get rocked we should bringup Niese and let him gain some confidence on this level so he can come in next year with some experience. He's been killing in the minors, I think he'sready.

Also, what does it take for Figgy to get promoted? He's been doing very well down in the minors and he would be a nice fresh arm for the bullpen. He shouldbe up here.

What happened to Kunz? I'm a little disappointed with his development this year.

And Lugo...Why, why, why is Omar infatuated with this %%%+$#+ bum? He's been obsessed with him for the past 4 years. There is a reason why the Sox benchedand waived him.

laugh.gif

Ever since Mez used to post that pic last year, I can't help but laugh when I see that name.
LOL oh yeah. I was wondering why the hell i thought of a Snorlax while writing that post.
laugh.gif

Lugo....lol so predictable.

Over 30 - check.
Can't hit - check
Crappy defense - check.
Latino(no racist) - check

Omar says "Sign him up!"

568805113_fef7ebd354.jpg

Very nice by Castillo and Jerry.

FYI....Cora and Pagan are KEEPERS (valuable bench players).

This season can only be taken with a grain of salt with the product we have put out there. I have never seen a team go through this many big players beinginjured, but there are still no excuses although Omar will get a pass because of it.

^^^This dude reads minds. They should've been fired a long time ago.

And Nieve was set to pitch the first no-no in Mets history. BOOOOOOO!

Who started today, just got in.

Tackle football followed by full court bball has me
sick.gif
right now.

Nieve started, 1 2 3 first inning and then strains his quad trying to beat out a throw to first.

Quad strain means this dude's career is done with the Mets medical staff handling him.

Look at Reyes and his slight hammy tear among all the other injuries that have befuddled this team.

Season is OVER OVER OVER OVER

THIS SEASON IS OVER F' THIS TEAM F' EVERYONE>.......

YES IM MAD..... MAYBE IN 2010 WORD TO THE KNICKERBOCKERS

have fun with julio lugo, ladies....
laugh.gif

nah watch him do alright. he just never seemed comfortable in boston.

tired.gif
If Redding is cut for Lugo I will GO NUTS.

He was like the top free agent pickup for this team last year and they never gave him a chance to succeed.

It is hard to find a pitcher in this league with a killer goatee like that.

Sad shame, Sad Shame.
tired.gif
tired.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom