NEW NIKE BARCELONA AD

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

Originally Posted by Otis Dont Play That

yes someone make a better sig than mine please
Ill join... who else is in?
Well just you and me so far
laugh.gif
someone will make a sig I hope

I'd love to join Team Barca but I'm afraid I'll be accused of being a bandwagoner. Barca and Arsenal are my 2 favorite club teams but it kind ofsucks that now a ton of people will jump on the Barca bandwagon. For the record though, I supported Arsenal in the 06 UCL finals.

I REALLY hope that Barca keeps Eto'o for atleast one more season, I cant imagine any other forward leading Barca's attack. Dude has scored a billiongoals for Barca, you'd think they'd show some loyalty to the guy after everything he's done for them.

It'll be interesting to see how 2008-09 Barca will fair against 2009 Real Madrid. Barca's in a tough position right now, they just dominated La Ligaand won the UCL...what can they do to stay ahead of the competition?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I'd love to join Team Barca but I'm afraid I'll be accused of being a bandwagoner. Barca and Arsenal are my 2 favorite club teams but it kind of sucks that now a ton of people will jump on the Barca bandwagon. For the record though, I supported Arsenal in the 06 UCL finals.

I REALLY hope that Barca keeps Eto'o for atleast one more season, I cant imagine any other forward leading Barca's attack. Dude has scored a billion goals for Barca, you'd think they'd show some loyalty to the guy after everything he's done for them.

It'll be interesting to see how 2008-09 Barca will fair against 2009 Real Madrid. Barca's in a tough position right now, they just dominated La Liga and won the UCL...what can they do to stay ahead of the competition?
I love what Eto'o has done for Barca and I would love for him to come back. I think that barca just needs to strengthen their back line andthey will be fine. I still favor them to repeat as La Liga Champions next year. Real Madrid is going to have a much better season tho.

TEAM BARCA IM IN
i got some samples of the upcoming boots for next season dont know if they been posted ill take some pics tomorow
cant wait for them to come to cali aug.1

Anybody want to join "Team Carles Puyol"?
nerd.gif
........ been supporting Barca since I discovered the beauty of soccer in 01, even though most of myfamily had been following Barca from childhood I never really liked soccer until I actually sat down and watched a whole game.... Carles Puyol is fav playerb/c he's a straight leader/ captain and I like his aggressive style of play.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I'd love to join Team Barca but I'm afraid I'll be accused of being a bandwagoner.
...been a Real M fan since the days of Roberto Carlos (RC fan for life) but I'm ditching them this year. What they did right now is nothealthy competition for the sport. Some people might find this hypocritical (the way has Real had their team eversince) but I just find it dumb right now.I'm rather more amused and entertained now with well-balanced teams and teams that have great chemistry.

and to that I'm jumping in the Barca bandwagon for this year. Should Real REALIZE their chemistry sucks down the road I'll prolly go back to supportingthem.

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by ekin805 formally rza9

Originally Posted by bklynboy820

were ronoldino at?

indifferent.gif
for reals
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
fraud of a team...youth academy my butt....etoo alves henry messi were baught...hypocrites.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I can understand you saying eto'o, alves and henry were bought but to put messi on that list is dumb. He played in Argentina with Newell Boys but went to the Barca youth team when he was very young. He was never bought. The rest of their starting lineup cept for Yaya came up from the youth ranks.
dope commercial for sure. i love barca except when they play united. noticed alot of barca fans on nt that have come out of the woodwork sincetheir ucl final win though.

Barca DO have a history of buying though. not anywhere near what real does but they do buy. most of their current starting l came up through the youthranks(iniesta did start his youth career at albacete though...just throwing that out there) but their bench has many bought players. milito, gudjohnson,marquez, pique,hleb, abidal, etc. as far as messi goes yea he came up through the youth ranks. he started at newells and barca agreed to pay for his medicalbills(he had some sort of medical condition as a kid i think).

also some of barcas most famous players of the past that contributed success to the team were bought, ronaldo(from psv..scored 34 goals in 37 apps in1996-1997), maradona played there a few years, the great johann cryuff was bought from ajax, ronald koeman, philip cocu, ramario, hristo stoickov, rivaldo, figo,henrik larsson, ronaldinho, overmaars, deco, i think emmanuel petit was on there too. in 2003 they were even after beckham. i think their president or the onerunning a the time(loaporta?) promised to sign him but real snagged him first or becks prefered madrid. so they got ronaldinho instead. worked out for thebetter.

not trying to criticise barca by any means. love them. love the city of barcelona. great team, great supporters, great stadium. great history. they do have ahistory of buying players though.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by ekin805 formally rza9

Originally Posted by bklynboy820

were ronoldino at?

indifferent.gif
for reals
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
fraud of a team...youth academy my butt....etoo alves henry messi were baught...hypocrites.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I can understand you saying eto'o, alves and henry were bought but to put messi on that list is dumb. He played in Argentina with Newell Boys but went to the Barca youth team when he was very young. He was never bought. The rest of their starting lineup cept for Yaya came up from the youth ranks.
noticed alot of barca fans on nt that have come out of the woodwork since their ucl final win though.
Because most are bandwagon fans. Only reason I never posted or gave any indication of being a Barca was because I rarely ever posted in theS&T outside of my hometown Dallas Cowboy's game threads..... and until recently I discovered there is a small population of NT'ers that actuallycare and follow soccer. Its also hard to talk about your team when the majority follow the EPL. I personally follow La Liga which is an even smaller minority.

Well Ive been a barca fan since around 2004 when I started really watching soccer outside of the premiere league. I already see alot of Real supporters in myarea. Most of them former Manchester United supporters.

It was the first time for me watching Messi and Barcelona playing live on TV at the UEFA Championship. Maybe I have a chance to watch this in person becausethey are coming to the U.S.

The Bay Area's summertime buffet of international soccer got even better Wednesday with the announcement that FC Barcelona, probably the best club team in the world, will play here for the first time.

[h2]More Sports[/h2]

Barcelona, which beat Manchester United 2-0 on May 27 for the UEFA Champions League title, will play Mexican power Chivas in an exhibition at Candlestick Park on Aug. 8.

The match will follow a Major League Soccer duel at 5:30 p.m. between the Earthquakes and defending league champion Columbus Crew.

Officials said Barcelona intends to bring its full roster on its American tour, which also includes stops in Seattle and Los Angeles. The roster includes Lionel Messi, the 21-year-old Argentine who was the MVP of the UEFA competition and is in the running for FIFA World Player of the Year. The team's star-studded lineup also includes Rafael Marquez, Xavi Hernandez, Carles Puyol, Thierry Henry, Samuel Eto'o and Andres Iniesta.

Chivas, whose official name is Club Deportivo Guadalajara, has won a record 11 titles in the Mexican Primera Division, the country's top pro division. The club tied Barcelona 1-1 last year in front of 92,650 fans in Los Angeles.

Tickets, starting at $30, go on sale to the general public Monday following a special sale to Quakes' season ticket holders. They can be purchased by calling (800) 225-2277 or at sjearthquakes.com.

The Bay Area hosts two other international soccer attractions this summer. A CONCACAF Gold Cup doubleheader at the Oakland Coliseum on July 5 pits Panama against Guadeloupe and Mexico against Nicaragua. Two weeks later at Stanford, Club America meets Inter Milan as part of the inaugural World Football Challenge, a six-city tournament.

-SFgate.com

Back
Top Bottom