New HBO series "Ballers" starring The Rock

I signed up for HBO Now and watched this show on my Iphone 6. The service has 30 day free trial, and also right now I don't have a TV or any cable service.It sucks though that HBO Now service won't even let me use and watch the service on my Macbook Pro :rolleyes :smh:

The show though for the pilot and first episode of the new series was pretty dope & entertaining though :pimp:

The show is produced by Mark Whalberg and was directed by Peter Berg. Heck Peter Berg even had a cameo in this episode and played the character of the Miami Dolphins head coach :lol:

I'll continue watching this series. It has great potential.

Edit: HBO Now works on my macbook pro through chrome.I just had to download the app and sign up for service through my iphone 6 first.Now I'm able to log in hbonow.com and watch all the shows through there.

Last edited:
This dude Ricky brings the comedy.

Variant James Harden looking boy. Where did they find this cat? Lol. He needs more screen time.

My man Ryan Merrriman with a cameo. Luck of the Irish. Word to Disney Channel. :pimp:

The NFL was like "these playmakers arent cashin out on our problems, lets end it and make money off the disfuncion ourselves". Now we have 24 hour football coverage 365

Last edited:
A chance to lace up my shoes

a chance to put on my helmet

and once again ball

ball on these *************

:pimp: :lol: :rofl:

only character that made me want to keep watching, see they made him a trojan too :smokin

The show seems like it'll be interesting. Pretty good first episode.

"You wan't me to get some of these funeral ****?" :lol:

Didn't think it was that spectacular. But I will be watching because there is nothing else on right now

Wouldn't be shocked if this sees maybe a Season 2 and that's it.

I'll continue to watch tho.

the only thing that needs to be changed is the intro song.

How did I not notice that is Denzel's son :smh:

the Rock :pimp:

Desean making a cameo is perfect because he is going to be that broke dude after the NFL

Ricky brought the lols ...show could have potential tho , but I think its gonna be too much like entourage

I was surprised they had actual NFL teams in the show

HBO's position is a little different. They don't rely on nfl for ratings whereas espn at the time playmakers was on needed monday night football & nfl for ratings... espn is basically built around the nfl coverage it offers (moreso the nfl over the other leagues).

HBO is kinda taking the "I don't give a eff" with the creative license aspect of using the team logos (but not the nfl logo which doesn't appear in the show).

nfl has no leverage with hbo unless they go press the issue of use with the team logos which has a lot of legal gray area...

side note - Man... The Rock is swoll... :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom