New Common Album 'Invincible Summer' Info

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

i'm all for a positive message, but he needs to untuck his mangina.

lol so true. he hasn't put out an ill album since One Day...

^
ohwell.gif
See 'Like Water For Chocolate' and 'BE'

I actually liked Electric Circus, so if it comes out like that than I'll be more happy than I was with FF.

hm, I liked FF...with the exception of a couple songs on there I thought it was a pretty good album...and I've liked everything else he's done soI'm pretty excited to have a new Common album coming out...

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Kanye and Common never was a good match to me.

Really? REALLY???
People have different opinions but damn, pretty much everyone would agree that their collaboration is the best thing to happen toCommon's career in the past 5 years. The entire BE album was ill!

BE was absolute FIRE.

But kanye is losing it (I honestly don't ever think he had it, he's really just a brand name)...I think that's the real reason Common is lookingfor something more "fresh".

Common's last album was meh...

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

(I honestly don't ever think he had it, he's really just a brand name)
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
Kanye = ghostwriter + ghostproducer. Point blank period.

Dude is a brand name producer (i.e. Timbo, Dre, Just Blaze etc.), that Jay-z invented. Artist...I mean record companies pay for his name to be on hisrecord, not his production. That's what a brand name producer is. Jay-z has made MAD money off this dude through marketing, and kanye has benefitedMUCH...
And don't take ghost producer as in he doesn't actually produce, because he does...but w/o most of his ghostproducers (which he even talksabout in interviews) I don't think he'd be all that...c'mon now...Stronger was wack to me in a way, nothing genius like ppl make it out to be. Itwas a good production(song) but so simple(beat)
smh.gif

I just think his beat making skills don't match his producing.

^What a horrible quote that is
laugh.gif

As for dude who said he hasn't made good since 'One Day..'. you're crazy. LWFC is classic. And 'Be' was also an excellent album.

Been a Common fan...got every album. Back when he had to change his name from Common Sense to just Common.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

FF was a veggie burger . . . This %%@* sounds like its gonna be a techno veggie burger . . .

I swear Common was my fav living rapper, but he's just been on that coffee shop %%@* a lil too much . . . I remember when dudes was mad at him after OneDay . . . By the time LWFC hit, the Resurection fans was damn near ALL gone . . . EC wasn't my thing, BE was pretty good, kinda like some side salad %%@*tho, then FF was a veggie burger all day . . . Com seems to be takin that same route again . . . I doubt I'll be around for this round . . . I'm gonnahave to hit Muhammed for this one . . .

Originally Posted by So Fresh and So Clean

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Kanye and Common never was a good match to me.

Really? REALLY???
People have different opinions but damn, pretty much everyone would agree that their collaboration is the best thing to happen to Common's career in the past 5 years. The entire BE album was ill!

Nah...Common and DILLA was the best match. Kanye gave that man more popularity, but Kanye and Common was to pop (in reference to his past albums)...Commonand Pharrell? I haven't decided on that one, but I probably wont and see how the product sounds.

Make My Day" feat. Cee-Lo<-----------finaF***IN-LY! Cee and Common always make magic on a track. As for the album.....I'll see what happens,although I actually really enjoyed Electric Circus. Hopefully its a crossbreed between EC and Be

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

FF was a veggie burger . . . This %%@* sounds like its gonna be a techno veggie burger . . .

I swear Common was my fav living rapper, but he's just been on that coffee shop %%@* a lil too much . . . I remember when dudes was mad at him after One Day . . . By the time LWFC hit, the Resurection fans was damn near ALL gone . . . EC wasn't my thing, BE was pretty good, kinda like some side salad %%@* tho, then FF was a veggie burger all day . . . Com seems to be takin that same route again . . . I doubt I'll be around for this round . . . I'm gonna have to hit Muhammed for this one . . .
this is how i feel. LWFC was soft, so was BE. My opinion won't change. I remember when One Day... dropped, I remember everyone liking that albumthough.

Whats up with all this vegi and salad talk?
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I can't believe the hate on LWFC, seriously. That album is mind blowing; has some of his best material on there. I understand about not liking'Electric Circus', its truly not for everyone but even with that said, it still carries some great work such as 'Aquarius'. Always felt likethats one of his best tracks to date. As for 'Be', I'm with AirAnt..I don't see how the album can be considered bad. As for FF, I just feltlike it was an effortless album.

Back
Top Bottom