Never Understood Why This Album Got So Much Hate On NT... (Vol. HKL > AG)

the chorus of the song Hard Knock life is addicting to
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

where is it a sample from? i swore i heard it before.

No way is Vol.2 > Vol.3

Its impossible. I have to agree with seymore. Like the last 3 or 5 tracks on Vol 3 outshine Vol 2 totally. "A&Rs had me feeling like Moss in thedraft"
And AG is a classic, that might be the best collection of beats hes ever had. Cant believe IM saying this, but I think they might be better beats top to bottomthan Blueprint. Except for Momma Loves Me.

^Thats fair enough for what u consider a classic...I wont challenge Blueprint status as a classic album because its mutiple factors that make that albumclassic

Ill take him having 2 classics which is the obvious... but TBA n AG are great albums that minus the intangibles BP1 produced (Careers for Kanye, Just Blaze,Nas Beef) are very on par with that album both lyrically n musically...so to me personally....He Has Four Classic albums

HKL is in his lower 5 with KC, BP2, and Dynasty and BP3(as of now)

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Jay has 2 classics...

Stop fronting Nay, I've seen you say Black Album is a classic on here many times before.

nerd.gif

I know its popular on NT to call any album thats GOOD/GREAT a classic and all...

For what its worth its 4.5/5 in my book...

What are the weak tracks IYO?

Your gun is my gun, your clip is my clip. Your fun is my fun, your %%$*$ is my %%$*$.

On another note Jay has 3 classics 4 depending on how you feel about AG

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

Jay has 2 classics...

Stop fronting Nay, I've seen you say Black Album is a classic on here many times before.

nerd.gif

I know its popular on NT to call any album thats GOOD/GREAT a classic and all...

Threat - 4/5 ... Beat is redundant.
Moment Of Clarity - 3.5/5... Beat is redundant
Justify My Thug - 3.5/5... Beat is redundant...

There's NO truly AWFUL songs on there, but outside of "Allure"/"What More Can I Say"/"PSA" there arent anyTRULY amazing joints either... Its obviously still a great piece of work...

smh at people who think a 4.5/5 album shouldn't be considered a classic under any circumstances
Can't an album JUST be great?? Does it have to be regarded as a classic for some of you to sleep better @ night?? I mean if EVERY 4.5 albumwas considered a classic Prodigy would have like 4...

its a 4.5/5 THATS why its not a classic...

The term "Classic" is losing it luster already, and now he have kids tryin to pass of 4.5/5 as classics... Its only a matter of time until someonestarts complaining about 4/5 NOT being considered classics
smh.gif

but my point is that it is wrong to assign numbers to make an album a classic album. more times than not there are other factors that can influence whether analbum is a classic or not. Basically, you are giving too much credit to the word "classic". I think it's a shame we can't say an album isclassic anymore unless EVERYTHING ON THE ALBUM IS PERFECTION AND IT IS 5/5 ALL AROUND. gimme a break...

for example, is it REALLY so wrong to say that It Was Written is a classic album? Really? I mean I know its not THE PERFECT RAP ALBUM but I can throw thatalbum on front to back at any time and be so genuinely satisfied and emotionally involved in it. To me, that's what makes something classic and I have noproblem with people saying so-and-so album is a classic when most would disagree, unless its SO blatant to the point where the album isn't even good

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

Jay has 2 classics...

nerd.gif

There's NO truly AWFUL songs on there, but outside of "Allure"/"What More Can I Say"/"PSA" there arent any TRULY amazing joints either... Its obviously still a great piece of work...

I think December 4th is pretty amazing, My 1st Song is also a pretty strong track IMO.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

but my point is that it is wrong to assign numbers to make an album a classic album. more times than not there are other factors that can influence whether an album is a classic or not. Basically, you are giving too much credit to the word "classic". I think it's a shame we can't say an album is classic anymore unless EVERYTHING ON THE ALBUM IS PERFECTION AND IT IS 5/5 ALL AROUND. gimme a break...

for example, is it REALLY so wrong to say that It Was Written is a classic album? Really? I mean I know its not THE PERFECT RAP ALBUM but I can throw that album on front to back at any time and be so genuinely satisfied and emotionally involved in it. To me, that's what makes something classic and I have no problem with people saying so-and-so album is a classic when most would disagree, unless its SO blatant to the point where the album isn't even good

IMO an album can be perfect and not exactly a classic, as an album could be imperfect and STILL be a classic... But if an album 4.5/5 itsOBVIOUSLY neither...

When I think of the word "Classic" its somethin that sets a certain period of time in STONE... Its not only a great piece of art, its also a referncepoint for a certain period of time... When you think of 03, GRODT owned that year...

IWW is nowhere near a classic... Lets be real, people OVERRATE that album because NaS made it, had a mediocre rapper like AZ made that !@%@ it would beconsidered decent @ best (considering AZs music completely SUCKS BALLS anyway)

I don't have RD as a 5/5 album, but I would consider it a classic.

After Can I Live, RD falls off IMO.

I'm not saying the back half is bad, it just isn't up to par with the first 8 tracks.

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
damn. Now we got dudes sayin' that Volume 2 > BP3.

BP3 hate is at an all-time high.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
10 years from now it'll be BP3 > over whatever Jay puts out next
I hope to any and everything this *%%$% is not rapping in 10 years

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
damn. Now we got dudes sayin' that Volume 2 > BP3.

BP3 hate is at an all-time high.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
10 years from now it'll be BP3 > over whatever Jay puts out next
I hope to any and everything this *%%$% is not rapping in 10 years

Camel is about 4 or 5 years away from a stroke... No way he makes it another 10 years... He'd have to be takin the SAME vitamins Magic Johnson has...

The problem is that we all compare Jay's albums with his own albums.

It's the same reason people front on Blueprint 3.

No BP3 is just trash.

People say Vol. 2/3 are fronted/hated on. I don't see it. Yeah it's not talked about as much as BP or TBA but whenever I see it rated it'sconsistently given a 3.5 - 4 which is appropriate.

A lot of albums being thrown around in this thread...

Regarding the title, I'd take AG over Vol 2... Easily. AG may not be a classic, but I think it's better than Vol 2.
AG is in Jay's top 5 I think... I couldn't fit Vol 2 into his top 5.

With Dynasty compared to Vol 2... I'd take Vol 2 over Dynasty.

Dynasty > BP3 > Vol 3.

I'd put KG as Jay's worst with Vol 3 runner up.

Back
Top Bottom