Never take your car to Midas. Vol Oil all over

Do your own change. Its cheaper and you get better quality. If you know what your doing. Its easy though, I know women who can do it.

This too. Be proactive and don't stall with these guys

Exactly.

Be persistent. I've literally seen people get Thousands of dollars worth of stuff for Lil things they fabricated into BIG things. Not saying your situation is little but you definitely can get what you want outta these guys. Hell you can get a new car if you hit the right spot.

This too. Be proactive and don't stall with these guys

Exactly.

Be persistent. I've literally seen people get Thousands of dollars worth of stuff for Lil things they fabricated into BIG things. Not saying your situation is little but you definitely can get what you want outta these guys. Hell you can get a new car if you hit the right spot.

I'll look into Better Business Bureau. Also, I'm not sure whether I need a lawyer or not.

Midas is the worst. They are scumbags. There's one within walking distance for me so I only took it there for inspection because I could walk home from the shop. He tried to tell me I needed like $2000 in repairs so then I say "what does it need to pass inspection", he says "new brake pads and rotors", so it was like $250-350 altogether.

I was ready to go down there and punch him in the mouth. He had been talking all this mess about brake fluid, bearings, spark plug wires, etc, etc. Fool would have tried to sell me a new engine and transmission.

Never again will I go to a MIdas no matter what the circumstances.

Your car didn't need those things?

Nope, car was fine. I got the brakes changed and I was good for like 2-3 years until the ****** started acting up and that's when I got rid of the car.

Also, the car was only worth maybe $4K at that point.

Last edited:
Jiffy Lube tried that BS with me a couple years back went for an oil change. I recently maybe a week before the visit change my engine and cabin filters by my self and my windshield wipers. Homeboy said I need all three changed because they were dirty/worn out I looked at him dead in the eye and :lol: these guys will take advantage of you if you don't know at least some stuff about cars

Last edited:
you need to take your car to someone knowledgeable so you at least know what exactly is wrong with it now

your car working properly is the most important part, right?

Midas and Pep boys, two places a man or woman should always avoid in the lives
mean.gif
mean.gif
QFMFT

Went to Pep Boys to get my allignment done. Thought it'd be real quick & easy, in & out in hr or two.

Nope.

When I leave, I'm diddy boppin feelin good, my car's fixed, I'm gucci.

Then I start hearing a F'in grindin noise 5 min out.

Take it back & told them to look at it.

The dumbas mechanic lowered my ishh so much my boot started grinding with my ball joint & it tore.(I think that was the problem, it was the boot for sure though)

They offered to fix the problem they made at a discount.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mean.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Didnt want to get in a battle to fix my ishh bc I just spent a grip fixing the engine(Head Gasket) & wasnt about to take the chance of them F'in my car up as revenge .

So I took my L, bought two new axles & had them installed at a Mom & Pop.

I did learn about axles, boots, & ball joints. Expensive lesson though.

No, but you're less of a man if you pass on the opportunity to learn.

Its relatively easy. All you need is an oil pan (to catch the oil,) a socket wrench, and of course some new oil. If you're replacing the filter, a couple more things.
I dont have a daddy
frown.gif
Same here & I still learned. No excuses.

Mechanics overall are schemers... They gonna get you anywhere whether a franchise or local shop

things happen at every shop i took my car in for a routine oil change on june 07 and there head mechanic hit a pillar with my car....the dealership (SEWELL CADILLAC) called me and i already knew that something had happened to my car since my service adviser kim wasn't the one that called (she's the one thats been helping me for the last 9yrs).. i picked up the ph and as soon as i heard a dudes voice i automatically said something happen to my car  the dude started laughing and he said yea how you know..i responded with ITS NOT FUNNY WHY YOU LAUGHING... i drove up there and they was all like we drug tested the guy and he tested positive for cocaine so we fired him.... besides fixing it  they offered me a full year of free maintenance i laughed and told him all my maintenance is covered up to 75000 miles (i don't even have 30000 miles on the car) 

Last edited:
View media item 1049931

View media item 1049925
View media item 1049926
View media item 1049928things happen at every shop i took my car in for a routine oil change on june 07 and there head mechanic hit a pillar with my car....the dealership (SEWELL CADILLAC) called me and i already knew that something had happened to my car since my service adviser kim wasn't the one that called (she's the one thats been helping me for the last 9yrs).. i picked up the ph and as soon as i heard a dudes voice i automatically said something happen to my car  the dude started laughing and he said yea how you know..i responded with ITS NOT FUNNY WHY YOU LAUGHING... i drove up there and they was all like we drug tested the guy and he tested positive for cocaine so we fired him.... besides fixing it  they offered me a full year of free maintenance i laughed and told him all my maintenance is covered up to 75000 miles (i don't even have 30000 miles on the car) 
Damn so what did u do? They ever fix your car?

i called them on friday and they gave me a stupid *** update... talking about their insurance is giving them a hard time because the guy tested dirty i was like what in the hell that got to do with my car you have a collision center there whats the big deal they said they still have to use their insurance.. they gave me a loaner and a $200 gift card for gas when the accident first happened so i told them friday to give me another gift card  and they did for $250....
mad.gif
 said it was going to take 2 more weeks

Last edited:
i called them on friday and they gave me a stupid *** update... talking about their insurance is giving them a hard time because the guy tested dirty i was like what in the hell that got to do with my car you have a collision center there whats the big deal they said they still have to use their insurance.. they gave me a loaner and a $200 gift card for gas when the accident first happened so i told them friday to give me another gift card  and they did for $250....>:
Damn bruh I feel for u man

Mand that's a nice *** caddy from what I see from the pics , I'll put one in the air for you next time I spark up [emoji]128077[/emoji]

i called them on friday and they gave me a stupid *** update... talking about their insurance is giving them a hard time because the guy tested dirty i was like what in the hell that got to do with my car you have a collision center there whats the big deal they said they still have to use their insurance.. they gave me a loaner and a $200 gift card for gas when the accident first happened so i told them friday to give me another gift card  and they did for $250....>:  said it was going to take 2 more weeks

You got a loaner and $450 so far, not bad in my opinion as long as the loaner isn't a piece of junk.

they gave me a 2014 escalade...lol my girl had just got back from boston this past sunday and she wanted to get it in i hate having sex in cars but i said **** it cuz she was being aggressive... i pulled over in a closed ice cream shops parking lot and got it in i busted one all over there back seats  

You got a loaner and $450 so far, not bad in my opinion as long as the loaner isn't a piece of junk.

I agree with you.

Things aren't all bad that sucks that happened to your car but don't let it mess with your weekend :pimp:

View media item 1050032they gave me a 2014 escalade...lol my girl had just got back from boston this past sunday and she wanted to get it in i hate having sex in cars but i said **** it cuz she was being aggressive... i pulled over in a closed ice cream shops parking lot and got it in i busted one all over there back seats  

Smh they're going to have the car detail guys to clean that up.

Last edited:
i go to the nissan dealership, let them run the 15 point inspection and tell me everything that is wrong, then i go to a mom and pop shop and get it done for half the cost.

i go to the nissan dealership, let them run the 15 point inspection and tell me everything that is wrong, then i go to a mom and pop shop and get it done for half the cost.

Lexus had a free special for inspecting the car and thats what i did. Plan to buy the parts off ebay and get a smaller shop to do the job

Back
Top Bottom