Never Really Believed It Would Happen At My Bank... (Robbery)

So I just picked my part time job back up at my bank ... I'm a teller/relationship banker when need be, and I get compensated well ... HOWEVER, I do notget paid to experience thinsg like this ... So I just walked out from the break room, and sit down at my little teller window and call a client up, I'm inthe process of doing a transaction when someone screams call 911 ... I look up and sure enough one of our commercial clients gets pieced across the face and ahusky dude starts running away ... Quick crack thinking I run out after him and then I think and say hmmm dont really know if dude is armed so I fall back ...I make sure the client is ok and then watch the dude jog away nonchalantly ... this dumb%$!! dude doesnt realize we have a fed building across the street ...sure enough, about 20 minutes later the feds come in saying he got caught and he only got away with 1 grand ... I was questioning the feds urgency cuz theywere just walkin like it was nothin, then they explained it, DUDE DROPPED HIS CELL PHONE ... ... ... anyways, bank manager was kinda mad i didnt run after dudebut im like stoneface ...

cliff notes...
-I work at a bank
-One of our clients got robbed
-I run out after the robber
-He drops all the money and his cell phone
-I fall back cuz I dont know if hes armed
-Manager lookin at me like I'ma sucker or something

grin.gif
i dont even think the security guards are supposed to run after some1nevermind a teller....tell your manager this aint a movie-

i wouldnt be dying for anybodys insured money

You know NT is gettin worse and lazy when the dude needs a sparknotes version of a one paragraph story
laugh.gif

But u didnt do anything wrong. There's no reason to try being a hero unless the situation calls for it. This situation obviously didn't since the dudegot caught anyways. And you said the cops are right across the street, so why the hell would you have to try stopping the guy. As long as you got the cops andcooperated with them then u did ur job.

BOOOO!! I thought you were about to talk about how you got held up and had to hand over all the money.

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

So I just picked my part time job back up at my bank ... I'm a teller/relationship banker when need be, and I get compensated well ... HOWEVER, I do not get paid to experience thinsg like this ... So I just walked out from the break room, and sit down at my little teller window and call a client up, I'm in the process of doing a transaction when someone screams call 911 ... I look up and sure enough one of our commercial clients gets pieced across the face and a husky dude starts running away ... Quick crack thinking I run out after him and then I think and say hmmm dont really know if dude is armed so I fall back ... I make sure the client is ok and then watch the dude jog away nonchalantly ... this dumb%$!! dude doesnt realize we have a fed building across the street ... sure enough, about 20 minutes later the feds come in saying he got caught and he only got away with 1 grand ... I was questioning the feds urgency cuz they were just walkin like it was nothin, then they explained it, DUDE DROPPED HIS CELL PHONE ... ... ... anyways, bank manager was kinda mad i didnt run after dude but im like stoneface ...

cliff notes...
-I work at a bank
-One of our clients got robbed
-I run out after the robber
-He drops all the money and his cell phone
-I fall back cuz I dont know if hes armed
-Manager lookin at me like I'ma sucker or something

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
glad you're ok though

Your title is a tad misleading, YOU didn't get robbed, you ran after someone else's money. I admire your effort, but you had no responsibility to chaseafter him so the manager can just be quiet about that.

But yeah, I thought that you were gonna have been robbed or have had something stolen. I was gonna relate because I JUST had my stereo and speakers stolen frommy car at school or how my brother had his Integra stolen recently.

anyways, bank manager was kinda mad i didnt run after dude but im like stoneface ...
I've been in retail banking for the past 3 years and you are never supposed to run after the damn robber. Report him.

But a cool thing about banking is, if you are the teller that gets robbed, they give you compensation money depending how bad it was. Most robberies arent likethe movies, just mostly passed notes and stuff.

I thought it was the policy of most places not to pursue the thief. Anyway where did this happen?

my bad on the title, i was kinda referring to like me working at the bank where someone got robbed ... I done seen robberies and been involved in robberieslike person on person, but like robbin banks is big business and now the feds told me that dude confessed everything ... he claims he was gonna wait till thedeposit was made and stick up the branch but then dude was carrying the bag so carelessly that he went for it lol

and as for my manager ... its not like hes deliberately telling me i should have done something, it was sort of like a man thing ... lookin at me like with ascoff ... i dunno im just gettin that vibe from him ... if he says anything specifically ima kirk

yeah dont ever chase after the robber. you run up to the door and lock it when they're gone, just in case the cops are nearby and dude decides to run backinside and hold ALL of yall hostage. i got robbed as a teller supervisor back in '02, dude got away with 14 g's. he had a gun but never pointed it,just held it over the counter pointing downwards.

its not your job to run after clients. thats what insurance is for i presume. tell your boss to step off

Remind me of the line from HEAT, when DeNiro says something like "We're not here for YOUR money, we're here for the banks money. YOUR money isfederally insured..."

Good thing you aint run after him....Playing catch therobber and going after a Husky dude running =

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

anyways, bank manager was kinda mad i didnt run after dude but im like stoneface ...
I've been in retail banking for the past 3 years and you are never supposed to run after the damn robber. Report him.

But a cool thing about banking is, if you are the teller that gets robbed, they give you compensation money depending how bad it was. Most robberies arent like the movies, just mostly passed notes and stuff.
I've been at my bank for 2 years now and it's company policy to NEVER EVER pursue a robber. All you have to do is take mental notes about whathe or she looks like. Report your manager.

you coulda got done up like that scene in "4 brothers" when dude got hit with the snowball and ran outside and got riddled with bullets.

Back
Top Bottom