Need your Advice NT, What to major in for College!?

If you are up for it, try engineering.

Sure it's tough, but if you find your way into the oil field, you will make mad bank from the start! 
smokin.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Great advice on engineering and indeed it is and will continue to become more and more important and personally I think the amount of business majors is too high compared to the number of engineers, but regardless of a 60K salary I seriously suggest you contemplate and decide what you may want to do, simply because in my opinion your salary won't ever be high enough to compensate a job you hate to do and the feeling you get when you have to go to an office which you hate 5 days a week for 40 years...

pick what makes you happy but also realize that its not just about what you do in the classroom. too many people go to college and think that is enough to get them where they want to be. life is more than just about learning theory in some classroom.

intern, intern intern...can't stress that enough. also, try to tap whatever networks you can while in school. sometimes its not the grades you make, but the hands you shake (but def don't slack on your studies).

Back
Top Bottom