Need ya'll opinion: Who's the best wireless carrier? Vol. thinkin of switchin...

Well, I've had the same number and carrier (AT&T) for the last 13 years, BUT....I think it's time to switch.

My wife and I have a 1400-minute plan ($89.99 + $10 for her), unlimited texts ($30), unlimited data ($30--still on the grandfathered plan), and with taxes included, it equals a whopping $180-$190 a month, depending on what new taxes they decide to create for that billing period.

I THINK I'm being screwed, but I'm not sure because I have no idea what's out there....am I?

Who, in terms of phone selection, available plans, customer service, etc. is THE best carrier out there? I know "best" is a subjective term since everyone is obviously going to have their own opinions, but I need to do some major cost-cutting, and wireless service is first on the chopping block.

If you DO mention a particular carrier, please explain why, and what plan/features you currently have.

Thanks for all the help in advance....

Well, I've had the same number and carrier (AT&T) for the last 13 years, BUT....I think it's time to switch.

My wife and I have a 1400-minute plan ($89.99 + $10 for her), unlimited texts ($30), unlimited data ($30--still on the grandfathered plan), and with taxes included, it equals a whopping $180-$190 a month, depending on what new taxes they decide to create for that billing period.

I THINK I'm being screwed, but I'm not sure because I have no idea what's out there....am I?

Who, in terms of phone selection, available plans, customer service, etc. is THE best carrier out there? I know "best" is a subjective term since everyone is obviously going to have their own opinions, but I need to do some major cost-cutting, and wireless service is first on the chopping block.

If you DO mention a particular carrier, please explain why, and what plan/features you currently have.

Thanks for all the help in advance....

First of all, are you using all 1400 of those minutes between the two of you? Mind you, night, weekend, mobile to mobile (ex: T-Mo to T-Mo, not T-Mo to ATT) minutes don't count towards that 1400. That should be the first area you cut costs on.

Most carriers have similar plans. As of right now, Verizon and Sprint have the best lineup of phones, but they're very slightly more expensive. If it isn't a big deal to you (say, if you use a Blackberry or don't want a top of the line Android phone) go for T-Mobile.

Right now my family and I are paying around $100 for 4 lines, 700 minutes a month, unlimited text, and two $10 internet plans.

First of all, are you using all 1400 of those minutes between the two of you? Mind you, night, weekend, mobile to mobile (ex: T-Mo to T-Mo, not T-Mo to ATT) minutes don't count towards that 1400. That should be the first area you cut costs on.

Most carriers have similar plans. As of right now, Verizon and Sprint have the best lineup of phones, but they're very slightly more expensive. If it isn't a big deal to you (say, if you use a Blackberry or don't want a top of the line Android phone) go for T-Mobile.

Right now my family and I are paying around $100 for 4 lines, 700 minutes a month, unlimited text, and two $10 internet plans.

i'm pretty sure you're getting dicked.

i have a similar plan on Verizon Wireless: shared 2000 minutes + unlimited text ($120/month), 1 unlimited data ($30/month), 3 lines (additional 2 @ $10/month, in addition to my primary line)

each number also gets this "pick 10" any 10 US # you can have unlimited talk with, mobile to mobile (VZW to VZW) unlimited calling, nights and weekends unlimited.

per month:
120 + 30 + 10 + 10 + taxes = < $190

and i thought that was expensive to pay for the "most reliable network" (best connectivity and call quality)

for what you're paying, just go to Verizon. you already know the reputation.

i'm pretty sure you're getting dicked.

i have a similar plan on Verizon Wireless: shared 2000 minutes + unlimited text ($120/month), 1 unlimited data ($30/month), 3 lines (additional 2 @ $10/month, in addition to my primary line)

each number also gets this "pick 10" any 10 US # you can have unlimited talk with, mobile to mobile (VZW to VZW) unlimited calling, nights and weekends unlimited.

per month:
120 + 30 + 10 + 10 + taxes = < $190

and i thought that was expensive to pay for the "most reliable network" (best connectivity and call quality)

for what you're paying, just go to Verizon. you already know the reputation.

to be honest as far as available plans, and customer service go AT&T and Verizon are as good as it gets imo. Whatever you do DO NOT get tmobile. Dealt with
their horrible service for 2 years. I'd say go with Verizon since you have AT&T... it'll be a tad bit more expensive but one of the best carriers overall.

to be honest as far as available plans, and customer service go AT&T and Verizon are as good as it gets imo. Whatever you do DO NOT get tmobile. Dealt with
their horrible service for 2 years. I'd say go with Verizon since you have AT&T... it'll be a tad bit more expensive but one of the best carriers overall.

You need to ask yourself the question, "Who has the better coverage in my area?"  That's what counts IMO.  It'd make no sense to go to a carrier with crap reception.  Just research who has the better coverage in your area, it's different everywhere. 

You need to ask yourself the question, "Who has the better coverage in my area?"  That's what counts IMO.  It'd make no sense to go to a carrier with crap reception.  Just research who has the better coverage in your area, it's different everywhere. 

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Oh, I know...I don't plan on gettin a Boost Mobile phone or anything like that! BUT, at the same time, I'm pretty sure they're gettin over on me.

Purplenurple: Good point... I really need to go thru and analyze WHO I call and who they're with, and switch up my A-list as well. I just figured even with 1400 mins, for 2 damn people, that's a lot of damn money

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Oh, I know...I don't plan on gettin a Boost Mobile phone or anything like that! BUT, at the same time, I'm pretty sure they're gettin over on me.

Purplenurple: Good point... I really need to go thru and analyze WHO I call and who they're with, and switch up my A-list as well. I just figured even with 1400 mins, for 2 damn people, that's a lot of damn money

I can't say that T-Mobile has the best coverage because well, they don't. But if you're in a major city, which I think you are, you should be good to go. I have no problems with them at all. And the phone selection is finally getting better.

I pay what you pay now for unlimited everything for two lines--minutes, texts and data/web. And that price includes insurance on 2 smartphones. Not too shabby IMO.

I can't say that T-Mobile has the best coverage because well, they don't. But if you're in a major city, which I think you are, you should be good to go. I have no problems with them at all. And the phone selection is finally getting better.

I pay what you pay now for unlimited everything for two lines--minutes, texts and data/web. And that price includes insurance on 2 smartphones. Not too shabby IMO.

Sprint has the best plans for the best prices. One of the best things about their plans is their free mobile to mobile, doesn't matter what carrier. I don't think I know anyone that still has a landline phone, so I could go with their cheapest minute plan and still not come close to using all those minutes.

Sprint has the best plans for the best prices. One of the best things about their plans is their free mobile to mobile, doesn't matter what carrier. I don't think I know anyone that still has a landline phone, so I could go with their cheapest minute plan and still not come close to using all those minutes.

I'm cool with AT&T, network issues aside.  Seems like everyone has it, so the mobile to mobile really kicks in.

I have three phones on my account.

850 shared minutes $49.99
Line 2 $9.99
Line 3 $9.99
Unlimited text $30
Data on two lines $30

It rounds out to about $160-170 a month

I'm cool with AT&T, network issues aside.  Seems like everyone has it, so the mobile to mobile really kicks in.

I have three phones on my account.

850 shared minutes $49.99
Line 2 $9.99
Line 3 $9.99
Unlimited text $30
Data on two lines $30

It rounds out to about $160-170 a month

Back
Top Bottom