NEED HELP WITH HDTV.....PICS FOR THE BEASTS Vol. facebook Broads

I have a Sony Bravia. Lately Ive noticed that whenever I watch any non HD channels (Yes they still exist), the image doesnt seem to fit the screen.
For example, Im watching the news and the reporters name comes out at the bottom, I would not be able to see the names, maybe just a few cut off letters. Im thinking there must be some type of option on the TV, or it has to be a problem with my Direct tv. Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Small token of my appreciation in the spoiler.

Spoiler [+]

it's the aspect ration of the broadcast image. It's probably in letterbox 4:3 if its non-HD, so you can either
1. Stretch to fill the screen if it bothers you (not recommended)
2. Zoom in on the image on screen (not recommended either)
3. Set pillarboxes on each end of the screen so you keep the image the same as the source.

it's the aspect ration of the broadcast image. It's probably in letterbox 4:3 if its non-HD, so you can either
3. Set pillarboxes on each end of the screen so you keep the image the same as the source.

indifferent.gif

3 explanations where 2 of them are not recommended.
Aint that a $!*%@.

long story short your stuff is on zoom. put it on full your still gonna have the black bars on the sides of your t.v cause its too big for the picture to be broadcast. i have a bravia too ill reply again with exactly what button on the remote to press if its that serious
p.s dont forgt my pics

Back
Top Bottom