NCAA COACHING CAROUSEL update Bo Pelini New Nebraska coach

[h1]2007 I-A coaching changes[/h1]

[table][tr][td]2007 I-A COACHING CHANGES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TEAM[/td] [td]OLD COACH[/td] [td]NEW COACH[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
8.gif

Arkansas[/td] [td]Houston Nutt -- Story
Nutt resigned after compiling a 10-year record of 75-48 (.610) and three SEC West championships with the Razorbacks, including two trips to the conference championship game.[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
239.gif

Baylor[/td] [td]Guy Morriss -- Story
Morriss was unable to produce a winning record in his five seasons, going 18-40 overall and 7-33 in Big 12 games.[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
36.gif

Colorado State[/td] [td]Sonny Lubick -- Story
Lubick was relieved of his coaching duties after the Rams finished the season 3-9. They haven't had a winning record since 2003, although Lubick is 108-74 in 15 seasons at Colorado State.[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
150.gif

Duke[/td] [td]Ted Roof -- Story
Duke has lost at least 10 games in three straight seasons, including a winless 2006. Roof finished his Duke tenure with a 6-45 record.[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
59.gif

Georgia Tech[/td] [td]Chan Gailey -- Story
Gailey was 44-32 in six seasons at Georgia Tech but 0-6 against rival Georgia. The Yellow Jackets are 7-5 in 2007.[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
130.gif

Michigan[/td] [td]Lloyd Carr -- Story
The Carr era was marked by highs of winning a national title and five Big Ten crowns and lows of losing (a lot) to Ohio State. Carr's .752 winning percentage (121-40) ranks seventh among active coaches.[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
145.gif

Mississippi[/td] [td]Ed Orgeron -- Story
Orgeron was fired a day after the Rebels blew a game against their big rival to finish the season 3-9 and go winless in the conference for the first time since 1982.[/td] [td]Houston Nutt -- Story
Nutt takes over a program that hasn't had a 10-win season since 2003. Since then Ole Miss has had four or fewer wins in four seasons.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
158.gif

Nebraska[/td] [td]Bill Callahan -- Story
Callahan's four-year stay was marked by the most embarrassing losses at a football program once among the mightiest. Interim AD Tom Osborne announced the dismissal one day after the Cornhuskers ended the season at 5-7.[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
2459.gif

Northern Illinois[/td] [td]Joe Novak -- Story
Novak, who won more games than any Northern Illinois coach in modern history, announced his retirement after 12 seasons.[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
2567.gif

SMU[/td] [td]Phil Bennett -- Story
Bennett, who is 18-48 in six seasons, will finish out the season. Expectations were high entering this season, with Bennett predicting the school's first bowl game since it received the NCAA-mandated death penalty in 1987.[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
2572.gif

Southern Miss[/td] [td]Jeff Bower -- Story
Bower resigned after capping his 14th consecutive winning season, ending a 29-year relationship as player and coach with the Golden Eagles despite accepting his 10th bowl invitation in the last 11 seasons.[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
245.gif

Texas A&M[/td] [td]Dennis Franchione -- Story
Franchione came to Texas A&M to restore the glory to the Aggies. He left with a mediocre record and an embarrassing scandal on his resume. Franchione resigned, ending a rocky five-year tenure.[/td] [td]Mike Sherman -- Story
The former Green Bay Packers head coach and current Houston Texans assistant was hired to succeed Franchione. He was 57-39 in six seasons with Green Bay.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
265.gif

Washington State[/td] [td]Bill Doba -- Story
Doba and the Cougars agreed to part ways after after a 5-7 season in which the team missed going to a bowl game for a fourth consecutive year.[/td] [/tr][/table]

You forgot Ted Roof. Not that anybody has given a damn about Duke football since the late 80s...

As of Sunday it looks like Sonny Lubick is in the process of negotiating his release from Colorado State after 15 years as well.

Word is John Holland and Dat Nguyen will join Sherman in College Station next season. Not sure in what capacity, but I'd assume Holland would be the DC andDat would be a position coach...

If Ron English does take the job if its offered to him, i think he will be a great coach for michigan.

i love Bobby Bowden to death and appreciate everything he's done for FSU but we wont get any better until he retires

Gunna, what are your thoughts on the hires at the big programs so far? Pelini at Nebraska, Sherman at A&M? Can Houston Nutt win at Ole Miss?

Pelini - good hire, he shoulda been their in the 1st place
Nutt - good hire
Sherman -
smh.gif
Bringin in a NFL guy (Callahan all over again)
U shoulda heard Barry Switzer on Texas A & M
eek.gif
he rippppppped them for everything, for even thinking they are a top notch football program
laugh.gif
allkinda *%##

laugh.gif
You know its serious when we have a chart.
The Pelini sign was good for Nebraska..How much do you guys think all the departures (coming) are gonna effect Lsu??

U shoulda heard Barry Switzer on Texas A & M he rippppppped them for everything, for even thinking they are a top notch football program all kinda *%##
laugh.gif
Where was this at? It's all true, though.

How Texas A&M has not found a way to be really relevent on the national scene is beyond me...Excellent recruiting base, excellent facilities, one of thebest fan bases in the country, all kinds of money, excellent academics, College Station is a GREAT college atmosphere...They need to find a coach that can getthem winning games consistently so some of these Texas kids take notice and start giving them some looks. They've got everything all these elite programshas, except the results on the field...

I've seen alot of mixed feelings about Sherman. People are really thinking his success will hinge on his coordinators. Apparently he's bringing NFLguys along for the ride, though...I've heard Texans LB coach John Holland is going with to handle the defense, and he's trying to get Dat Nguyen backdown there as a LB coach and to take on some of the recruiting load...

Originally Posted by IYE2

laugh.gif
You know its serious when we have a chart.
The Pelini sign was good for Nebraska..How much do you guys think all the departures (coming) are gonna effect Lsu??

Are you talking about tomorrow's game or the future?

What? Dat Nguyen is out of the NFL? Damn, I thought he was still with the Cowgirls.

JR5

Originally Posted by IYE2

Are you talking about tomorrow's game or the future?
The coming years. Bo Pelini...another great coach from the great state of Ohio.

I think talent wise LSU will be fine. I think more than anything they need a coach that instills discipline ie... Nick Saban kind of discipline. I'vewatched practically every LSU game for the past two years and this year's team lacked discipline. So many of their games were close this year because ofstupid penalties and mistakes which are characteristic of an undisciplined football team.

Back
Top Bottom