NBA Trade Machine Thread Anyone? VOL. Would It Happen???

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3a6hwhq

* Plus NJ 1st rounder this year to Denver which should be top 5. And negotiable additional picks.

*Plus Timberwolves moving a first round pick to the Blazers, probably the one secured by the Jefferson trade over the summer. Would most likely need to use that draft exception.

Nets:  Getting Carmelo means ditching present resources and taking on additional contracts.

Blazers: They do this to free cap space and get Harris who could run their time. Plus Wesley Mathews could control the 2 in place of Batum.

Nuggets: Denver gets their picks and their prospects while ditching bad a bad contract in Harrington. Plus Flynn, a potential Billups successor to pair with Lawson

Wolves:  They score a highly coveted 2 in Batum but jettison draft picks and a trade exception. Also they would take on 2 absolutely horrible contracts which shrinks their cap space relatively nothing.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3a6hwhq

* Plus NJ 1st rounder this year to Denver which should be top 5. And negotiable additional picks.

*Plus Timberwolves moving a first round pick to the Blazers, probably the one secured by the Jefferson trade over the summer. Would most likely need to use that draft exception.

Nets:  Getting Carmelo means ditching present resources and taking on additional contracts.

Blazers: They do this to free cap space and get Harris who could run their time. Plus Wesley Mathews could control the 2 in place of Batum.

Nuggets: Denver gets their picks and their prospects while ditching bad a bad contract in Harrington. Plus Flynn, a potential Billups successor to pair with Lawson

Wolves:  They score a highly coveted 2 in Batum but jettison draft picks and a trade exception. Also they would take on 2 absolutely horrible contracts which shrinks their cap space relatively nothing.

why would the wolves do that?

blazers at this point dont need a devin harris type PG, they need a billups type.

worst trade ever.

why would the wolves do that?

blazers at this point dont need a devin harris type PG, they need a billups type.

worst trade ever.

Thw wolves would have batum rubio and a top 5 pick in this years draft. if im kahn i pull the trigger. And aside from the shooting I look at Andre Miller as a Billups type player. clearly not as talented but similar styles. The Blazers are a mess as it is. I welcome the constructive criticism. 
smile.gif

Thw wolves would have batum rubio and a top 5 pick in this years draft. if im kahn i pull the trigger. And aside from the shooting I look at Andre Miller as a Billups type player. clearly not as talented but similar styles. The Blazers are a mess as it is. I welcome the constructive criticism. 
smile.gif

As a Blazer fan that is the worst trade I have ever seen. Batum is the most important player on the team now with Roy's problems. 

As a Blazer fan that is the worst trade I have ever seen. Batum is the most important player on the team now with Roy's problems. 

Originally Posted by Fecta23

I wholly agree with your first sentence. Just an abomination of a trade.

Originally Posted by Fecta23

I wholly agree with your first sentence. Just an abomination of a trade.

^^^  All of them. Greg Oden's junk is reportedly as small as advertised. On a side note: you dont think Cho wants to dump all that salary for expirings and draft picks? It seems to be the mode of NBA brain-trusts during a mid-season lull. Trying to orchestrate a trade that works in Denver's case has been the thorn in my hypothetical GM's side lately. Care to take a stab at it guys? because I can do worse.  

^^^  All of them. Greg Oden's junk is reportedly as small as advertised. On a side note: you dont think Cho wants to dump all that salary for expirings and draft picks? It seems to be the mode of NBA brain-trusts during a mid-season lull. Trying to orchestrate a trade that works in Denver's case has been the thorn in my hypothetical GM's side lately. Care to take a stab at it guys? because I can do worse.  

I don't like the idea of getting rid of Devin for Melo. If Devin falls back into the 2nd player on the team instead of the go to guy (Which Melo would be), he would be a lot more productive. I know Jersey would do that because Melo played with Miller in the past... But I still think Devin & Melo would be better.

I like the look for Denver with who they get in return, too. That's some good young talent for them.

I don't like the idea of getting rid of Devin for Melo. If Devin falls back into the 2nd player on the team instead of the go to guy (Which Melo would be), he would be a lot more productive. I know Jersey would do that because Melo played with Miller in the past... But I still think Devin & Melo would be better.

I like the look for Denver with who they get in return, too. That's some good young talent for them.

The Mavericks need to make a trade now that Butler's patella tendon is torn. They should get into the Melo sweepstakes. Earlier in the season, Rudy Gay was believed to have been coveted by the other Texas team down south so the Mavericks could jump onto that, though that would involve taking on a lot of salary and years given that Rudy just signed this summer. Stephen Jackson is another guy who I think will end up in another uniform before the season is over. He's the perfect final piece to some teams (Dallas, Chicago, for example) but his problem is being north of 30 and having 2 yrs 19 mil left AFTER this season.

The Mavericks need to make a trade now that Butler's patella tendon is torn. They should get into the Melo sweepstakes. Earlier in the season, Rudy Gay was believed to have been coveted by the other Texas team down south so the Mavericks could jump onto that, though that would involve taking on a lot of salary and years given that Rudy just signed this summer. Stephen Jackson is another guy who I think will end up in another uniform before the season is over. He's the perfect final piece to some teams (Dallas, Chicago, for example) but his problem is being north of 30 and having 2 yrs 19 mil left AFTER this season.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

The Mavericks need to make a trade now that Butler's patella tendon is torn. They should get into the Melo sweepstakes.
Stephen Jackson and/or Gerald Wallace for the Mavs... Maybe Igoudala if that's still something Philly would look at...

Back
Top Bottom