Originally Posted by cheezybaby

1. Celtics
2. Bobcats
3. Lakers
4. Bulls
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JsindaA

The Bulls would probably have to be in there....especially over NYK and DET. SAS? I don't think they are quite there yet but are pretty darn close

1. Lakers
2. Celts
3. Bulls
4. Knicks

Dont underestimate the Knicks.

NY is the Mecca of bball, and those teams in the 70s were some of the GOATs. Also the 90s Knicks could have won i would say at least 3 chips if they were inany other era, they had some good @%%*$#@ teams.

I would say that order is dead on.

1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Bulls
4. San Antonio

I put Lakers above Celtics not only because i'm a fan, but because the Lakers have won championships or been competitive every decade. The Celticsdominated an early NBA period, left for a decade, then returned to prominence in the 80's, then disappeared for another 20 years up until this year.

Celtics are above the Bulls because the bulls only dominated the 90's, but before and after, not so much.

Spurs and Lakers dominated the 00 era, so you have to put them up there, but after the Bulls because they haven't won back to back, let alone have 2three-peats (which the Lakers did once).

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

1.Lakers
2.Lakers
3.Lakers

only team in the NBA that has won a championship in every decade (except the 60's)

The Lakers didn't win one in the '90s.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

1.Lakers
2.Lakers
3.Lakers

only team in the NBA that has won a championship in every decade (except the 60's)

Beat me to it
laugh.gif

The celtics fan is correct
tongue.gif
sick.gif
j/k
happy.gif

just thought i'd bring this in as more fuel for the arguments. i found these for the most part from another site, made some modifications

All-Time Teams:

Lakers
PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Kobe Bryant (for "greatness" factor)/Jerry West (for "legendary" factor)
SF - Elgin Baylor
PF - AC Green
C- Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Bench:
Shaq
Wilt Chamberlain
James Worthy

Celtics
PG - Bob Cousy
SG - Reggie Lewis
SF - Larry Bird
PF - Kevin McHale
C- Bill Russell

Bench:
John Havlicek
Paul Pierce
Robert Parrish

Knicks
PG - Walt Frazier
SG - John Starks
SF - Bernard King
PF - Dave Debusschere
C- Patrick Ewing

Bench:
Stephon Marbury
roll.gif

Charles Oakley
Willis Reed
Earl Monroe
Bill Bradley
Allan Houston

Bulls
PG - John Paxson
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Scottie Pippen
PF - Dennis Rodman
C- Artis Gilmore

Bench:
Ben Wallace
Horace Grant
Toni Kukoc
Ron Harper
Bob Love & Jerry Sloan

just so you can go off of historical teams as well. if you go solely off of this, IMO it's Lakers #1, Celtics #2, Knicks #3, Bulls #4. but i don'tagree with that, rosters are only a factor. there should be no question that overall it's

Lakers
Celtics
Bulls
Knicks

are knicks that really better or equal to bulls? the only thing they got going for them is city itself. and titles from a long time ago.

For me it's

1.Celtics
2.Lakers
3.Bulls
4a. Pistons
4b. Spurs

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Knicks
PG - Walt Frazier
SG - Allan Houston
SF - Bernard King
PF - Charles Oakley
C- Patrick Ewing

Bench:
Stephon Marbury
roll.gif

Willis Reed
Earl Monroe
Bill Bradley

sick.gif
sick.gif
i mean i love H20 but Starks>>>>>>>>>H20 IMO

and
smh.gif
at Dave DeBusschere not in there. The trade for DeBusschere may be the unquestioned greatest trade in Knicks history.
I mean it allowed us to put Willis at center instead of Walt Bellamy where he became one of the greatest to ever play and the first player of all time to winRegular Season, all Star, and Finals MVP in the same season in 1970. DeBusschere was a machine on the glass and a great defender. I love Oak but i wouldhonestly put Dave at our starting PF considering he was kinda like an old school Oak and he won 2 rings and he was the guy that put us over the hump. i meanunless you want to put Reed at PF considering he was only 6'9 and would have to play there today, but willis was a MUCH better C than PF and he was able tobang low with the bigger guys (a la beaating wilt in the finals twice and earning MVP both times) because he was so skilled and so tough.

But i would agree with you on the rest except for moving Starks to our SG or at least even on the list, and same with DeBusschere.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

1.Lakers
2.Lakers
3.Lakers

Beat me to it
laugh.gif

tongue.gif
sick.gif
j/k
happy.gif
True, but it was the 99-00 season they won.

And had Magic not retired in 91, they would have been in there over the Blazers and Suns and given it another run. The Lakers MO for the whole decade of the80's was when they lost, add a peice here or there and come back strong. The year Magic retired they had brought in Sedale Threat to take pressure offMagic and give them another PG for when Scottie guarded Magic. Threat went on to lead the Lakers in scoring for the next two years, so he would havecontributed. Damn shame.
smh.gif

oh @@!*, i forgot to edit out Ben Wallace after i copied
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

anyways im not gonna argue about the teams, its not the point of the thread. i'll change it one last time, i guess

btw damn GR8, somebody knows their Knicks history

Celtics
Lakers
Bulls
Spurs

knicks dont belong anywhere near there.

people give the knicks too much credit just because they are in the largest market. and its a very bball oriented fanbase.

on that subject theres no damn way msg should be considered the 'mecca of basketball '.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Celtics
Lakers
Bulls
Spurs

knicks dont belong anywhere near there.

people give the knicks too much credit just because they are in the largest market. and its a very bball oriented fanbase.

on that subject theres no damn way msg should be considered the 'mecca of basketball '.

Please the Knicks were elite for the entire 1990s and no doubt they get rings if MJ wasnt there. i mean they didnt but they still had some amazing teams thatwere even better than MJ's Bulls in the reg seasson at times and had gruling playoff series with him year in and out, and were nearly unbeatable at thGarden. Plus they were led by one of the games best ever centers and one of the games best competitors alongg with some other tugh competitors. And in the 70sthose teams were some of the GOATs, and beat out chamberlain twice because they were tough and played as a team. They were a team that played the game that allcoaches woud want to play if they had their choice. plus they had some all time greats as well.

Maybe the Spurs have a ring or 2 more than the Knicks but in terms of history the Knicks are a clear #4 after Lakers, Celtics, Bulls. A few good years in themillenium dont make up for the Knicks long history, and also rings dont tell the whole story about the 1990s Knicks teams.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

1.Lakers
2.Lakers
3.Lakers

Beat me to it
laugh.gif

tongue.gif
sick.gif
j/k
happy.gif
True, but it was the 99-00 season they won.

And had Magic not retired in 91, they would have been in there over the Blazers and Suns and given it another run. The Lakers MO for the whole decade of the 80's was when they lost, add a peice here or there and come back strong. The year Magic retired they had brought in Sedale Threat to take pressure off Magic and give them another PG for when Scottie guarded Magic. Threat went on to lead the Lakers in scoring for the next two years, so he would have contributed. Damn shame.
smh.gif

blah blah blah...If Len Bias didn't die..If Reggie Lewis didn't die..If Larry didn't have a bad back..If the Celtics didn't get screwedoutta Duncan..

Every team can make excuses.

you seem to be basing most of that on the 90's knicks.

well the spurs past decade is arguably (though theres not much of an argument) better than the knicks 90's.

im guessing the first response will be 'quality of play and player', however i believe that argument is irrelevant.

at any given time in any given era the NBA is always a collection of the best players in the world and to win a chip even once regardless of era is quite afeat.

Back
Top Bottom