NBA Regular Season Unappreciation...

Instead of 8/8 from each conference for the playoffs, let's revamp this thing.

Top 16 teams get in.

1 vs. 16

2 vs. 15

etc

:lol:
laugh.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Are you kidding, I'm so pumped for this season.

There's ALL KINDS of story lines this year. KG/Ray in Boston, the Kobe trade, another Matrix saga etc.

Plus we are finally seeing the younger players ready to assume the throne left by the 96 class. Paul, Deron, Josh Smith, Bosh, Jefferson, AI2, etc. to go along with LeBron and Melo. All those players have had break out season last year and are ready to take it to the next level.

The East vastly improved with Boston, NY, Orlando all making improvements while the West will be even more of a battle: Dallas trying to redeem itself, Seattle playing for the fate of the franchise, Houston with an entire new look/style of play, GS trying to build on their storybook run last year, etc.

Barkley said it best. This is like the old days in the 80s and 90s where there were NO easy games. We haven't really seen a time like this since the NBA expanded in 90s, finally there is a level of parity throughout the league and the two conferences are starting to balance out.

Not to mention we get to see the rookies from what will be one of the deeper drafts in NBA history.

If you aren't pumped for this season you just have to admit you aren't an NBA fan, because if you are an NBA fan, this is a great season.
808. PERIOD.

20% off karmaloop.com with code: JBOAT

naw its appreciated, sportscenter is 10x better now w/ football and bball, just wait till college bball starts :pimp:
pimp.gif

As much as I love basketball, I do agree that the regular season is too long. Teams just don't give a @#%$ and players only begin to care once playoff time is right around the corner. Playoffs are fun and exciting, but the first round should be best of five.
TEAM RAVENS​
Let LMP Post - Team Ravens Founding Father - Member #52​
Lewis - Scott - Stills - Suggs - Reed - Landry - McAlister - Rolle - Pryce - Ngata - Johnson​
McNair - McGahee - Green - Mason - Clayton - Heap - Ogden - Brown - Flynn - Vincent - Terry - Sams - Stover​

You buggin duke. :lol:
laugh.gif

As others have said, once college bball enters the mix, it's a wrap!

I enjoy MLB, but I LOVE the NBA.

Here's a question I always ask fans of MLB: Can you sit and watch ANY random two teams (your favorite team NOT included) play each other?? Devil Rays vs Blue Jays for instance. I'm sure the majority of you will say "hell no".

But if you ask NBA fans the same question (Sonics vs Hawks for instance), I'm betting we'll say "YES".

No way in hell you'll catch me watching baseball unless it includes the Mets :pimp:
pimp.gif
Out

and another thing...
Quote:
There's like 95 percent of the first page here taken up by game threads..
:x
sick.gif
W....I....L....L....I....A....M....S​

NT is a place where you can go to forums such as Jordan Brand, Nike Retro, Music, and Sports and realize that no one has actual standards, so it's no suprise to me that regardless of the product that the league puts out, basketball "fans" will eat it up regardless.
SuraEsco: HATE

Quote:
This post really shows who the TRUE fans of basketball are.

First of all, you dont speak for all of us basketball fans because just looking at this post, not everyone agrees with you. Including me.
laugh.gif
quiet down.. i supposed people who are huge WNBA fans are TRUER basketball fans than you? get out of here, just b/c i won't support a crappy system with my full loyalty doesn't mean i'm not a fan of the game. That doesn't even make sense.

Quote:
NT is a place where you can go to forums such as Jordan Brand, Nike Retro, Music, and Sports and realize that no one has actual standards, so it's no suprise to me that regardless of the product that the league puts out, basketball "fans" will eat it up regardless.
laugh.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

They should have the NBA playoff system kind of like footballs. 6 teams from each conference. Top 2 teams in each conference get byes while the other teams have a 5 game series. Then have 7 game series from there...
SoHi 23

Dog, why are you trying to act ignorant? You yourself said you pointed out MLB's playoff format, obviously in COMPARISON to the NBA's.

So now when people compare OTHER aspects of the NBA and MLB, you wanna act like dudes don't have any "reading comprehension"?

@#%$ outta here. :lol:
laugh.gif
Out

Quote:
and everyone knows basketball is the only sport that really matters.

Quote:
don't be mad if your favorite sport doesn't have as many fans and/or generate as much discussion as basketball.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The Wizard of Oz​
13 Gold Gloves / 15 time All- Star / Hall of Famer​
The greatest defensive shortstop to ever play the game​

First Born beat me to it, :lol:
laugh.gif

Face it, it is like talking to a wall, and I don't want to argue with all the 12 year olds in here.

Fact is:

On NT: NBA>MLB

In real life: MLB>NBA (It's not even close :smokin
smokin.gif
Quote:
Haters, :lol:
laugh.gif

If you don't like it, don't come here..?

Of all people, :lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
Regular season is 6 months long, MLB is 7, not only that, but MLB games have twice as many.
Quote:
THIS IS A BASKETBALL FORUM, IT'S A FORUM ABOUT BASKETBALL SHOES. :lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
If you don't like it, then why come..?
Quote:
The MLB season really needs to play 160 games? Talk about shortening NBA, jeez the MLB season is twice as long..

Sure it is long, but how many sub .500 teams make the playoffs and how many times does a team over .500 get left out. Even in the terrible NL Central, the Cubs were over .500. In the NBA Eastern Conference at least the bottom 3 seeds are sub .500 teams.

Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
USC Trojans​
11 National Championships​

Quote:
Dog, why are you trying to act ignorant? You yourself said you pointed out MLB's playoff format, obviously in COMPARISON to the NBA's.

So now when people compare OTHER aspects of the NBA and MLB, you wanna act like dudes don't have any "reading comprehension"?

outta here. :lol:
laugh.gif

so what was the point of this post again?

people are just salty their favorite sport bores the majority of people on here.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

NBA > ALL
im goin out blastin takin my enemies with me, and if not they scarred so they will never forget me. Lord forgive me the hennessy got me not knowin how to act, im fallin and i cant turnback.karmaloop.com with Rep Code: CT16147

Quote:
so what was the point of this post again?

people are just salty their favorite sport bores the majority of people on here.
laugh.gif
obviously you missed it.
Quote:

What does the WNBA have to do with anything?

Back
Top Bottom