NBA players as a volleyball team????

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Lol at Chase not being on the first couple posts... dude is renowned as one of the greatest high school volleyball players ever.

Also lol at someone putting him at middle when he is probably the only player in the NBA already dominant at a position in volleyball (outside).
And I would love to see Griffin hit from the middle.

La Costa vs Parker, two top HS in San Diego...note the back row kills, like they were nothing
laugh.gif

La Costa vs Parker, two top HS in San Diego...note the back row kills, like they were nothing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Originally Posted by trhee

Chase�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Wow.�
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
� How the hell do you stop that hahaaha....that is just unfairly beastly. �On a related side note, the net is ~8 ft high (a smidgeon under) and Chase clearly gets his head bout 2.5 feet above the net. �That boy got a 45+ inch running vert or what??
easy, if you're playing back row you gotta be great at reading if he's gonna go line or angle, and just get low. I actually got a dig against Chase back in HS, our team took a game from them...until La Costa started playing for real�
laugh.gif
�Dude would hit 10 ft when playing back row.�
#92 in that clip (Garrett) was probably a step below chase in volleyball skills, he was a beasty middle. Scholly to UCLA (and they barely hand those out for D1) Chase played strictly on the outside or opposite.

I'm sure bball/football players would be great at making kills and athletic plays but don't count out the fact you gotta pass in volleyball too. I'm also surprised that more HS ballers don't play volleyball during the off-season just to work on their jumping and explosion skills

i Knew that was G!, my old roomate:pimp:

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Originally Posted by trhee

Chase�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Wow.�
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
� How the hell do you stop that hahaaha....that is just unfairly beastly. �On a related side note, the net is ~8 ft high (a smidgeon under) and Chase clearly gets his head bout 2.5 feet above the net. �That boy got a 45+ inch running vert or what??
easy, if you're playing back row you gotta be great at reading if he's gonna go line or angle, and just get low. I actually got a dig against Chase back in HS, our team took a game from them...until La Costa started playing for real�
laugh.gif
�Dude would hit 10 ft when playing back row.�
#92 in that clip (Garrett) was probably a step below chase in volleyball skills, he was a beasty middle. Scholly to UCLA (and they barely hand those out for D1) Chase played strictly on the outside or opposite.

I'm sure bball/football players would be great at making kills and athletic plays but don't count out the fact you gotta pass in volleyball too. I'm also surprised that more HS ballers don't play volleyball during the off-season just to work on their jumping and explosion skills

i Knew that was G!, my old roomate:pimp:

Originally Posted by krey1231

Outsides: Chase, DeRozan
Setter(s) 6-2: Steve Nash, Jose Calderon
Oppo: J Smoove
Middles: Amare, Blake
Libero: JJ Barea

Played against Chase in '07 at JO's in ATL, dude was (and probably still is) the truth. Nashty and Jose have the hands to set from anywhere. JSmoove would just need to jump and hit straight down 5's and C's.
This is a great list. Completely forgot about DeRozan
laugh.gif

And wow, I didn't know Hakeem used to play soccer... That's pretty nuts.

Originally Posted by krey1231

Outsides: Chase, DeRozan
Setter(s) 6-2: Steve Nash, Jose Calderon
Oppo: J Smoove
Middles: Amare, Blake
Libero: JJ Barea

Played against Chase in '07 at JO's in ATL, dude was (and probably still is) the truth. Nashty and Jose have the hands to set from anywhere. JSmoove would just need to jump and hit straight down 5's and C's.
This is a great list. Completely forgot about DeRozan
laugh.gif

And wow, I didn't know Hakeem used to play soccer... That's pretty nuts.

vince carter actually used to play volleyball.

hmm..

tyson chandler would probably make a good middle blocker. so would dwight howard.

vince carter actually used to play volleyball.

hmm..

tyson chandler would probably make a good middle blocker. so would dwight howard.

Back
Top Bottom