NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

http://www.philly.com/phi...ke_Bibby_not_mutual.html

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, the 76ers reached out this week to the agent for Atlanta Hawks guard Mike Bibby, only to find that the 10-year veteran is intent on staying with the team he played for the last two seasons.

With the uncertainty of the Sixers' relationship with guard Andre Miller - he also is a free agent, and there are no signs that he plans to return - the team may be in need of a veteran point guard for first-year coach Eddie Jordan.

There is not much separating Miller, 33, and Bibby, 31, either in performance or contract requests.

Bibby earned about $15 million last season, when he averaged 14.9 points and 5.0 assists and shot 39 percent from three-point range. Miller averaged 16.3 points and 6.5 assists and shot 28.3 percent from beyond the arc while earning around $10 million.

Both are seeking multiyear contracts for about $10 million per. Each can receive the most money from the team he played for last season.

grin.gif

JDB1523 wrote:
Nobody wants to play in Cleveland, and we're clearly going the wrong way luring FAs in here. We got LeBron sending %%%#%+% text messages to players to come? Great. Real professional. The same #$%$ happened when we were trying to sign Redd, Ray Allen, Joe Johnson, or Larry Hughes, and look who took the bait? Apparently LeBron sent a video to those guys saying, 'Come play with me in Cleveland.' Business savvy my %!#. Part of the problem with this franchise, and yes I'm going to get knocked for it, is letting LeBron run his show whenever and wherever. Teams that have WON championships, Houston and LA, obviously know the method, and they did it without offering more money.

That said, it's becoming more and more apparent to me that people simply DON'T want to play in Cleveland. I mean, you know something's up when you're losing FAs to the %%%#%+% city of Detroit. I like living in Cleveland, I don't mind it at all, but to multi-millionaire playboys? Forget about it. We simply don't have the same things other cities can offer. Shopping downtown? Nope, you're going out to Beachwood. Restaurants downtown? You'd get sick of eating at the best ones in three months if you're going every night. Nightlife? West 6th, East 4th, or Coventry, and only West 6th would halfway suit an NBA player. Girls? Not bad, but not even close to LA, Miami, and I haven't even been to Houston but I'd bet $100 they're better. Weather? Winter = hell. Point being, anybody that's been to Cleveland for an extended period of time knows what I'm talking about. I love it, but I can understand why guys would go elsewhere, especially when you're talking about LA or Boston, coupled with the fact we've got GM LeBron sending damn text messages...

txt isnt gonna cut it when you got the celtics president, gm, big 3, and mascot all flying to your house to sit down with you. > > >Incoming from LeBron "Plz ply in CLE w me!!"

for some reason i just cant see ron artest hangin out at the mongolian BBQ here in coventry haha. shaq, maybe, only because its all you can eat.

"we" is right. we dont need/want gabegrams 2.0 runnin up in here now.

all in all i will be very disappointed if all we end up with is Linuz Klezia after all the names being tossed around. Brons gotta be sittin there like melookin like
facepalm.jpg

ohwell.gif

like i said, unless Kobe breaks an ankle, Duncan cracks his fibula, dwight dislocates his shoulder, and the big 3 all get a staph infection, I dont see how wecan beat these guys in 7. im sure we can get 58-63 wins with ease. thats not gonna be enough in the end unless we get more help. JJ hickson will not savethis team

Originally Posted by Al3xis

- I said this in the Knicks thread, but if Kidd signs with NYK for less money, it's a very telling sign. On different things.
I think I know where you're going but... Explain...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

- I said this in the Knicks thread, but if Kidd signs with NYK for less money, it's a very telling sign. On different things.
nerd.gif

lebron

Where would Marion play on the Cavs? 6th man? He's a 3 or an undersized 4, yes he can defend the P&R, but would he be able to handle KG or Perkins onthe inside? Can he match up with Rashard in the post? The Cavs need a legit 4 and a legit 2 to be in the same breath as Boston, LA and SA. AV doesnt cut it andDelonte starting at the 2 is not going to help(even though i love delonte).

If the Cavs can at least find a starting 2, which they wont, then I would rather have Mo coming off the bench and Delonte starting at the 1.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

nerd.gif

Well, obviously I don't know why Kidd would come to NY without the assurance bron will be there next season.

Dallas is offering same amount of years and more money.

Plus, if winning was that important to Kidd why not take the MLE with a contender? Can't believe just being close to his kids is THAT big, but respectto him if it is.

Secondly, Walsh knows he can trade Curry if he gives 3 years.

"I have a little leeway which will leave me in good position for next year," Walsh wrote to The Associated Press. "I know what it is but donot talk much about it."

and imo, knicks fans are crazy for not wanting Kidd, he can still play. Especially in this system? $*+*.

^Ya...we looked great against Orlando and LA this year...

Edit: That was towards Emmanuel Gold.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

for the 100000000000000000th time ... you couldnt play against orlando because your 4 and 5 couldnt guard anyone, not because of your guards ... you tellin memo and delonte couldnt guard rafer and lee? +%##+ ... the only time they got beat was when help was needed on lew, dwight or hedo ...

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

Ron Artest coming to the Lakers.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Any word on LO?
pimp.gif

If the chemistry is good...its looking like Kobe and company can make another stride to the finals
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

cavs should pick up mike miller from washington to play 2. dude will get no burn at DC with foye and arenas manning the backcourt.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

for the 100000000000000000th time ... you couldnt play against orlando because your 4 and 5 couldnt guard anyone, not because of your guards ... you tellin me mo and delonte couldnt guard rafer and lee? +%##+ ... the only time they got beat was when help was needed on lew, dwight or hedo ...

yes, mo and west couldnt gaurd alson and lee.
what the cavs lost the most was by the P&R, and all of the bigs were to slow to get back on d, and the same for guards.

I strongly believe that Delonte can guard the 1, 2 or 3 position, but Mo isn't a defender and LeBron was defending Alston the whole damn series. So theCavs def need another guard, preferably 6'5" or taller with some defensive instincts to help Delonte out.

Hopefully the Kings make some moves. Not anything big, but moves that will help towards the future. NO to FA signings unless someone like Marvin Williams comesalong.

BangDak wrote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

JDB1523 wrote:

for the 100000000000000000th time ... you couldnt play against orlando because your 4 and 5 couldnt guard anyone, not because of your guards ... you tellin me mo and delonte couldnt guard rafer and lee? +%##+ ... the only time they got beat was when help was needed on lew, dwight or hedo ...

yes, mo and west couldnt gaurd alson and lee.
what the cavs lost the most was by the P&R, and all of the bigs were to slow to get back on d, and the same for guards.

Cavs were caught up in bad rotation cuase by pick and rolls and doubling D12. the bigs are slow and in offense they can't even attractattention that will cause the defense to double.

even the guards is soft in switches and late to recover coming from a double.

- As many as 12 teams are interested in the services of point guard Ramon Sessions, according to agent Jimmy "Chubby" Wells.

- The Mavericks are believed to be shopping center Erick Dampier, who has just one year remaining on his contract. Dallas is close to signing restrictedfree-agent Marcin Gortat, which would allow them to trade Dampier without creating a hole in the paint.

I was actually referring to our rotations, probably should have stated that. When you're comparing a 6'2 guy contesting a shot or a 6'7, whichwould you prefer? That's my point. Mo and Delonte were having 3s fired over them as if they weren't even there, hence why the Cavs are looking for guyswith a bit more length (well....WERE looking...)

What about Marvin Williams on the Cavs? He shoots about 45% for his career, young, 6'9", shot 35% from 3 last season...

I haven't really seen this guy play, any info I'm not getting?

Originally Posted by wohcttank

What about Marvin Williams on the Cavs? He shoots about 45% for his career, young, 6'9", shot 35% from 3 last season...

ATL would match a MLE offer in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by wohcttank

-I was thinking about this last night too, I would figure the Hawks would match the offer sheet.

-Marion is the best FA left, if we can't land him, nothing will go down till Trade Deadline

-Anthony Parker does not excite me, I rather Have Delonte start over him...He has height but is just another spot-up shooter that won't hit shots when weneed him too.

Also a Tweet from Brian Windhorst

Thursday ended very late with no deal for Cavs. Watch to see what happens Friday with Raptors and Turkoglu, it will impact what Cavs can do
This probably has something to do with Parker, but I hope it has something to do with Marion.

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

Originally Posted by LIQI2345

Q Rich back on the clips? He must be pissed lol

I hope we get Sheed too, love his game and we need to do something ...Green Air Force Highs
9a714889b15f328eee30de16fc3db24834edf7.gif
sick.gif

I thought I was done with forces but if that happens I'm definitely buying a pair or two

Back
Top Bottom