NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Judging by Villanueva's twitter he wants out
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

[h1]Amare Wants Extension This Summerhttp://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60150/20090628/amare_wants_extension_this_summer/[/h1]

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60150/20090628/amare_wants_extension_this_summer/
[h3]More Suns News[/h3]
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60150/20090628/amare_wants_extension_this_summer/
Amaré Stoudemire and his agent have not heard from any other NBA team about the possibility of acquiring him or any interest in securing his future with a contract extension.

Stoudemire's agent, Charles Grantham, said he would like to hear a commitment from the Suns.

"Either he's in or out," Grantham said Sunday while in Phoenix. "You're going to have to really make a commitment to him that he's part of your program going forward and that you're going to work around him. Those decisions seemingly are still up in the air. They are going to have to be made at some point. You'll have to talk about either committing to him or trading him.

"Those discussions haven't happened yet."

Stoudemire is looking for an extension this summer.

Stoudemire commented this month to media in other cities about how well he would fit in with other teams if he was a 2010 free agent.

"It didn't come from Amaré saying, 'I don't want to be in Phoenix,' " Grantham said. "If the Suns are committed to him, he doesn't have to become an unrestricted free agent."

Get it done Wallace!

I would say unprotected 2010 pick, Lakers 2010 pick, Arthur, Richardson's expiring, Buckner's expiring and Warrick would get it done. That's allthey are looking for anyway. Future picks, caproom and young talent. They might even package Barbosa in the deal to free up more cap.

[h1]Thunder Expected To Pursue Millsap[/h1]

[h3]More Thunder News[/h3]
[h3]Thunder Links[/h3]
Jun 29, 2009 7:21 AM EST
Millsap_Paul_uta.jpg
There was speculation on Sunday night that the Thunder might be preparing an offer for Paul Millsap.

Millsap is a restricted free agent, and former Jazz director of player personnel Troy Weaver is now a part of Oklahoma City's front office.

The Thunder are expected to have $11 million in cap space this summer.

If the Thunder pick up Millsap, I wonder how fans will praise Presti?
grin.gif

Milsap does a ton of work without the ball though, offensive rebounds and putbacks etc, he brings toughness, would rebound, I think he would be a pretty damngood fit in OKC. Why wouldn't Presti get love for that if he brings him in?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Milsap does a ton of work without the ball though, offensive rebounds and putbacks etc, he brings toughness, would rebound, I think he would be a pretty damn good fit in OKC. Why wouldn't Presti get love for that if he brings him in?
I don't see no problem with the signing. I want Memphis to get either him or Lee myself because of what they bring. The thing is how muchmoney they would command. Like someone said a few days ago, you can find those type of guys in the 2nd round all the time.

There's an article talking about Memphis 3 most attractive PF's are: Randolph, Lee and Charlie V. The funny thing is that two of those guys arescorers. There's a difference between bringing in guys who can score and guys who are just ball hogs. So, I got mixed opinions about Charlie V, but I dothink Millsap or Lee would be the better fit.

I want Paul Millsap, but the Jazz will probably match his contract unless the Grizzlies front load his contract like the Hawks did with Joe Johnson a few yearsback.

There's an article on Yahoo saying Yao could be out all of next year, and maybe even done, period.
eek.gif
eek.gif
SMHx1000

Guess that's why they were pushing so hard for Rubio (rumored to be offering Shane + Brooks)

Straight rebuilding process

Okay so the Bucks made offers to Sessons and a european player making them Restricited Free Agents but they are Letting Charlie V walk.

1. How do you draft YI and bench Charlie two seasons back in favor of YI?

2. You trade YI and Simmons fro RJ so you can play Charlie V at the Four where he was a beast last year.

3. You trade RJ (in a salary Dump) to make room to sign some players that are out of contracts (EX: Charlie V and Sessons)

4. You draft Jennings while also have Luke Ridnour on your roster (Underrated PG that has one year left on contract making a smooth transition for Jennings totake over at point)

5. Why do you not give Charlie V a offer to at least setup a sign and trade if need be if you can't re-sign him?

This Bucks franchise is in worse shape then my Nets.

Have fun Brandon on that team.

Originally Posted by StickyRicky34

I wish the Grizz would go after STAT, that would be my dream come true. We would have a legit starting 5 then.

if your one of these teams like the warriors or Grizz you dont trade for Amare inless he accepts a long term deal, no point in trading young talent,draft picksor contracts coming off the books for a 1 year rental. all signs point to Amare wanting to join a big name next year

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by StickyRicky34

I wish the Grizz would go after STAT, that would be my dream come true. We would have a legit starting 5 then.

if your one of these teams like the warriors or Grizz you dont trade for Amare inless he accepts a long term deal, no point in trading young talent,draft picks or contracts coming off the books for a 1 year rental. all signs point to Amare wanting to join a big name next year
Basically. I think thats why he's looking to for an extension this summer to make him more attractive to bigger markets. He know nextoff-season there will be better free agents out there, so his market value may drop. He might as well try to get as much as possible in this off-season.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]No qualifying offer for Villanueva[/h1]
By Charles F. Gardner of the Journal Sentinel

Jun. 29, 2009 2:57 p.m.

Bucks general manager John Hammond confirmed Monday that Charlie Villanueva would not receive a $4.6 million qualifying offer by the Tuesday deadline.

The Bucks' decision means Villanueva will be an unrestricted free agent, able to sign with any NBA team beginning July 8. Teams may begin negotiating with free agents on Wednesday.

Hammond said the team has made qualifying offers to restricted free agents Ramon Sessions and Ersan Ilyasova. That allows the Bucks to match any offers made to them by other NBA clubs.

The Bucks were part of a three-team trade last week that helped the team's precarious luxury tax situation, as Richard Jefferson was sent to San Antonio in return for expiring contracts. Decisions are still to be made regarding former Spurs players Bruce Bowen and Kurt Thomas, who were acquired in the deal along with 6-9 forward Amir Johnson, who came from Detroit.

After lengthy discussions involving the front office and coaching staff, it was determined not to send Villanueva a qualifying offer. The decision effectively ends Villanueva's career with the Bucks.

The 6-foot-11 Villanueva played three seasons in Milwaukee after being acquired in a June 2006 trade with Toronto that sent point guard T.J. Ford to the Raptors.

Villanueva suffered an injury-plagued first season with the Bucks, appearing in just 39 games and starting 17, while averaging 11.8 points and 5.8 rebounds. He missed 43 games due to injury, including 30 with right elbow tendinitis.

His second year in Milwaukee proved equally frustrating, this time due to the Bucks' high-profile acquisition of rookie forward Yi Jianlian. Villanueva came off the bench at the start of the year and never really adjusted to that role, and eventually he became a starter after injuries and fatigue slowed down Yi's progress.

Villanueva averaged 11.7 points while appearing in 76 games, including 31 starts.

Under coach Scott Skiles last season, Villanueva returned to a regular role, appearing in 78 games and making 47 starts. He averaged career highs in points at 16.7, rebounds at 6.7 and assists at 1.8

Villanueva ranked third on the team in scoring, second in rebounds and second in three-pointers made

Toronto picked Villanueva with the seventh overall pick in the 2005 draft, and he averaged 13.0 points as a rookie.

Sessions has played the past two seasons for the Bucks after being chosen 56th overall in the 2007 draft. He averaged 12.4 points and 5.7 assists last season and appeared in 79 games (39 starts). He scored a career-high 44 points against Detroit on Feb. 7.

Ilyasova, a 2005 second-round pick of the Bucks, has played the past two seasons for Regal FC Barcelona in Spain.

I will be very surprised if the Cavs sign Charlie for the MLE. I don't see it happening. Charlie is at the point of his career where he is about to enter his prime and should command more money.

Basically. I think thats why he's looking to for an extension this summer to make him more attractive to bigger markets. He know next off-season there will be better free agents out there, so his market value may drop. He might as well try to get as much as possible in this off-season
if he shows he is Heathly this year he is the 3rd best FA next year after bron and wade

I don't hate the Cavs; I just don't like the Cavs.

What I hate is this sense of entitlement that Cavs fans seem to have now, especially most of my boys.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Basically. I think thats why he's looking to for an extension this summer to make him more attractive to bigger markets. He know next off-season there will be better free agents out there, so his market value may drop. He might as well try to get as much as possible in this off-season
if he shows he is Heathly this year he is the 3rd best FA next year after bron and wade
Mike you know God damn good and well that whoever signs Amary for 100 mil is going to suck for the duration of that deal.

I know he has all the measurables you can want, but any team with him on it won't ever win anything and you know it. Even if you pair him with anothersuperstar to do the heavy lifting, all dude cares about are his fake stats. 3rd my @#$.

Bosh's wife > Amare.

Kwame > Amare

Statue of MJ > Amare

Box of tampons > Amare

Kid is going to ruin whatever franchise he signs with. Is why I was on life support when them fake (ironic) twitters came out about him going to the Lakers.
sick.gif

^CP,
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
...That was COMPLETELY OD, but I agree with the last line 100%
pimp.gif
...Amare is arguably the most overrated dude in the L IMO. GreatTalent? Yes. But it ends there. Dude is extremely immature & acts/thinks like he is one of the nicest in the L when he is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from it.He has health issues, Nash makes him look 2x better than he is, etc., etc. I don't want him anywhere near the CAVS to be honest. Dude's inferioritycomplex would ruin everything.

CP1708 > Amare (you left that out)

I guess I wouldn't mind CV on the Cavs, especially considering he has a jumpshot 1,000 times better than Varejao. Still, the main knocks on him are shotselection and defense, but I think those can be tweaked in the right situation. In the graveyard that is MIL, knowing they're not going anywhere, whywouldn't he be jacking jumpers up? If nothing else it pads his stats if the shots fall. Not saying it's smart ball, it's obviously not, but with noleader on a team going nowhere, the kid isn't in the right frame of mind. Put him next to Shaq and LeBron and you think he's going to be takingbone-headed shots? To me, doubtful. And he still has time to grow as a player. Seems like it could be a good fit, and I'm obviously not saying he's THEPIECE or that he's ideal, but he COULD be a good fit.

^ JDB, I agree 100%
LBJ & Charlie OWNING the McDonald's Game TOGETHER (I was in the house for the dunk contest & the game)
pimp.gif
:

EDIT: CP3 & LBJ were on the same squad.
laugh.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
...The East MURKED the West.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom