NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

From Mike Wang's Twitter (that's what he said
laugh.gif
)
"LBJ's shot is nice. Much more athletic. His dribble pullup to the right is one of my fav shots in the game. Looks just like him."
about 4 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to E360Spins

@0oreitao0 all kinds of nice blocks this year, including chase downs. They've given us some of the best highlights throughout development
about 4 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to 0oreitao0

@lilkobe81 The animators worked on Artest's shot. It looks better than last year. I don't remember what his hair looks like now.
about 4 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to lilkobe81

@LM1213 t-mac has a new shot. Not sure how much PT he'll be getting next year though. So close to being a bull!
about 13 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to LM1213

@PointBlankInc yeah. That gross 2K7 jumper Dirk was using is gone.
about 13 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to PointBlankInc

@2plus2equal3 Yes. KD has new shots.
about 21 hours ago via Trillian in reply to 2plus2equal3

@RB_7 I agree, didn't care for Bron's shot last year at all either. Several shots were re-done, including his. Looks way better.
10:30 AM Aug 16th via Trillian in reply to RB_7

@ItsKeem We've improved MJ's fadeaway since the trailer. I did a side by side w/ real life footage and it seems good to me.
10:18 AM Aug 16th via web in reply to ItsKeem

@TCnumba10 We spent a lot of time improving AI shot selection.There's a good mix of mid-range J's, 3's, and inside shots based on tendencies
10:17 AM Aug 16th via web in reply to TCnumba10

Props go to OS.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

From that 2 minute clip... it looks exactly the same as 2k10

no, it doesnt 
laugh.gif

BTW.. its been confirmed.. all 25 Air Jordans will be in 2K11.. they will also give you temporary attribute boosts 
sick.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

no, it doesnt 
laugh.gif

BTW.. its been confirmed.. all 25 Air Jordans will be in 2K11.. they will also give you temporary attribute boosts 
sick.gif

grin.gif
I think those attribute boosts only affect My Player/the Jordan mode....... or i could be wrong
nerd.gif

[h1]Hands-on: NBA 2K11
[/h1]

[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]http://bulk2.destructoid....rebirth/skirt-strong.gif>
[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]
#2K Games #Previews #PS3 #Sports #Wii #xbox
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Unlike football or baseball, there isn't some sort of exclusivity contract at play with the National Basketball Association. This is somewhat great, as it affords us different basketball games from different companies, with titles as disparate as NBA Jam and the upcoming NBA 2K11.

As a result, this means developers have to challenge themselves a little bit more. While many gamers were pleased with NBA 2K10, many players felt there was a certain lack of polish and finesse to the title. Some felt like they would get locked into canned animations, and that the fluidity of the game just wasn't there. These were the two areas that the developers wanted to improve upon with NBA 2K11, and so they did. Then, of course, they got the exclusive use of Michael Jordan for NBA 2K11, turning this title into one of few that support the greatest basketball player of all time. It's a big deal, and they've done a lot to make a game that takes advantage of this contract. Hit the jump to see how much they've done.

image005-620x.jpg

NBA 2K11 (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, Wii, PC)
Developer: Visual Concepts
Publisher: 2K Sports
To be released: October 5th, 2010

First, lets talk polish. When the developers first went about making NBA 2K11 more polished, they started with the cameras. All the angles now support truer broadcast shots, so now you will never play from an angle that is not true to how viewers watch the games themselves. After working through the cameras, players' faces were redesigned, and special focus was placed upon the small details. If a player has a special tic that he always does, or if he always wears a sock a certain way, that's how the game will represent him.

As for control, a lot of effort has been placed upon redesigning the animation. Whereas before players would be locked into an animation, unable to mix things up, now players can shift and move with a lot more fluidity. Again, the R-stick is used for making shots, and small “cell phone reception

no, it doesnt 
laugh.gif

sick.gif

grin.gif
Wait, are you being serious about the boosts? WHY did they think that is/was a good idea? @$! man.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

SOurce?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

no, it doesnt 
laugh.gif

sick.gif

grin.gif
Wait, are you being serious about the boosts? WHY did they think that is/was a good idea? @$! man.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

SOurce?
from Kotaku.com

or years, NBA 2K only featured a few pair of authentic Air Jordans in its equipment lineup. That changes with NBA 2K11, featuring His Airness in the game. Twenty-five models are available, and they carry attribute boosts.

Speaking to ESPN.com, producer Erick Boenisch says there will be 40 Nike varieties in the game, 25 of them Jordans, and players will earn them at random. Every couple of hours of gametime, or so, you'll get a new pair at random. "Your timer is always running and shoes are always unlocking."

funny how polarizing these "Jordan features" are.. read the user comments on there.. dudes are 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
 over this. 
grin.gif

link: [URL]http://kotaku.com/5616237/nba-2k11-has-a-shoe-fetish[/url]

That is a got damn shame if a player gets attribute boosts because of some damn shoes. I am HIGHLY disappointed in 2K for that mess. What the hell are they trying to accomplish?

That is a got damn shame if a player gets attribute boosts because of some damn shoes. I am HIGHLY disappointed in 2K for that mess. What the hell are they trying to accomplish?
This is purely speculation...... but i think that these boosts you get from wearing a certain shoe is only for My Player/Jordan mode. It would be waaaaay to god damn stupid of 2K to do something like that.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

This is purely speculation...... but i think that these boosts you get from wearing a certain shoe is only for My Player/Jordan mode. It would be waaaaay to god damn stupid of 2K to do something like that.
I don't care WHAT MODE it is in. A feature like this is arcadish and has no place in a simulation based basketball game. I don't think they would do something like this but if they did, I am highly disappointed.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I don't care WHAT MODE it is in. A feature like this is arcadish and has no place in a simulation based basketball game. I don't think they would do something like this but if they did, I am highly disappointed.
I'd be rolling if that happened. When I wear Jordans on court my performance suffers 
ohwell.gif

They had this feature of shoes giving attribute boosts in the My Player Street mode in like NBA 2k5..........
nerd.gif
but I digress, it is still stupid
laugh.gif

UPDATED - Dirk Nowitzki
COMING UP - Compilation of Dunks Layups we have seen so far
COMING UP - a deeper look into what a first glance may not notice
COMING UP - TBD

hey guys i decided to make a video of lebron's jumpshot and a few others cause if you are like me and are a true fan of the series then you love to see how much it has changed and if its improved. Even though there are short glimpses of these videos it is still easy to tell how drastically (for the better) these shots have changed.

Here is dwayne wade's jumpshot:

Here is Lebron James' jumpshot:

Here is Chris Bosh' Jumpshot + Side by Side Comparison:

Here is Dirk Nowitzki's Jumpshot + Side by Side comparison:

please, if you are interested in more of these types of videos please let me know and comment, give me some opinions or criticism. I was in a rush so the editing with these videos are not amazing but i will be putting more time into it, video editing and directing is my past time so i am capable of good productions. More videos will be up, keep up with the thread!

Thank you in advance for your time, all comments and opinions on this are greatly appreciated, i would love to be a part of this forum.

remember, please subscribe. The more i see people are trying to help me the more i will help the operation sports community by uploading videos and taking time away from my daily activities.

http://www.operationsport...-motion-analyzation.html

Mike Wang's responses to questions on OS.  - http://www.operationsport...rch.php?searchid=3302929

Back
Top Bottom